Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battledome Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The Battledome Thread

Eventually we'll have people here posting about possible battles in Naruto that haven't happened yet. It's inevitable.

And actually, it does sound like a lot of fun to predict the outcomes of a few dream match-ups!

But rather than have the Toshokan be taken up by threads focusing on potential match-ups (like at NF), though, let's just keep it to this one thread for now.

So if you've an interesting match-up in your mind that you've been itching to discuss here, do so!

Or if you have a battle that you WOULD like to see happen, what is it?

Or if there's a rematch that you would love to see, for instance Kakashi and Kabuto (I've been waiting forever for that one), you can mention it here too.

If you want to compare/discuss the strength of certain bad guys as compared with certain good guys and vice versa this is also the right place.

Just to keep things from getting too confusing, though, if you're just posting your thoughts on a particular battle, please say which battle.

EDIT: Also - thanks to Anax for suggesting this. Please make it clear which version of the character you want to discuss is involved in the battle: Pre-Timejump or Post-Timejump.

Also, no spam please. If you want to participate in this thread as far as discussing a battle, please try to put some thought in your post. Don't just go "gee whiz, that battle sure would be cool!"

Schrödinger's cat 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anax's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Battledome Thread

Wouldn't want to disappoint you GK but Kakashi (in my mind at least) was the same level as Kabuto.

Spoiler: Post-Timejump show

Which brings me to...

...why don't you post a Kakashi vs Kabuto battle?

Suggestion: Why not ask the future posters to clarify which version of their character is fighting which version. For example "Post-timeskip Naruto vs Pre-timeskip Kabuto". Why? It makes things clearer in cases such as: "The new Naruto could easily beat the old Kabuto/Sasuke/Gaara anytime". Apart from that we haven't seen certain post-timeskip versions yet (namely Sasuke) and we know little-to-nothing about the power of other post-timeskip characters (InoShikaChou, Hinata, Kiba, Shino). Apart from all that, being clear and comprehensive never hurts

I might post an X vs Y dream battle in the near future, but I'd like to make it a well thought out and structured one (wouldn't want to rush it).
    ~Schrödinger's Cat

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Good suggestion - editing first post. Also, I might as well mention to be careful with Post-Timejump spoilers, too.

As for my ideal Kakashi and Kabuto battle...

Spoiler: Post-Timejump Possible Battle Summary between Kakashi and Kabuto - Major Spoilers show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

hhmm ok let me think about kakashi vs kabuto...

first of all you should not take even one hit from kabuto...since he is a medical ninja, his hit can effect your heart or other muscles (as it did agaisnt naruto) and that could be fatal....you should fight against him from a distance..besides he seems does not know effective long distance ninjutsus or genjutsu....

this is the advantage for kakashi..knowing more than 1000 jutsus kakashi does not need to get close to him and he knows kabuto is medical ninjutsu that one of his hits could effect him dangerously.Kakashi is also very skilled and very fast jutsu user when it comes to ninjutsu (he almost suprised itachi). With good use of kage bunshin or mizu bunshins, kakashi could handle the situation well..

althoug oro said kabuto is at kakashi level, against a very skillful jutsu user kabuto will not survive long i guess.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    However, Kabuto is pretty quick himself, especially when he eats a soldier pill. He was able to easily elude Tsunade, and though Kakashi could be able to catch Kabuto off-guard with a fast-moving long-range ninjutsu, Kabuto could still take advantage of the situation by going through the earth and reaching up to grab Kakashi's feet, just as he did Shizune.

But I still agree in the end that Kakashi will prevail.

Schrödinger's cat 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anax's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Allow me the comment that going "underground" and attacking with an uppercut has to be the worst technique I've ever seen in Naruto... Should it be a special only pulled of by Sand nins or Earth type nins it'd be ok, but when everyone just about pulls it off as standard Taijutsu it just doesn't feel right, given the overall physics of Naruto's world. Thankfully we haven't seen this move a lot have we? I remember one time when Naruto did it to Neji during the chuunin exam, one mentioned above when Kabuto did it to Shizune (I must be getting old, for I had totaly forgotten that) and one when Kakashi did it to Itachi... any others I have forgotten?
    Anyway, sorry for being kind of out of topic, couldn't resist.
    (Still if I influence others in not including this technique to the point of stupidity, then I'll be happy)
    ~Schrödinger's Cat

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    Kakashi, Naruto, and Kabuto so far, that's it. Orochimaru can also do it as well though he more glides than breaks through the earth.

I think Kakashi likely copied the jutsu from some Iwa nin. Naruto likely depended more on the Kyuubi than any kind of jutsu to channel himself through the earth. And Kabuto may originally be from Iwagakure for all we know, or he learned it from Orochimaru.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member glasskatana's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True Strength: Saninn vs. Other Ninja

This conversation came up on another one of my threads. Just how powerful are the Sannin compared to other ninja (NOT IN COMPARISON TO EACHOTHER AS THERE IS ALREADY ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THAT!!!). Like Sandaime. Would Orochimaru have lost if he didn't have time to prepare or if Sandaime was a little younger? Was Oro just toying with him? Is Jiraiya really at Hokage-level skill and power? Go ahead debate away (try to keep it nice though.)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: True Strength: Saninn vs. Other Ninja

Well let's see, Jiraiya > Tsunade and Tsunade = Hokage. Therefore Jiraiya > Hokage.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

just to add my views on this
    firstly oro jira and tsund are without a doubt ninjas at kage-levels, thats been stated many time in both anime n manga, to prove this, tsund is the 5th, oro is a s-ranked Missing-Nin, and jira made a next s-ranked missing-nin Akatsuki run off cos he was ''to troublesome'' = Uchiha Itachi.

and as for the 3rd, i guess we wont no who's more powerful, a younger 3rd vs a prepared oro, my opinion is oro is more powerful now.

thats all i wanted to say for now at least
    <br /><br /><br />
    Spoiler: LOL show

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member C4animax's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, anyway jiraya was the first being asked to replace the 3rd so he could have say yes and would be hokage by now, oro did beat up the 3rd to a pulp and tsunade is hokage so ....

A younger 3rd vs prepared oro i would think that the young sandaime would kick oro's ass.

I think the topic could go beyond the sanin...
    My new website, you can upload whatever you want on it : http://www.full-stream.org enjoy. (should be uploading naruto episode on it soon)

Get your naruto wallpapers here at http://meganime.ovh.org that's what all ninjas do anyway and you?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

See khal, everyone agrees with me

Not to forget that jiraya's apprentice became a Hokage and both Oro's and Tsunade's apprentices are Jounin.
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member siegfried's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rampages
    See khal, everyone agrees with me

Not to forget that jiraya's apprentice became a Hokage and both Oro's and Tsunade's apprentices are Jounin.
    this is a different subject.yondaime invented most of his jutsus.it is not about jiraya pretty much.he was more powerful than jiraya.
    Things not going you way?You pick up your toys and go home.That is it?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Obito's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The younger Sandaime would be able to beat Oro I mean the guy was known as the Professor and when he was trying to do the that soul sealing jutsu he couldn't completely do it because he wasn't young and strong enough.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by siegfried
    this is a different subject.yondaime invented most of his jutsus.it is not about jiraya pretty much.he was more powerful than jiraya.
    As Jiraya stated himself, Yondaime had a good teacher. Good teachers raise good apprentices. That's why he wants to raise naruto - he's a challenge.

And yeah, I think Sarutobi was one of the strongest Kage ever to exist, in his time.
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

New Reply
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast