Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
Thread Closed

Thread: In Regards to Zaraki's Shikai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In Regards to Zaraki's Shikai

I'm sorry, but I'm sick of seeing this over and over again, as spam no less. So I'll have to be a hardass about it;

"Is Zaraki Kenpachi permanently in Shikai or not?"

As of today, ALL spam posts on Zaraki's sword, outside of the above thread, will be deleted.

Thank you.
    Last edited by gigantor21; December 30, 2007 at 03:00 AM.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

2. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In Regards to Zaraki's Shikai

Funny thread. I don't know why you expect everyone to know he's in shikai. It never really comes out and says he's in shikai in the manga or anime.

The only thing that says it, is some Bleach book that's never been fully translated by anyone. So we have to go by translators that have read the book on their own but never really scanlated it. It's also not a well known fact. I never even heard of the book until I said something about seeing Kenpachi's shikai. Then I was told about this book that states it. However, no one can tell me who actually wrote it. I think someone said Kubo was just credited in it and not the writer of it.

His sword may be in shikai, but he doesn't know the name of his zanpaktou, and I believe there is a huge difference in how powerful he could be if he knew it or atleast an ability could be learned from it.

It depends on how you define shikai, too. I think some people probably don't care that his sword is released. It's not a real shikai if he doesn't know the name of his sword. And if we ever see him use it, and even if his sword doesn't transform or anything, we will see an upgrade in strength and maybe even a shikai ability. I think its comparable to Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou. He was using it unconsicously and had no idea the name of the attack and when he learned how to fire it whenever he wanted to and the name of it, it's power increased dramatically.

So, I don't think there really is anything wrong with people looking to see Kenpachi's shikai. It's just there is this confusion on what people think shikai is, and people who happen to know about the Bleach data book have to always state his sword is already in shikai everytime someone says something about seeing Kenpachi's shikai or learning the name of his zanpaktou.
    Last edited by Travis; December 30, 2007 at 01:49 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Funny thread. I don't know why you expect everyone to know he's in shikai. It never really comes out and says he's in shikai in the manga or anime.
    They don't explicitly say shikai, but Kenpachi and Yoruichi indirectly say that. Kenpachi says his sword has no seal on it, and Yoruichi says that Kenpachi's sword is always released.

The only thing that says it, is some Bleach book that's never been fully translated by anyone. So we have to go by translators that have read the book on their own but never really scanlated it. It's also not a well known fact. I never even heard of the book until I said something about seeing Kenpachi's shikai. Then I was told about this book that states it. However, no one can tell me who actually wrote it. I think someone said Kubo was just credited in it and not the writer of it.
    The person who said Kubo didn't write it was completely off. There is a section in which Kubo has a talk with someone else, and somehow that person was the writer of the databook. The databook is written by Kubo.

His sword may be in shikai, but he doesn't know the name of his zanpaktou, and I believe there is a huge difference in how powerful he could be if he knew it or atleast an ability could be learned from it.

It depends on how you define shikai, too. I think some people probably don't care that his sword is released. It's not a real shikai if he doesn't know the name of his sword. And if we ever see him use it, and even if his sword doesn't transform or anything, we will see an upgrade in strength and maybe even a shikai ability. I think its comparable to Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou. He was using it unconsicously and had no idea the name of the attack and when he learned how to fire it whenever he wanted to and the name of it, it's power increased dramatically.
    There really is no debate about the definition of shikai. His sword is released, therefore it's in shikai. However, there's no doubt that Kenpachi's power will increase when he knows its name.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you say that Kenpachi and Yoruichi indirectly say it, and then say Yoruichi says it's always released? Isn't shikai Japanese for release?

I've read all the conversation between Ichigo and Yoruichi and it doesn't really say that and it's just kind of ihinted that it may be.

It also doesn't coincide with the rest of the characters where they train and learn the name of their zanpaktou to achieve shikai or a release. Kenpachi, during his fight with Ichigo, says he never put a release on his sword, so how's that possible? As far as we can tell you train to a certain level to learn the name of your zanpaktou to release it. I mean everyone who has released their zanpaktou has to pretty much use their name. And then someone comes along and states they never sealed their sword? How did they release it in the first place? How does a shinigami seal their own zanpaktou without knowing it's name? I suppose it's been hinted that his reiatsu forced it into release, but that still doesn't fill in all the holes with how he explains his zanpaktou.

There is also a problem with a definition of what an actual shikai is. Up until now everyone has had to use the name of their zanpaktou to release and they throw someone in that is supposedly in a released state without knowing the name of their zanpaktou. It sounds plot holish and kind of dumb. It's never really explained how that works. I also don't believe Kenpachi has a true shikai. And I really hope we see something new with his zanpaktou during this fight with Noitora, if he uses the name of his zanpaktou.
    Last edited by Travis; December 30, 2007 at 02:16 AM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you say that Kenpachi and Yoruichi indirectly say it, and then say Yoruichi says it's always released? Isn't shikai Japanese for release?

I've read all the conversation between Ichigo and Yoruichi and it doesn't really say that and it's just kind of ihinted that it may be.
    Yoruichi and Ichigo talk about how their zanpakutous are always in their released forms. Shikai actually means initial release, so it's not exactly the same thing. However, the only other release is bankai, so you can assume its shikai.

I guess she doesn't actually say it, but their conversation confirms that Kenpachi's zanpakutou is always in its released form.

It also doesn't coincide with the rest of the characters where they train and learn the name of their zanpaktou to achieve shikai or a release. Kenpachi, during his fight with Ichigo, says he never put a release on his sword, so how's that possible? As far as we can tell you train to a certain level to learn the name of your zanpaktou to release it. I mean everyone who has released their zanpaktou has to pretty much use their name. And then someone comes along and states they never sealed their sword? How did they release it in the first place? How does a shinigami seal their own zanpaktou without knowing it's name?
    Most shinigami start with a sealed zanpakutou, and then eventually release their power by unsealing it when they communicate with it. You can see in his flashbacks that Kenpachi has always had his unsealed zanpakutou, it could be that his reiatsu was so great that he just materialized his zanpakutou on his own.

There is also a problem with a definition of what an actual shikai is. Up until now everyone has had to use the name of their zanpaktou to release and they throw someone in that is supposedly in a released state without knowing the name of their zanpaktou. It sounds plot holish and kind of dumb. It's never really explained how that works.
    There isn't a single instance of someone saying that you must know your zanpakutou's name in order to have a shikai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And there you go. This is why I'm singling these out; you will NOT win. There are too many ambiguities in the mythology. Just keep it in the thread ttx linked to.

Thread locked. I'll keep these posts up, so people know where I'm coming from on this.
    Last edited by gigantor21; December 30, 2007 at 02:58 AM.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed