Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 251

Thread: Romance in ES21

  1. #211
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Cherry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monterrey N.L.
    Country
    Mexico
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    Hello guys!
    Im baaaack!!! XD
    I really liked the new ending , Mamori holding Hiruma's shirt and Suzuna holding Sena's its soooo cute

  2. #212
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bakausagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    Ok I just wanna make it known that I totally am in no way bashing pairings or anyone's fandom... and I totally am in no place to start a debate, I just wanted to bring up a small point.

    Yes Hiruma and Mamori definitely have become much more understanding of one another and Mamori has accepted his sometimes rough tactics. The only thing is, sometimes I question if this is actually a "romantic" relationship or something more along the lines of a friendship. It's easy to see that Hiruma and Mamori have a mutual respect for one another. I can understand the arguement that this IS a shounen manga and that romance is something minor and thus much more subtle. On the other hand though, we've had a few blatant moments for Suzuna and Sena. Likewise, some of Mamori's reactions toward some of Sena's situations be seen as this same "relationship" as noted between Hiruma and herself?

    I don't know, I suppose it's one of those things that I would more readily agree to if there was a little more of the pairing present. I definitely agree that there is A DEFINITE connection to Hiruma and Mamori, but I feel like it is something that isn't romantic, or at the very least one-sided. Hiruma used a signal for Mamori to take him away once he was hurt, had he not done that would she have followed? Also if it were Sena, don't you think Mamori would have followed as well? Deep down something's telling me yes. She cries for Sena, she cries for the team on a whole. I mean if you look at chapter 259, Suzuna was crying for him as well.

    XD Again, I'm sorry if I just sound like a pain, it was just a part of the relationship I was looking into ((it doesn't help that I'm a psych major and love to read into things, does it? LOL)). Regardless, I'll like to see how the relationship pans out and hopefully one day we'll be given clear indication as to where the two character's hearts lie. ^-^ I hope you all aren't annoyed, and thanks for letting me put in my two cents.

  3. #213
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Artloversland
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    Well eventhough I'm a total shipper of them as a pair, I sure can understand your point And I'd love to discuss abit about the complex 'relationship' or feelings between these two.

    Quote Originally Posted by bakausagi View Post
    ...The only thing is, sometimes I question if this is actually a "romantic" relationship or something more along the lines of a friendship. It's easy to see that Hiruma and Mamori have a mutual respect for one another. I can understand the arguement that this IS a shounen manga and that romance is something minor and thus much more subtle. On the other hand though, we've had a few blatant moments for Suzuna and Sena. Likewise, some of Mamori's reactions toward some of Sena's situations be seen as this same "relationship" as noted between Hiruma and herself?
    First, I don't believe we'll ever see anything 'blatant' happening between Hiruma and Mamori (no matter how much I'd wish for it ) I believe that the character 'Hiruma' that Inagaki build up, can NEVER be blatant in a matter like love or relations, he'd be most arkward and he's simply NOT build for it. (But eyeshield 21/Inagaki is BUILD on UNpredictabilyty, so in the end I know nothing! )

    IF something was to happen, it would certantly shake Hiruma (one of his only weaknesses must be his heart [However deep it must lie]). And it could seem that Inagaki will show him no mercy.. (*lol* see ch. 258 >.<)

    Respect and friendship, sure, but the fact that Mamori is the ONLY (at least that we know of) woman he 'really' respects (and notices) makes her the 'only' possible or the first in line to ever have a relationship with him. AND -she- understands him on a whole different level than any of the others.


    Quote Originally Posted by bakausagi View Post
    I don't know, I suppose it's one of those things that I would more readily agree to if there was a little more of the pairing present. I definitely agree that there is A DEFINITE connection to Hiruma and Mamori, but I feel like it is something that isn't romantic, or at the very least one-sided.
    In the 170th down he saids that he likes the type of woman 'that he can use', however thin the idea must be, Mamori is smart enough to be of very good use to him (currently as a maneger).

    In the 205th down (page 11), the jump version was altered by Inagaki & Murata before going into the 23th volume, the 3rd frame shown in the jump was Mamori smiling, and in the volume changed to Hiruma smiling (and this is perhaps only something a Hirumamo-shipper would notice or care about but: ) It does show that Hiruma feels *something*
    ...
    [arrrgh and again I know this is vague, but as it is right now it's impossible to NOT prove that what he feels is just friendship, but in the other hand it's impossible to NOT prove that it's love] => Which leads to the fact that 'THAT' is the point of the shipping of these two, it's MENT to be 'THAT' vague

    Quote Originally Posted by bakausagi View Post
    Hiruma used a signal for Mamori to take him away once he was hurt, had he not done that would she have followed?
    [minor detail] No, He did not show her the signal for her to follow him, he showed her that he was not ready to be carried out and went back to kick Kurita firmly! She followed him out for ???-reason, that only Inagaki knows and...

    Quote Originally Posted by bakausagi View Post
    Also if it were Sena, don't you think Mamori would have followed as well? Deep down something's telling me yes. She cries for Sena, she cries for the team on a whole. I mean if you look at chapter 259, Suzuna was crying for him as well.
    ... she would proberbly would want to do the same with each other team-member, but it's not over jet (since it's very new chapterwise) and I believe we may gonna see a scene where Hiruma tries to send her back to the field to help coaching Sena & Co. but she'll refuse (here's the big Q about what's really gonna happen with these two.. forever vague signs *sigh!* )

    To sum up why I think this is being shipped so bad, is because it's so secretive.. The fact of NOT knowing really does has it's charms, and IF Inagaki ever does write something obvious into the manga about the two of them, I'll take it as a FACT that the series WILL be ENDING!!!

    Hopes my ranting was not too much

  4. #214
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bakausagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    Oh no! I think what you have dubbed as ranting are definitely valid points and I totally appreciate the kind reply without a total flame war. Hiruma/Mamori is SO very vague and it's just interesting to see different points of view. I do have to agree with the comment that the fact that it's so vague and shadowed is part of the reason it's shipped so much. Like I said, on a whole, I don't mind them as a couple at all, it'd be fine if they ended up together. I can't wait for some sort of validation on what happens though X3 Thanks again so much for having this conversation with me~

  5. #215
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner manggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    woo,marco/maria or maruko/maruko is too cute to be abandoned. well, maria has become the integral part of the reason why he wants to win the CB so badly~
    hirumamo is just unique.love it.the ambiguity in their relationship is the force.the developement of their relationship is just..one of a kind.yeah~
    sena/suzuna is just cute.lil chibi~

  6. #216
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    I couldn't find myself liking HiruMamo pairing because I don't think they will end up together. To me, they are like Takeru and Hikari from Digimon Adventure lol. They understand each other but will not end up together. Maybe because I dislike Mamori (please don't burn my house), so I found her just like an ordinary school girl and you know what, Hiruma is way too crazy for her And also, I think Hiruma is this type of person, the 'better off alone' type (if that makes any senses, my english is crap). The whole character looks strong like this, so adding a girl to him is.....no no >_<"

    That's just my opinion, please don't be offended, fans of this pairing.

    The cutest pairing in ES21 for me would be RuixMegu

  7. #217
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OS.Hoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Devil Works' HQ
    Country
    Guatemala
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    I understand your view, Kuuki. first off, fangilrs dont tend to let their guy go for another girl XD & in a badass character like Yoi, would an angelic girl like Mamori ruin his image? o.o

    I'll tell you something, tho.. One thing I really like about YoiMamo is that they dont need each other. They're not dependant of one another. They're perfectly fine by themselves. Guys are always trying to impress Mamori, & she's completely oblivious to them, because she doesnt need nor want them. & Yoichi, well... I'm sure every girl is doing her best to not approach him XD

    However, the beauty of Yoi & Mamo is that, altho they're "fine" by themselves, together they are much stronger. I just think that the best thing for two people being together is that their outsides are completely different, but yet they are the same in the core. Both Yoi & Mamo are brilliant minds & hard workers. If their goal is the same, they make the best team. Mamori has handled more tasks as the team Manager than Yoi could have ever expected, or asked. Yoichi was "fine" before, but Mamori's presence made things "better." Do you get what I'm saying? 8D

    Realistically looking at it, they're still young & things could change. Right now, the football team is what's keeping them together. But later on, what will? ... but I'm not gonna be negative & say, "there's no hope for them." It will all depend on what their aims will be after. I can think up of many things, cuz i really like them together. & it's still a fictional story, so why not? XD But well.. I'll be happy with whatever Inagaki-sensei has in mind for them in the end. They've been a lotta fun so far X3


  8. #218
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    I agree with you Hoshi-san ^^ Somewhere in my crazy mind thought they would be even better if they are like cousins haha XDD That would be totally funny! Seriously, if Mamori is the Mamori in Deimon Field's Day, I would accept HiruMamo pairing, really

  9. #219
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OS.Hoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Devil Works' HQ
    Country
    Guatemala
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    If Mamori was like in the Field day? that would be too much like... RuiMegu XD Which I know is what you like, kekekekekeke!
    I see you dont go for bad boys & good girls X3


  10. #220
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    Not really ^^; I do like bad boys & good girls, but I just don't like Mamori x_x *killed by Mamo fans*

  11. #221
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kazuma_uzumaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    Personally I would like to see them both stay single ._.
    At the very most become "best friends" kind of thing
    I can somewhat see Hiruma growing up being the guy who doesnt stay on one girl very long. Don't know why...

    And I imahine Mamori with a more fatherly character. Someone who fits Sena's dad's personaility


    The senasuzuna has no question about it. Sena has had many thoughts for suzuna for example the hotsprings scene where he feels he must "protect suzuna from peepers" or like in the recent chapters

    Adult like suzuna

    You know part f me actually wants monta to go with mamori -ducks and covers-
    Poor Monta.

    wasn't there a manga page, omake, letter or something asking about the ruimegu thing?
    i remember it was in the earlier novels.

    I would love to have suzuna as myself but of course she is but a fictional character S:


    on another note, Hosi, did your icon come from a fanmade? or from the chapters? I dont remember seeing it before

    and Kuuki, Your icon is FTW

  12. #222
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OS.Hoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Devil Works' HQ
    Country
    Guatemala
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuuki View Post
    Not really ^^; I do like bad boys & good girls, but I just don't like Mamori x_x *killed by Mamo fans*
    Ahh, I see. That's ok ^_^ Not the only one, kuuki

    Quote Originally Posted by kazuma_uzumaki View Post
    Personally I would like to see them both stay single ._.
    At the very most become "best friends" kind of thing
    I can somewhat see Hiruma growing up being the guy who doesnt stay on one girl very long. Don't know why...
    Really? XD I myself dont picture Yoi going from a girl to another. Just... umm... if not with Mamo, then the chances of another girl in the picture are quite rare (to me 8D)

    Quote Originally Posted by kazu
    You know part f me actually wants monta to go with mamori -ducks and covers-
    Poor Monta.
    Actually, because of how strongly Monta feels for Mamo (& how openly he is 'bout it too), I do feel sorry for the guy too, & I really dont know how Inagaki-sensei plans to close their relationship. I mean... what's gonna happen to Mon-mon regarding Mamori at the end?
    The closest thing I can picture is when Monta goes on saying about how "Men are not affected by squealed girls."
    Like a real man, he just comes to accept it. Accept that he was never in Mamori's mind like he would like. & move on. +D

    Quote Originally Posted by kazu
    wasn't there a manga page, omake, letter or something asking about the ruimegu thing?
    i remember it was in the earlier novels.
    Yup, there was. Devilbat-sama gave a rather interesting explanation of why one shouldnt assume two ppl are dating just cuz we're seeing them hang out together. I liked the explanation ^__^

    Quote Originally Posted by kazu
    on another note, Hosi, did your icon come from a fanmade? or from the chapters? I dont remember seeing it before
    what? are you telling me you've never browsed thru the first post of the Es21 Volume Covers Thread I so put the time on to see vol 11's undercover?? ....tsk...


  13. #223
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kazuma_uzumaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    Quote Originally Posted by OS.Hoshi View Post


    Actually, because of how strongly Monta feels for Mamo (& how openly he is 'bout it too), I do feel sorry for the guy too, & I really dont know how Inagaki-sensei plans to close their relationship. I mean... what's gonna happen to Mon-mon regarding Mamori at the end?
    The closest thing I can picture is when Monta goes on saying about how "Men are not affected by squealed girls."
    Like a real man, he just comes to accept it. Accept that he was never in Mamori's mind like he would like. & move on. +D
    actually it was volume12 >_>
    You know I can actually iI can imagine that ending.
    I remember an Omake for Valentines day

    Monta says "Real men don't accept Chocolates [or eatsthem I forgot])...

    Mamori then says "Really Monta?"
    Then Monta runs out crying


    funny

    I really do hope Monta goes out they way you said. Fits him perfectly. I mean he's the only one in the series who's completely OBVIOUS that he likes Mamori while the whole Suzusena,Hirumamo kinda progressed over time

  14. #224
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    Kazu > That hot spring scene is one of my fave SenaSuzu moment! XD And thanks for your comment on me icon ^^

    Hoshi > I like that explanation too! XDD In the end, we never get an answer...do we?

  15. #225
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OS.Hoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Devil Works' HQ
    Country
    Guatemala
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance in ES21

    I guess not XD But really... in the anime, Megu calls him just "Rui." Just the first name & no honorific! &.. she's practically the only one who stayed... o.o They do look cute together! ^_^ But like DevilBat-sama pointed out, it doesnt mean that they'll end up together.

    Quote Originally Posted by kazuma_uzumaki View Post
    actually it was volume12 >_>
    WHAT!!? I thought I had changed that number in my post!! XD Sorry, I was in the middle if class when I posted that, kekekeke!

    Quote Originally Posted by kazu
    I really do hope Monta goes out they way you said. Fits him perfectly. I mean he's the only one in the series who's completely OBVIOUS that he likes Mamori while the whole Suzusena,Hirumamo kinda progressed over time
    Yeah.. he's probably into Mamori just so Inagaki can make fun of men that way XD


Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts