Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
What I learned of life from reading manga:
- Caring for flower, stray animals, or protecting the bullied ones can get you noticed by a very cute girl you're pretty much interested in. Hold an umbrella for stray kitten they put in box near the park. No need to pull them to shades. It would certainly attract the girl you like.
- Most american and french can speak japanese just fine. Even aliens speak japanese.
- When a female-alien appear in front of you, they would be naked or minimally covered by clothes.
- Worms only eat clothes, panties and bra.
- When you're a detective, it's most likely that you will encounter murder right in front of your eyes.
- Dying people have so much time leaving complicated dying messages. In codes!
- A person who murder someone without preparation can quickly think up a way to cover up and create closed-chamber murder in a few seconds.
- Start practicing anything early in your life and you're pretty much a potential superstar by 14-17.
- The weak-looking clumsy people have potentials of becoming a boxer, or footballer, or anything any coach believed them to be.
- Chicks have enough power to kick or punch a guy or two to the sky, especially when naked.
- Your sister would always appear in front of your door at the wrong time.
List what you learn from mangas too ...
haha, i just complimented GK on his summary of the last few chapters of the naruto manga, and i will have to say the same thing here (lame, i know). even so, this is a pretty good summary of what readers often come across in manga, not to say amusing!
this is a thing that i noticed in shenmue but applies here, in addition to the language thing, Even countries with their own national languages have entire populations that speak japanese
Eyeshield addressed the language problem..putting in Watts in the american team as a translator..
but the anime didn't even bother... those fillers...it's horrible...
Been reading To Love-Ru lately? ^^Originally Posted by karasu
- Don't worry about engaging enemies 3x as strong as you, you'll transform two levels during the fight anyway.
- Hair has the power to defy gravity (even without Fructis Style HARD Gel (tm) used).
- If you find a killer notebook from another world like nobody has ever seen before, you are destined to find a second person with one in a week.
- IF you find naked alien girls in your bathtub, hair and foam will always cover the interesting parts anyway.
- Japanese girls wear miniskirts.
- Strength in battle can be calculated in a number
ahaha.. so true.. and even those who use gel/wax.. i really wanna know what brand they're using... seems like it holds forever...Quote:
- When faced with impending danger, you will have 3 days or 3 months or 1 year to train and prepare for the battle... the bad guy can't do anything during those days..
- Only bad guys that you know the name can hurt you.. everybody else, guards, SPs would always miss you..
- Ninjas have special powers... there were no ninja clan that doesn't have special powers.. and they don't wear black.. the black ones come from hollywoods.. and no they never use "-gozaru" [br]Posted on: June 03, 2006, 06:35:06 AM_________________________________________________- it's possible to force yourself to run 50 km a day, even while pushing a truck or kicking rocks, and even when you don't have any sport experience before, for 40 days... (2000 km in 40 days, you guys know what manga i'm talking about )
You guys forgot themost important ones. XD
Hair: comes in color of your choice. So do eye colours. XD
oh.. in that case...
- a half-caucasian half-japanese person can be easily determined by her blue/green eye colour.
- half of the girls in japan have pink hair
- If you have saved the world from total destruction once or twice, consider the possibility that you are a) an alien, b) a descendant of the dragon species or other monsters, c) devil king's son, d) an ex-shinigami's son, e) some previous hero's descendant or even god's, f) all of the above... nah! One way to make sure, force your dad to spit out the truth!
(case is true for Superman too )[br]Posted on: June 03, 2006, 10:19:46 AM_________________________________________________- the police never felt weird about a 6 years old kid who's been appearing in most murder cases in Japan and always helped the police to solve the case. and also about a talking-while-sleeping detective.[br]Posted on: June 03, 2006, 10:30:01 AM_________________________________________________- middle school tennis is played at super-human level.. it's possible to direct and curve the balls anyway you want it.. also, players can develop some sort of aura...
(i better stop this here before i get shot by a particular manga's fans)
....and by hair color/size.Originally Posted by Khal
- Spirit World is in fact run in part by a baby.
- If you get super powers random villians and threats will end up appearing in the same city you live in and no where else.
- Linemen can sumo wrestle.
- Your arch nemesis will aid you in battle if you defeat them.
Prince of Tennis isnt very good, there i said it for you.
Apparently, the weaker you look, the more powerful you can become (i.e. unlimited potential see: ippo, sena)
- and the first thing you'll be thinking is that how your family and girlfriend is in danger, and you'll wonder if you should go away from your family or break up with her... even if you did, you will still have to go back to your hometown because it's too late, they will be doing something to your family and girlfriend sooner or later... sometimes you're lucky if your friends apparently developed some sort of power too and protect them, or previously arch nemesis guy, would help you... and he'll say "coz i'll be the one who's gonna kill you, i won't let anyone else..."Quote:
- Even if you don't have any qualification to become a teacher, you can still be a social-science teacher.. a great teacher too...
- Battles are not decided by powers or techniques.. it's decided by how much you keep your techniques secret.. the opponent is most likely to lose from the surprise...
- That, or you have one superpowerful technique you keep using over and over again saying "oh i'm so awesome, i'm gonna be hoka-..."Originally Posted by karasu
- That, or you fart in your opponents' face
-Girls only fight with other girls, because if they were to fight with guys, they'd win automatically with zero effort.