Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Major Thread

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Major Thread

Yeah that's pretty much all that's going on in most developped countries. I think the issue with the environment needs to be further underlined and stressed as I fear many people don't get the severity of what we're going to be dealing with in the coming years; not just us but our children and the generations to come.

There are so many things that need to be done, but that can't be done by one country or one person, international relations are key if we are to salvage anything from the current global situations...

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it all makes sense and it all fit together and that's why the EU is so important for the climate, globally!

Really looking forward to take my diploma in that so i can continue with further studies and then focus more on politics... somehow it've become cool. Everyone helps you in whatever way they can and i mean, i've been having friendly convos with persons like Carl Schlyter that's in the E-Parliament and ridden the same taxi so it doesn't feel like they are top prio and you are dirt, they want you to succeed and become interested... gosh i wanna be like him

I played Civ 4 with the mouthpiece for Green Party that is one of the bigger parties in the parliament. Note to self - Don't win, she hates to loose.

And because everything sticks together and is depending on other factors that's why i wanna study "IR" and immigration, integrity and human rights politics together with the global warming one.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner illusionsfool's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, seeing all the chemistry and biology majors makes me feel dumb. I'm doing a Linguistics major with minors in Japanese Studies and Chinese Studies. I'm already making plans to go to Osaka and do an Education Master's program in Teaching English as a Second Language.
    once i am unleashed into the world, no one will be able to escape from pink
    =磁器の雛姫=

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not dumb...I've always wanted to learn Japanese, is it hard? I still actually wanna learn, both speaking and writing..

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll learn japanese next semester Jay

And you don't have to be smart to be a med student... look at me lol

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could pick a major lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner illusionsfool's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Japanese, I would say, is one of the more challenging languages to learn. I've learned English (obviously, haha, my native language is German) and Spanish (not fluently, but I took about 5 years of it) and Japanese has definitely been more difficult than either. I'm learning Chinese right now too and I'd say Chinese is harder than Japanese, at least when it comes to writing, but grammar-wise, Japanese is more difficult. Some people may not think Japanese is difficult but even as a person who's been learning languages since childhood, it has been challenging for me. I also heard once that people who are good at math tend to be bad at languages because it uses the same part of the brain. I personally believe it because I'm decent at languages, but can't do math to save my life. So that could be a hint as to how easy a person may find it, I guess.
    once i am unleashed into the world, no one will be able to escape from pink
    =磁器の雛姫=

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner aprilapple's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in molecular biology and biochemistry... It's a long name but it's pretty useless unless I continue on to graduate studies. I see many poor grad students in labs being paid minimal wage lol.... the tragedy --- TA for life LOL
    I noticed I really enjoy chemistry... I might switch --- but that would require me to take more calc (which I have forgotten).
    It all comes down to... WTF are you going to do with your degree?!?! hahahaha

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Is molecular biology and biochemistry any fun? I'm senior high now and studying Nature Science - Medicine which is basically that plus a lot of calc and physics... but the thing is that I'm taking biochemistry the last semesters but if it's like.. not fun i'll switch and go for more biology-economic courses instead... What's biochemistry like? I've heard it's a lot of laboratory experiments and that you need to write very good reports.. I don't like writing reports ;/ (because I'm not kick-ass with it ofc, or else I'd love it )

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You learn biochem in senior high? I never did that lol...
    You probably learned photosynthesis in biology. A biology course would talk about the more general structural/functional/evolutionary significance... A biochemistry course would look at glycolysis and explain how each reaction occurs on every organic molecule: heavy organic chemistry and memorization. Of course, if you're into genetics ... biochem is the way to go.

I can't give you much input, I'm only starting my 2nd year in the fall. I'm volunteering in a biochem lab at the moment, and it's mainly dealing with the genetic analysis of C.Elegans. Doing DNA experiments may sound theoretically exciting, but .... it's not easy even though it's just a lot of pipetting lol.... =.=

But I can't see how you can do biochemistry in high school. You would need a organic chemistry background (they don't even have an AP exam for that). Do you just mean biology and chemistry courses separately?

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds cool! No, I've already taken two biology classes and two chemistry classes, it's biochemistry now. Taking it with biotechnology... it's just a basic course innit though.. But it sounds cool

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

lol.... wtf what sort of high school do you go to...??? If it's just intro... there probably won't be any organic chem? It'll definitely be fun! biotech? lol.... In university (at least around here)... biotech's course load is essentially a double major in comp sci and biochemistry haha
    The lab next door to mine is a bioinformatics lab... they program the computer to do a lot of protein folding with the genes they map --- sounds cool!

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha lol, idk, it's a private high-school, but I think there are some other schools in Swe that offers you those courses at high-school... Of course you can take 'em in Uni as well...
    I know our biotechnology course will be filled with eDNA (electronic DNA), we are going to grow our own group of bacteria's and make them antibiotic resistant, work with enzymes in fruit, and then work a lot with the enzyme Catalase. We're also going to role-play and make a debate about genetic modifications and gene-tech in general.

Going to be a very interesting course.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to major in helping people choose their major. xD

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    That's not dumb...I've always wanted to learn Japanese, is it hard? I still actually wanna learn, both speaking and writing..
    Me too, Iwanna learn Japanese but I always find an excuse to not do it

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast