Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
It's that time of year - the time when celebrate another year gone by, party way too hard, wake up the next morning, and vow to change our ways.
Or something. What are all of your hopes, dreams, and goals for the next year? Are you doing anything about them now?
I have three myself:
1) Remove the accursed popcorn ceiling texture from every room in my house.
3) Get in good enough shape to cosplay as Kratos for Otakon 2008.
To those ends, I am
1) Engaged in a fierce battle with the popcorn in the office and guest bedroom.
2) Saving money :P
3) Biking to work instead of driving, running regularly, and doing yoga (that shit WORKS, man.)
Post your resolutions and discuss, post why you aren't making any, or post about your resolutions from last year and to what extent you kicked their asses.
Last edited by Iceiphoenix; August 12, 2013 at 04:33 AM.
My main resolutions are:
1.) Eat less
2.) Eat healthier
3.) PLAY MORE FIELD HOCKEY
4.) Be nicer
5.) Study more often
I've already started cutting down my intake (god bless shitty college food <3) and I've started eating a lot more veggies/fruits. As far as field hockey goes, I'll be coaching a team in February and 'll hopefully be playing on the club team at my college this spring, if it ever gets up and running. and I'll be playing field hockey next summer too
I can be a very mean person, and I'm trying to cut down, but it's an integral part of my personality
The studying thing, well, I study a good deal now, I just think studying more would be helpful, especially since my classes will only get harder and harder
Anyway, mine will be:
1. Get a GPA higher than 3.5 (I did terribly for this quarter)
2. Get at least a B for my honors calculus (crazy honors calculus is 10 times harder than normal calculus)
3. Read more books
4. Read my bible more often
5. Try to sit and not lay down when I read my books
6. Get a job, stick to it, don't complain about it, and just earn money for the sake of surviving
7. Get out of my room once in a while
8. Be patient with my roommate
9. EXERCISE MORE!!
10. VISIT MANGAHELPERS MORE OFTEN
Ah. New Year's Resolutions.
1. Get better grades. (My grades this year was c**p. Seriously.)
2. Try and get a job.
3. Exercise moreeee.
4. Study more. (This links up with 1.)
I dunno what happened to my last year's resolutions, I must have given up a month into the new year. xD Life goes on regardless.
I should add my plans or 2008
1. Find a job, with health benefits
2. Take my music skills to the next level
3. Apply what I've learned in school and design some the inventions in my mind
4. Hope that god sends a beautiful woman into my life (Yes hope is a resolution, in my book at least)
5. Swim more
Going to Anime North is my top priority.
And of course, finding a job.
i don't usually make resolutions, but i guess i'll give it a shot:
1. exercise more - it's on everyone's list, i know. my friend and i are joining a gym after new year's, so i'm hoping having a buddy to drag my ass there will help me stick to it
2. stick up for myself more - i'm waaaay too nice and easy-going and i always end up getting walked all over. no more doormat!
3. put myself out there more on the dating scene - i'm always so shy well, i did get hit on last night by my creepy cab driver, though
4. read more manga! - gotta have at least one that's easy to keep
my resolution is........ 1440x900. kidding. in the new year i graduate from college. finally. this is the defining year of my life. so i must
1. walk the path where my dreams are to be found. really. dont wander around.
2. stay away from bad habits (dont be submissive all the time)
3. get really healthy, sleep more
4. learn to live by myself
5. spend money wisely
6. drink moderately
7. improve skills..... more and more
i doubt these will all be fulfilled tho but hey, i hate being dependent on life so that's my primary motivation in the real world
I pretty much already made my resolution a long time ago for this year:
1) Do well in graduate school.
To that ends I've been studying history since August. I took a break from it the last two months though, and I'm not too sure that I should have but at least I'll be heading into the first semester fresh to go.
Mine have to be.
1)Work on my basketball game even more.
2)Win minimum 3 basketball games in da upcoming 5 games of the new year.
4)Become a celebrity on MH.
5)Quit making music videos.
6)To dunk for da first time.
7)Win da basketball tourney that will be in my school.
8)Maybe find myself a girlfriend,havent had one since 8th grade,probably this aint gonna happening,gonna stay single and motivated on one thing.
9)And last but not least fix my grades and pass the exams.
Well not much things to do,everything is possible for me,but with school its going to be a problem,im so lazy on school work,tsk doing homework right now,sh!t i hate school.
Waaaaaaaaan~! I guess I should say something too~!
1)Study all katakana and learn 50 kanji (kanji thing, not gonna happen, too lazy :P)
2)Get one more lolita dress, and shoes~!
3)Lose five kg (if I would actully do that, I would weight way too little)
4)Learn to draw better (I MUST do this one)
5)Get my waist to be 62 cm
6)Learn more japanese
I guess there they are.........
Last edited by Punky fish; December 17, 2007 at 01:16 PM.
oooooh geez....I gotta admit, I'm awful with New Year's resolutions Usually I just forget about them after a month or so
But still, I should at least pretend I'm going to reform some aspect of my life this year, right?
~ I have to stop being so lazy and eat healthier meals. Frozen egg rolls and Guinness for dinner is yummy, but isn't exactly going to add years to my life. So I'm going to try to make myself actually cook fresh food once in a while, especially food that's high in protein.
~ Wake up earlier! Since I'm really affected by the lack of sunlight in the winter, I have to start getting up earlier so that there are more sunny hours in my day ^^
~ Try not to speed...so much....while driving. I can't afford another $80 speeding ticket or another mark on my record
~ Brush up on my French and Spanish ^^ No point in learning a language if you're never going to use it, after all
~ And my most important resolution...start playing the piano again <333 I miss it too much, and reading Nodame Cantabile only makes me want to play again even more
My resolutions are:
-Get a GPA of 3 or more (My grades suck that bad)
-Get better at drawing
-Actually sticking to an idea for more than a month (The computer games I make never get finished)
.... OK, I can come up with a few:
1 - Finish my studies as planned ... in June. Won't let them fail me.
2 - Get out of my "room-kitchen-university-room" routine. Start after the June.
3 - Do at least 20% more eccentric stuff. And I really mean it.
4 - Be able to read RAW chapter in less than half an hour.
.... I really hope I'll be able to do them.
1. Stop being lazy and start studying.. half a year where I've basically done nothing.
2. Exercise - both running and body building. Both my vitality and strength are way too low
3. Get a driver license. Driving without one isn't as cheap as you might think (if you get caught )
And to prepare for these I have:
1) Been preparing myself mentally, heh.
2) Bought all kind of exercising tools~
3) Saving money and money and money...
Doing anymore than these three would seriously be a pain in the behind (and I'm not even sure I'll even do all three).