Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How the DF are created?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How the DF are created?

do you think oda will show how the DF is created, or where the tree rsides that grows them, or are normal fruits 'poisoned'? and where are they found, do the lie around randomly or grow randomly on trees? (poison theory)

(or has he already?)

Moderator message by: Luckas
    Changed the thread title for easily comprehension.
    Last edited by Luckas; December 31, 2007 at 12:23 PM.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Inkovic's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: where does the DF grow?

I personally believe that Devil Fruits were created by the individuals in the Blank Century.

Part of some kind of hidden technology that created powerful fruits.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Aren't the DFs just regular fruits "influenced" by the "Sea Devil"? Therefore, they don't grow anywhere.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Aren't the DFs just regular fruits "influenced" by the "Sea Devil"? Therefore, they don't grow anywhere.
    even if they are so, it'd be nice if oda could explain their existance further. they are one of the main stuff in the manga.
    as to why did sea devil influenced them, or are there other stuff the sea devil has to do with.

maybe we'll hear of the sea devil in the mermaid arc
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the "Sea Devil" is like a "divine" being, so they probably won't go into more detail about him...

It's like going into to detail about God in D. Gray-man or something.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

couldnt the sea devil something like Davy Jones??

(never read D.Gray Man, maybe i'll give it a try once i finish with all the other mangas)
    Oblivion@Deviantart

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Inkovic's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    couldnt the sea devil something like Davy Jones??

(never read D.Gray Man, maybe i'll give it a try once i finish with all the other mangas)
    Just avoid the anime as much as humanly possible

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Just avoid the anime as much as humanly possible
    i always prefer the original, anime generally suck if they are based on mangas (cowboy bebop= great, DBZ=suckness)

anyway, i just read that the Davy Fight does base on Dave Jones. so such a thing like Davy Jones can (and probably does) exists (well even skypia exists so why not davy?)
    Oblivion@Deviantart

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

anyway, i just read that the Davy Fight does base on Dave Jones. so such a thing like Davy Jones can (and probably does) exists (well even skypia exists so why not davy?)
    But Skypia wasn't heaven or paradise like people imagine it. Skypia was "just" a place above the ordinary seas and countries populated by ordinary people. It wasn't in any way religious or supernatural. it wasn't explained how people came up there and how they can live up in the sky but these matters were not of importance. The only extra-ordinary things up there was a guy with an extreme powerful DF and the inhabitants who had wings on their backs. But these were plot-devices / cultural references and therefore not supernatural either.

People in the world of One Piece seems to be kind of superstitious but none of their beliefs turned out to be real (e.g. "God" was a Devil Fruit-User).
    For that reason I tend to believe that we will get a "rational" (I mean logical in the world and history of the story itself) for the Dfs. Possibly a weapon invented by the ancient kingdom maybe the source of the DFs is the One Piece itself. We don't know it. Yet.

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How the DF are created?

if i remeber correctly DF are only one, but what happend when de user dies? does the frut grow again? Ej. right now theres no gum gum fruit since Luffy eat it, but when he dies? the fruit will grow again?
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    But Skypia wasn't heaven or paradise like people imagine it. Skypia was "just" a place above the ordinary seas and countries populated by ordinary people. It wasn't in any way religious or supernatural. it wasn't explained how people came up there and how they can live up in the sky but these matters were not of importance. The only extra-ordinary things up there was a guy with an extreme powerful DF and the inhabitants who had wings on their backs. But these were plot-devices / cultural references and therefore not supernatural either.
    i meant if oda can make a sky island happen then why not something supernatural. the klabauterman is something supernatural after all
    Oblivion@Deviantart

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra Wolf View Post
    It was more or less speculated that the Skypians actually came from the moon (if you want, look at all of Enel's great speace journey, and see the people with wings there).

Quote Originally Posted by gao_dargon View Post
    if i remeber correctly DF are only one, but what happend when de user dies? does the frut grow again? Ej. right now theres no gum gum fruit since Luffy eat it, but when he dies? the fruit will grow again?
    I assume so.

i meant if oda can make a sky island happen then why not something supernatural. the klabauterman is something supernatural after all
    There are many things "supernatural" in One Piece, but most of them are based on logical stuffs or this world's "fairy tells". The Klabauterman is actually a real-world sailors belief that the ship actually have a spirit, and that's why they made all kinds of traditions and what not.

My assumption is that the devil fruits grow on a special ancient tree, that's probably in Raftel or near it. A tree so big that his roots stretch down to the ocean's bottom itself. Or something of that sorts. And because its roots are in the sea water, that's why the fruits gets those effects and weakness to sea water (or something like that.. :P).

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Absulutio View Post
    There are many things "supernatural" in One Piece, but most of them are based on logical stuffs or this world's "fairy tales".
    That's what I intended to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Absulutio View Post
    My assumption is that the devil fruits grow on a special ancient tree, that's probably in Raftel or near it. A tree so big that his roots stretch down to the ocean's bottom itself. Or something of that sorts. And because its roots are in the sea water, that's why the fruits gets those effects and weakness to sea water (or something like that.. :P).
    I totally agree and I want to add that maybe fruits blossom pretty high at this huge tree and they fell down in the water. Streams can now transport the fruit in any corner of the planet. So that's why anywhere seems to be one or two Devil Fruit Users.
    And I also go with the thought that if someone eat a Df then no other fruit with the same power will exist until the current user dies. So you can possibly figure out which fruit offers which power (BlackBeard's DF-catalogue).

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

well, at least were are sure there are no 2 df of the same, thats why BB had to get that one, and also thats why sanji was so mad with absalom
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

so how did someone write a DF catalogue. did asked the ppl how they looked like (quite unlikly) or did you saw the source of them. if the 2nd is really true, then we might see the DF source after all. nothing in this manga is mentioned without a later explanation.
    Oblivion@Deviantart

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast