Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaman King -Kang Zeng Bang- by Takei Hiroyuki

thanks for the reply kkck and Felipe Asakura...

@kkck: yeh i know that MH has the raw chapters up until chapter 291 but not the ones after i want to read the last volume (chapters from 292-300) which MH doesn't have... I've tried looked around for a while but can't seem to find them...

@Felipe Asakura: yeah i've been looking for aaaaaaaaages and can't find them anywhere. i'm dieing to read the ending!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Chibi_Fluffy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Why dont you just read the scanlations ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Fluffy View Post
    Why dont you just read the scanlations ?
    Because I want to read it in japanese... :$

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Justine's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about buying all the Shaman King manga finally, but I'm hesitant.
    I know that in Japan, the Kanzenban (limited edition and finales) volumes finished releasing sometime in 2009 (I think)...usually we wouldn't think they'd ever be released in North America. But in the past couple of years, several mangas have been released in the same 'limited/special' edition formats (ie: Fruits Basket, Ruroni Kenshin, Inuyasha).
    Does anyone think that maybe there's a chance Shaman King could do the same thing? I mean, it was pretty popular, and everyone knows the fans were/are dying for the official end. I don't know...I think I might wait a year or so to just see what I hear from the North American publisher. I'd rather buy the newer, refurbished volumes

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member andysislands's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard, Viz is looking into it. I'm not sure if talks have stopped or not. They might just be seeing how Ultimo and SK sells first.

However, here's the problem. Shueisha wants to resell it has a "new license." So, it's not a re-release, but instead a whole new license they would need to pick up. Shaman King sells alright for Viz, it certainly breaks even, but it's not their most profitable series. And doing a complete re-release, might not be as profitable to be worth it. This would also include re-typesetting the entire series again, and that's alot of time and effort. At best, they could do a limited run, and really push the ending volumes, but... it's reallyu just wait and see.

Quick update:
    Shaman King: KZB will be released in Italy starting in Nov 2010. Shaman King is one of the best selling mangas in Italy (and outside of Asia, the highest selling, only second to France, then the USA).

More info:
    http://shamanking-nation.com/english...ased-in-italy/
    Last edited by andysislands; April 16, 2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ¬Bol's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaman King didn't (it's been about 3 year since it finished, stuff like that) sell that well. I mean, manga who sell in Italy are One Piece, Death Note (it was reprinted...6 times, I think...), Naruto, Bleach. Compared to these, Shaman King sells nothing.

But I'm still pretty happy for this edition, which I'll buy for sure (who mind if I already have the original volumes)! I've heard volumes will have color pages (on a lq paper, but it's better than nothing), but won't have the plastified cover...Damn, I love that removable covers...
    °__°

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it sold well enough to warrent getting the two fanbooks, as well as going back and picking up Butsu Zone. Not to mention the anime (based off of the 4Kids dub) had their own special opening theme and music CD. So it's up there in terms of best selling series (I didn't mean to say that it was outselling One Piece or Death Note or anything...but doing better there than anyplace else).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

(And digs out topic... since it's been a while...)

Mankin-Trad has released Shaman King Remix Track 01! This is the first sort of chapter that kinda continues the Shaman King storyline. The last one was Shaman King: Flowers. But it's important to note that these are not full chapters, only manga shorts (3 to 7 pages).

Each Remix Track is included in a reprint volume of Shaman King under the Shueisha Remix label. Series under the Remix label get bundled into larger volumes on "meh" paper (better than WSJ, worse than volume, much worse than KZB in quality). They are released with a new volume every two weeks. Shaman King Remix is using the Kang Zeng Bang verison of the story (with chapter renaming, and art changes), but doesn't have the extras such as the color pages, Shaman Files, and Last Words. But they do have these small Shaman King manga shorts called "Shaman King Remix Tracks" so it's alittle something.

Currently 8 volumes are out in Japan. Mankin-Trad will be scanlating them at a rate of two a week until we catch up. Remix Track 1 is out now on Mankin-Trad.
    That huge Hiroyuki Takei fan, who's has been around for a long, long time....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

(Not to dig up an old topic again... but this should stir up some discussion!)

If you haven't been keeping track, Remix Tracks 2-8 have been released on Mankin-Trad! There will be 16 in total. And 9-11 are in translation, so they should be up in the upcoming weeks. A complete guide to all the volumes will be up on Shaman King Nation later this week too!

In the other huge news... Mankin-Trad has released the entire interview with Hiroyuki Takei from Pafu Magazine! This is a HUGE 12 page interview with Hiroyuki Takei, including pictures of his office. Mangas discussed are Jumbor, Ultimo, and Shaman King. It's very detailed and goes deep into Takei's dynamics on making those series. So be sure to download the .pdf version and give this a read!

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New Shaman King Manga

Source ?????????????? ???????????????????????????X??????????

Ann just posted some new info Shaman King to Return in New Short Manga in November - News - Anime News Network

Quote Quote:
    Volume 4 of Shueisha's Jump X [Kai] magazine is announcing on Monday that Hiroyuki Takei is returning to his Shaman King manga with a new 44-page story in the next volume on November 10. The manga short with color opening pages will depict a previously untold "zero story" about the main character Yō Asakura. Shaman King will also adorn the cover of the volume and a bundled "big" poster.

According to the magazine, the manga short is leading up to a "Big Project" next spring. The magazine also revealed that its standard release date will change from the 25th of each month to the 10th.
    Last edited by Animeace; September 24, 2011 at 04:47 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Shaman King Manga

(should be merged with current SK topic..)

Here's some addition news about it from Shaman King Nation:
    - Will contain color pages
    - First of many oneshots, totaling up to 144 pages! (so 3-4 oneshots)
    - The story will be centered around Yoh Asakura leaving his hometown of Izumo heading to Tokyo for the first time and helping a dead child spirit pass on.
    - #マンキン is a Trending Topic in Twitter
    - Big project... is leaning towards Anime in March 2012.

I'm really excited for this project. With the new Remix Tracks being released every 2 weeks was a great start. Now a new oneshot (followed by more oneshots!) is even better. If it's like Jumbor, it could lead into a full monthly series as well. And as long as Takei can do it, I don't see it as a problem.

Also, just to let you know, Mankin-Trad will continue to scanlate Shaman King, including this oneshot. (And SK stuff tends to be highest on our list)
    Last edited by andysislands; September 24, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Shaman King Manga

Is this a prequel to the events of Shaman King or a sequel? I'm leaning towards prequel..?

I guess that whole Shaman King Flowers thing is just gonna stay as a one shot huh, since it was far too similar to what the original had done. This is nice to see though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hangedman's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaman King by Takei Hiroyuki

Jump X chapter chinese scan here

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like