Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
Thread Closed

Thread: Video Game Reviews

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner aNYthing's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Video Game Reviews

Here you can post all your thought and ideas about games, it's fun really...to keep it neat here is the format and try to keep your review one gamene post

Format:
    Title of the game:
    Genre:
    Short description of the game:
    Story:
    Graphics:
    Music/Sound:
    Gameplay:
    Extra:
    Overall score:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    (after each try giving it a rating)
    keep this thread alive lol
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    here is mine of

Final Fantasy 12

Title
    Final Fantasy 12

Released
    October 31st, 2006 (U.S.)

Genre
    Role-Playing Game (RPG)

Description
    Squaresoft's 12th main installment in the legendary Final Fantasy series boasts many new features, both exciting and even genre changing in a sense.

Story
    Final Fantasy 12 has basically the same story that it had for it's past games (a small band of rebels fight against a large empire or terrifying evil). Vaan the optimistic vagabond and thief gets caught up by chance with a group of odd but ordinary characters. What was supposed to be a rebel's fight against a brutal empire turns into something much more serious as this empire has an evil plan up their sleeves. But the story is actually what keeps you going on. With some twits and exciting characters it would want you having more.

8/10 - Although the story is in a sense fresh the idea isn't. Basically it's something like Star Wars how a group of people fight against a whole empire. Some may like it because the story isn't focused on the main character, while others may not.

Graphics
    With PS2 on the brink of extinction it's no suprise these graphic are so good. Final Fantasy 12 takes the PS2 to it's limits. Beautiful orgasmic graphics everywhere you turn in the world. The enviorments are fully detailed right down to the little corners no person would ever see. Flicker Filter is amazing because you can turn it on or off to make it look less pixelated. Amazing on an HDTV.

Cutscene Screenshot

Gamplay Screenshot

10/10 - The Special Battle Effects, Cutscenes, even detailed characters give this game that deserving score

Music/Sound
    Ahhh this is why I love Final Fantasy. The music in Final Fantasy 12 has a different feel from other because of the new composer Hitoshi Sakimoto rather than the living legend Nubuo Uematsu who has done all of the recent games. Hitoshi Sakimoto has done several other games that Sqaure-Enix has made and he doe a good job on this one. The music matches most of the enviorments which is great. The battle sounds and special effect could not be better. The English Voice over are not perfect but they are exceptional.

8/10 - Music is great but in other Final Fantay music they have been better. Maybe I am not used to this composer Hitoshi Sakimoto.

Gameplay

New Kind of exploring
    Final Fantasy 12 sparks up a new kind of RPG, Basically a pseudo single player MMORPG. How you ask? Well first of all the whole massive world is 3D with a fully controllable camera around the character/s. Now Square has designed a new type of battle system called Active Dimension Battle or ADB. In ADB players can see there basic enemies before they can fight them (this is limited to bosses or special fights). This means NO MORE random battles so action is fluid and more realistic. In battle players can switch between active which means battle is fluid and moves evn if the character has to choose commands or wait mode where the player can choose commands hassle free.

A basic battle

Pros: The new and fresh gameplay system with a good solid story and extras

Cons:The story doesn't or does little focusing on the main characters.The Battle System makes the game to long and die hard Final Fantasy fans will have a tough time covering all aspects of the game

Overall score
    9/10 - It's not perfect but it's close.........I think
    I consider myself a....

-In my hand I have the means and in my heart, the will.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gdupninja's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video Game Reviews

I just got that game!

Title of the game: Rouge Galaxy

Genre:RPG

Short description of the game: A fun and enjoyable RPG for the PS2 by Level 5

Story:Rogue Galaxy begins on the planet Rosa with the title hero, Jaster Rogue, a young man with avid dreams of exploring the galaxy. Unfortunately for him, Rosa, despite being a planet on the outskirts of the galaxy, is rife with highly contested natural resources. As a result, the planet has been placed under occupation by the Longardia Commonwealth in order to ostensibly defend it against the Draxian Empire. Its citizens live under their oppressive control and are forbidden from leaving the planet. However, thanks to a few misunderstandings and a series of fortunate events, Jaster is recruited by a gang of space pirates who mistook him for the legendary hunter, Desert Claw, and he joins the crew of the pirate ship Dorgenark along with her captain, Dorgengoa, as they leave Rosa. He will eventually find himself taking part in a galaxy-wide search with the crew for a legendary planet said to hold the secrets of a highly advanced and vanished civilization along with possessing enough wealth to buy the galaxy. But what begins as a simple hunt for the greatest treasure ever known soon turns into much more as the Daytron Corporation and its devious president, Valkog Drazer, join the hunt for the mysterious and much desired planet

Graphics: 9/10 the graphics are similar to Dragon Quest another level 5 series

Music/Sound: 8/10 it's pretty good

Gameplay: Combat is done much like it is in Kingdom Hearts 2 and in Final Fantasy 12. There is alot of exploring.

Extra: No Load Time!

Overall score: 9/10 Fun Game with some enjoyable characters

Pros: Great battle system

Cons: The plot is kinda predictable and the character backgrounds dont run as deep as other rpg's

Made by master sig maker GrayFoxx and the render maker iThePirate
    Help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

cool I saw a used rouge galaxy in the store I should go get it
    I consider myself a....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Keii's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Video Games Reviews Discussion Thread

To keep things clean in the Reviews thread :)

As for Final Fantasy XII, I overally liked the game (have to yet finish it though), but I found two things annoying.

First is the gambit system - ok, I understand, that the player would have to issue commands for the whole party at the beggining of each battle and how that would be troublesome, BUT. Having a gambit even for the main character is kind of weird in my opinion. Well, that's just me and I know that I don't have to use this system if I don't like it :)

I'd also like to complain about the mmorpgish battle system. I know it's kind of new for all those, who haven't played any mmorpgs for extended periods of time, but for me, who played FF XI for quite a long time, it just reminds me of the endless grind X.x

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's one of the best games out if you have a ps2. There is supposed to be over 100 hours of game play so it will keep you busy. Im gonna upgrade pretty soon to the 360 so I could get Mass Effect. Well not just Mass Effect but thats the first game I want.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video Games Reviews Discussion Thread

yea the battle can be quite annoying but it's more fluent than the random encounters...as for the gambit system it was ok but, It's the same thing for all the characters....some thing I would have added were maybe job classes or weapon levels and skills
    I consider myself a....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video Games Reviews Discussion Thread

Yes the gambit system is kinda annoying. I keep forgetting to turn them off at times.
    I do like the quickenings. I was able to defeat Adramelech with characters who were all below level 20 because I hit him with like 3 quickening combos. He was at level 39! I beat Judge Ghuis before he could even attack me. Yeah Id say the quickenings are useful. Some find the lisence board kinda annoying but i was able to use it correctly. Half of my characters have all 3 quickenings and the other half are one license away. Killing a bunch of monsters does pay off.

Thread Closed