Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did Minato die?

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member CupofDice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did Minato die?

We know that he was hailed as the strongest Konoha shinobi, so why did he die in his fight against the Kyuubi. At first I thought it was because his techniques were more suited towards fighting humans and a suicidal technique was all he could come up with, but now that I think about it he could have been looking for death because of the possible death of Kushina. I mean all of the Akatsuki think they can take on Naruto even though they know he has the Kyuubi's chakra, and we know that Minato is probably stronger than Kakuza/Hidan. What do you think? Could Minato have found a way to defeat the Kyuubi without dying or did he want to die?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why did Minato die?

Naruto is only using kyubii chakra partially. I doubt naruto can stomp konoha and kill most of its ninjas. A full-powered kyubii is much much stronger than naruto is and it is raw power.

For all we know, minato might not even have a chioce to use the Shikii Funin. Even a four-tails transformation trash the three gates, imagine what 9-tails can do.

I think the only one who knows whether minato is alive or dead is gamabunta because he was there when minato performed the technique

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

minatos death is shrouded in mystery. why?because the 3rd died using the technique the 4th was supposedly using as he died, and they buried the 3rd and asuma used to go to his grave and talk.but wheres the 4ths grave aint never seen that. if he used the same technique and he was fighting in konoha or thereabouts how come no one retrieved and buried his body? the thread should be called is minato really dead? coz the guy's clearly pulling strings for after his "death" examples key for the seal.
    Who the Tobi am I?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there was an effective means of containing Kyuubi without Minato sacrificing himself. If there was another way he wouldn't have used the techniques the way he did. Its been indicated that only sealing Kyuubi would have prevented it from returning eventually.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In an old interview, Kishi said that Kyuubi was immortal, and the only way it could be stopped was by sealing it. Yondaime knew that something was going down, however, and chose to seal the Kyuubi into Naruto. Whenever a jinchuuriki is created, a life is sacrificed as compensation for power. Yondaime gave his life just how Gaara's mother was sacrificed to bind the Ichibi to Gaara.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

gaaras mom was sacrificed ? wow i must have missed that. chiyo said she put the ichibi in gaara.
    Who the Tobi am I?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Way back when Gaara was first introduced, he explained that shukaku was put in him against his mother's wishes, and that as soon as it possessed him in utero the sand protected him, killing her. She died cursing the village.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i still believe the 4th is somewhere watchin the grave of his wife or something, the third pretty much died after finishing the seals yet the fouth can split the kyuubi's chakra, seal it in his son and prepare something like the key must be godlike or something
    note: i believe his wife sacrificed herself instead

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is getting ridiculous. The fact that Pain isn't Yondaime should have put this crap to rest already.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AngryChubbs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

minato cant still be alive. he is a legend in the narutoverse...a god if you will.....and in order to remain a legend, you have to remain dead lol

besides, if minato comes back somehow, just how is kishi going to explain that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mestizo311's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is he dead? Because he used the Death God seal. I don't really think you need to see someone's grave to assure that someone has died. Where are the First and Second Hokage's graves at? While were at it where's the White Fang of Konoha grave at? I think Kishi knows that he doesn't have to show us these things just so we can sleep better at night. He only showed the Thirds grave because he was being buried at that moment. Just imagine how depressing the anime would be if they had to do a cemetary tour. I think I had my fill of it with Chiyo already.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The grave of a hokage would be a in a secret place. I doubt the grave site of the 3rd contains his actual body but a reprentation of it. Only a few people would know the actual burial sites. That is why you do know where the 4th's grave is....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AngryChubbs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

mestizo makes a good point...at konoha they just have a giant tombstone with names on it....what makes me curious is how does no one know the 4th name? i mean minato uzumaki....naruto uzumaki...1 + 1 = 2.....lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darknitemarch's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

...his last name was Namikaze, not Uzumaki.

But Minato is dead. He died when using the Shiki Fuuin. For Kishimoto to go back on that would be terrible writing.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Inkovic's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Konkun View Post
    The grave of a hokage would be a in a secret place. I doubt the grave site of the 3rd contains his actual body but a reprentation of it. Only a few people would know the actual burial sites. That is why you do know where the 4th's grave is....
    Obito has a grave but his body was never recovered from the Rock country. The graves just represent the person and who they were rather than a physical resting place for them.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast