Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Mel_Luvz_Anime Thread

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jinoh's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Mel_Luvz_Anime Thread

heya Mel

What kind of dishes do you like?

If there was one free country for you to visit except japan which would it be?

What's your most favorite genre in manga and anime?

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mel_Luvz_Anime's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    heya Mel

What kind of dishes do you like?

If there was one free country for you to visit except japan which would it be?

What's your most favorite genre in manga and anime?
    WOW easy question!!! I love curries!! I'm Indian so naturally I would starve if I didn't have curries in my life. My favourite would be seafood curries, mostly because I don't have them very often, more like a luxury.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "free country" but if you meant a "country for free" then second to Japan would have to be India ^_^ Even though I'm Indian, I've never actually been there so definitely I'd love to go there and delve in my roots and culture. I know more Japanese culture than my own... kinda embarrassing *shame on you Mel*

Favourite genre hmmm... I think I may have answered this already but when talking about reading and watching:

In terms of anime I like action/fantasy/supernatural/dark/sci-fi and in terms of manga I like romance/dark/psychological.

With manga that I translate, it's a little different from what I read. I don't like to translate a series that is one of my favourites, otherwise I feel like it decreases the enjoyment factor. But I still have to like it.
    Looking for Seinen Translators!!! Please PM me!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dubby's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Mel, you like Hana-Kimi over Fruits Basket?

I love you. XD Not a lot of people like HK over Furuba. In my opinion, Furuba is overrated. >__>

I think it's amazing that you taught yourself. ^^ I'm starting to learn, but I learned from my iPod Touch [it has a iStudy feature I installed on]. It's really helpful, actually. @__@; But I don't use it much cause I'm lazy.

Either way, you fascinate me. xD There are only a few things in this world I like to be self-taught in, and one of them is my drawing. If I'm taught to draw, I'm taught someone's else's style. I like teaching myself, I develop my own style. ^____^ Y'KNOW?

BUT THIS THREAD'S ABOUT YOU!

Hana-Kimi ftw! XD I love that series so much.

Sano is my savior. Hisaya Nakajo is my goddess.

Did you see that new DS game of hers?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubby View Post
    Mel, you like Hana-Kimi over Fruits Basket?

I love you. XD Not a lot of people like HK over Furuba. In my opinion, Furuba is overrated. >__>

I think it's amazing that you taught yourself. ^^ I'm starting to learn, but I learned from my iPod Touch [it has a iStudy feature I installed on]. It's really helpful, actually. @__@; But I don't use it much cause I'm lazy.

Either way, you fascinate me. xD There are only a few things in this world I like to be self-taught in, and one of them is my drawing. If I'm taught to draw, I'm taught someone's else's style. I like teaching myself, I develop my own style. ^____^ Y'KNOW?

BUT THIS THREAD'S ABOUT YOU!

Hana-Kimi ftw! XD I love that series so much.

Sano is my savior. Hisaya Nakajo is my goddess.

Did you see that new DS game of hers?

I actually like both Hana Kimi and Fruits Basket, but I think Fruits Basket is more suited for really young girls. There's a lot more progression in Hana Kimi, plus its just so classic how can you not like it, right. Although I do wish that the anime for Fruits Basket goes into a second season, coz it just stopped, and well I'm sure many fans share the same opinion.

Learning from your iPod Touch?? Is that working for you? I don't really know much about it, but I'm sure you'd want to get resources from other places too. Sounds cool though ^_^

Oh my, I can't draw even if my life depended on it. I totally suck in that, but at some point when I get a little better acquainted with translating, I think I might try my hand at the other aspects of scanlating manga. It seems like a lot of work goes into it so I'd like to learn about all the processes involved. I'm not going to do that anytime soon though, since there are some things that I don't have patience on (Japanese not being one of them). And ofcourse, no-one can teach you how to draw, that's what makes your and individual and personal. It's the same as saying no-one can teach an author how to write because everyone has their own writing styles. It's each person's own creativity, all they can teach you is techniques, but ultimately it means nothing if your writing is full of them or just doesn't make sense because you're concentrating on that aspect.

Teehee yes I forgot about that, this thread really is about me XD although I don't really talk about myself a lot. I really like Hisaya Nakajo's work, Sugar Princess is also among my top fav's although it doesn't progress along as well as Hana Kimi. I really liked a side story of hers called "Wild Kiss" I think it was. I thought that story had real potential to become a series, but unfortunately she seemed to think it was better as a oneshot *sniffles* Umeda-sensei will remain among my fav characters in the manga XD

DS Game... well unfortunately I don't play video games, so I wouldn't know. I never expected she would be involved in a video game, that's completely unknown to me. It sounds cool though ^_^

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like you have quite a fan following already here, Mel. XD

It's good to see more translators start threads here. So Hindi is supposed to be your mother tongue? That's interesting, you may be the first person we have here who can say that. Though I think we do have somebody from India here...

I see out of the top 5 mangas you mentioned, you like Bleach as well. Who's your favorite character in it? Sorry I don't read much shoujo ^^; But well, hope you have a good time here at MH.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dubby's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think Furuba is a bit overrated. Not saying it's bad or anything, but 'saintly' Tohru never fails to annoy me. >.>

Anyways...

I think it's cool you're Indian. A lot of my friends are, and I'm fascinated by the culture. I can go over to a friend's house and spend the entire time just talking to their mother. ^^ Tell me the most interesting about the Indian culture! I love asking this question. 8D

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    It seems like you have quite a fan following already here, Mel. XD

It's good to see more translators start threads here. So Hindi is supposed to be your mother tongue? That's interesting, you may be the first person we have here who can say that. Though I think we do have somebody from India here...

I see out of the top 5 mangas you mentioned, you like Bleach as well. Who's your favorite character in it? Sorry I don't read much shoujo ^^; But well, hope you have a good time here at MH.

Heh yeah Hindi is sposed to be but I actually know more Japanese than I do Hindi. I don't know why but it just interests me more. And I guess that makes me unique YAY!!! Someone else from India.... if you're talking about Smartpal then yeah he makes his presence known now and then. Btw I'm Indian but not from India ... just fyi

Ohhh yeah I'm totally in Love with Bleach, at the moment I really like Grimmjow, he's just awesomeness!!!!! I absolutely love his form when he goes all out against Ichigo, Meeeooow much XD But before he was even introduced I was a huge Byakuya fan... I still am actually, especially lately in the manga .... (no spoilers aye)

Honestly though I don't read much shoujo either, those are the only ones I actually liked, generally I prefer shounen/seinen genre... I don't know why, it's just cooler and much more fun to watch/read.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubby View Post
    I personally think Furuba is a bit overrated. Not saying it's bad or anything, but 'saintly' Tohru never fails to annoy me. >.>

Anyways...

I think it's cool you're Indian. A lot of my friends are, and I'm fascinated by the culture. I can go over to a friend's house and spend the entire time just talking to their mother. ^^ Tell me the most interesting about the Indian culture! I love asking this question. 8D

I think the anime is overrated, but I don't think the manga is. I think shoujo fans like a girl who has a bit of an attitude or something like that, so it's just a kind of character that ppl are not used to.

Heheh yeah I spose being Indian is awesome, and yeah we're very family oriented so basically my friends are also good friends with my mum as well. (But secretly I think it's a way for them to get to know what kind of friends you hang out with and if they're good people or not, you know. After all they're your parents, they're only looking out for you). But mine isn't like that too much.

Umm the most interesting??? I don't know. Such a strange question... well since u said interesting instead of funny or worst or something i'll say, the most interesting thing is the way we celebrate things that are important to us. We treasure life so much that we create entire occasions just to celebrate them. Like weddings... its a week-long celebration unlike christian weddings which are only 1 day. We get to dress up for sometimes no reason at all and just have fun. And dancing and singing is a part of our culture, so you can't escape that... it's everywhere.

Come to think of it, ppl don't usually ask about my culture here, prolly coz they don't know. Well I don't think it's that important anyway, except how I can't have a satisfying day without having some curry. If I don't then I'll just be all cranky, I can't help it, it's in my blood. XD

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Mel_Luvz_Anime; July 21, 2012 at 08:35 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG mangahelpers sure has changed a lot, what on earth have i missed?

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2