Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Whose bankai will be revealed last?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aizen

31 38.27%
  • Ichimaru

0 0%
  • Yamamoto

12 14.81%
  • Soifon

0 0%
  • Unohana

2 2.47%
  • Shunsui

1 1.23%
  • Ukitake

1 1.23%
  • Kenpachi

10 12.35%
  • Urahara

9 11.11%
  • Yoruichi

1 1.23%
  • Isshin

3 3.70%
  • Rukia

3 3.70%
  • One of the vizards

3 3.70%
  • Other known character

1 1.23%
  • New character

4 4.94%
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will achieve bankai, and whose bankai will be revealed last?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member anrufen's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Who will achieve bankai, and whose bankai will be revealed last?

I personally Disagree....Bankai is a really Special trait....Renji and Ikkaku are lucky to obtain it....I mean c'mon even Rangiku-san(big boobed Sub captain) doesnt have one....Rukia is out of question!!!
    Go WILD!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rukia and Bankai

Rukia had always more talent than renji . It's clear in the flashbacks. Rukia was the queen in their little group. It's just a matter of time. And it's not like kubo was someone who cares about coherence

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anrufen
    I personally Disagree....Bankai is a really Special trait....Renji and Ikkaku are lucky to obtain it....I mean c'mon even Rangiku-san(big boobed Sub captain) doesnt have one....Rukia is out of question!!!
    Damn, you beat to me it I was gonna make a thread in this. I say Rukia should have Bankai. It's cool to see other female characters in Bleach that are useful. Renji and Ikkaku weren't lucky they had plenty of experience that allowed them to achieve Bankai. Luck has nothing to do with achieving Bankai only skill and the determination one put's to achieve Bankai.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

i would love it soo much if Rukia gets bankai. But i dont know if Kubo will add another bankai to the list of bankai wielding shinigami so far. It may trivailize bankai if what Byakuya said about few ever achieving it is really true.

Nevertheless-- if she does have it- it will most likely redeem her image in the eyes of those who are just waiting for her to show her true strength. Since we havent really seen it all.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the thing is. If Rukia has Bankai, then that would more or less make her eligiable for one of the vacant captain positions in SS, especially with regards to her noble bloodline. For some reason, I don't see Rukia as Captain material, at least not yet. (yes, yes, I do remeber that Renji has bankai, and I do remeber Renji's nomination talk with baldie)

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly hope that right now in bleach, that Rukia does not get Bankai. Perhaps if there is a several year time skip my feelings on the subject would change, but in my mind a shinigami who got beaten by a low class hollow can not get a bankai within 6 months.

Now 20% Cooler 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sahugani's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it is pretty much impossible for Rukia to have Bankai. think of the methods for obtaining Bankai. one is the whole 10 years thing so thats out of the question. from what i can tell the biggest part of that method is bringing the zanpakuto's true form into the material world and bankai is achieved by interacting with the true form. the method Ichigo and Urahara used simply cheats this step by using a doll to bring the true form out forcefully. after that both methods are pretty much the same except that by using the doll, a time limit is put on that carries a penalty if broken. the ten years normally accounts for both the time it takes to summon the sword's true form and the time to interact with the true form at a safe pace.

Renji (and i'm assuming Ikkaku) had already perfected summoning his sword's true form and so it was his determination to save Rukia that sped up the interaction process (and in Ikkaku's case, i'm assuming that his was sped up by his sword wanting to fight as much as he does). Since Rukia has been in a depression for a long time (before meeting Ichigo) with Byakuya's coldness and Kaien's death, i doubt she had the mental resolve to master the summoning portion of the process. since she didn't have that or Yoruichi's doll, she couldn't even use her new resolve to speed through the second part like Renji did.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And what's stopping her from getting one of those dolls from Urahara, the one who invented the method in the first place? Also, she's had over a month to train since the Soul Society arc. She could very possibly have obtained Bankai.

On a side note, I thought that there wasn't a penalty for failing to obtain bankai in the three days, just that it became dangerous if the one attempting to obtain Bankai if they didn't take a break from the training?
    Superman cheats at staring contests.<br />

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HyperBlade13537
    And what's stopping her from getting one of those dolls from Urahara, the one who invented the method in the first place? Also, she's had over a month to train since the Soul Society arc. She could very possibly have obtained Bankai.
    she did her training before the Orihime kidnap incident and there she trained against Orihime not her sword's true form (so she could not have gotten the doll and started before then). then her recall to Soul Society was so sudden that she could not have gotten the doll from Urahara. Lastly, even if she did, she would need someone to provide the energy for the doll to function like Yoruichi did for Zangetsu. Renji doesn't have good enough control of his power (as shown by bad kido) to do this and Byakuya and Ukitake would be to concerned for her safety to allow her to try the dangerous method

Quote Originally Posted by HyperBlade13537
    On a side note, I thought that there wasn't a penalty for failing to obtain bankai in the three days, just that it became dangerous if the one attempting to obtain Bankai if they didn't take a break from the training?
    its not really a penalty for exceeding 3 days, but it was estimated by Urahara after he achieved bankai that exceeding 3 days would be dangerous and that was for people as talented as Urahara and Ichigo. do you really think Rukia would be able to pull it off in 3 days? even if she did safely exceed the 3 days safely, i don't think it would fit into the time frame between her return to SS and journey to Heuco Mundo

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I seem to recall that traveling to and from Soul Society can cause timewarps...

This could provide the time necessary for the training.

Who's to say that she couldn't have gotten Urahara or Yoruichi to assist in her training...

I don't remember them saying that it took Urahara 3 days to attain Bankai, just that it's dangerous to use his method if it takes more than 3 days to obtain it. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, I might just be misremembering.

Ichigo doesn't know any Demon Arts. Binding spells could make the subjugation of the spirit necessary to obtain Bankai easier.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Timewarps? find that info for me

as to one of the 2 supervising, i don't think so. first of all Urahara is banished from SS and was overseeing Chad/Renji anyways. as for Yoruichi, i'll give you that she was unaccounted for, but due to the circumstances around Rukia's training, i still doubt it. i doubt that Ukitake would even agree to let Yoruichi supervise the dangerous shortcut and since Rukia and Orihime were at the 13th division the whole time, i can't see it happening

Yes it did take Urahara 3 days and afterward he determined more time would be dangerous

as for demon arts, i doubt that would affect time much if at all. first of all, if Rukia's zanpakuto is a kido type, so i'm pretty sure that it would know kido defense during the subjugation. also, Ichigo made up for lack of kido with his swordsmanship. Subduing the zanpakuto is supposed to be an extremely hard task partially because the zanpakuto is a reflection of the shinigami him or herself. Fighting the zanpakuto is like fighting yourself and subduing it is symbolic of learning your own weaknesses and overcoming them. in short, Rukia would not be able to exploit a simple weakness like kido since her zanpakuto is the same type as she is

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sahugani
    Timewarps? find that info for me
    I remember Yoruichi bringing it up when she was considering extending the deadline for Ichigo's Bankai training. Hold on, I'll find the exact chapter.

Edit: Found it. In chapter 132, when Yoruichi is summing up Ichigo's progress, she questions whether or not he can obtain Bankai in the three day limit. Normally, there would have been 1 day left after the training before Rukia's, but because they entered through a twisted time-space tunnel, they arrived a week before they left, leaving 8 days after the training.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that's because Orihime used her powers in the dangai and it altered things.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure Rukia is bankai material but she doesn't have now and she won't be achieving it any time soon.
    The reason I say that is because she is a very skilled shinigami. It's been said that the only reason she didn't become a seated officer is because Byakuya made sure that wouldn't happen...to keep her out of harms way. Rukia also did great in her encounter with the arrancar from GJ squad and almost got GJ the second time she fought him...but she got distracted and let her gaurd down.

As sahugani said, achieving bankai requires a long long time to get one's zanpakuto to materialise. Using Urahara's doll method is out of the question because only to people have succeeded in doing that...Urahara and Ichigo and the reason Ichigo was successful was because of his huge rieatsu that allowed him to fight almost continuously for three days and Rukia doesn't have such rieatsu.

Having that said, achieving bankai doesn't mean instantly becoming as powerful as Byakuya or the Yamamoto. A bankai user has to practice for 20 nyears to learn about his/her bankai and utilise it's power. The lack of experience in fighting with bankai was shown in all the last three cases of shinigamis who went bankai, Ichigo, Renji and Ikakku....heck even Hitsugaya taichohasn't fully mastered his.
    Even with the time-twisting...the extra time gained won't be as long as 10 or 20 years

However, I won't lose hope in seeing Rukia's bankai later may be but not any time soon. I would love to see her zanpakuto's materialised form just as much as the bankai
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Post Thanks / Like

I think Rukia could have bankai at some point, but I don't think it's likely she has it now. I do think she's probably stronger than she's been given credit for, though. She strikes me as a determined person, the kind who might train on her own, especially since she's been denied the opportunity for advancement and field experience by Byakuya's interference. And now that I think about it - doesn't the fact that Byakuya asked for her not to be promoted (to keep her out of danger) imply that he thinks that it's possible for her to be a seated officer? Otherwise why bother asking?

The only way that it would be possible is if she got one of Urahara's dolls and forced her zanpakuto to materialize so she could train with it. And if she did do that, I think her bankai would still probably be undeveloped and weak at this point, since she's only had a month to train with it.

And I'd be a little disappointed if Rukia busted out the bankai now, what with Ikkaku suddenly revealing he has bankai as well. It would seem like too much. On the other hand, Rukia must believe that she's capable enough to split up. I don't think she's the type to go on a suicide mission.

New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast