Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

So I'm kinda confused. And lost. Would anyone mind clarifying some things for me? I'm sorry if I seem ignorant here.

This is the official Shaman King thread, yeah? Is there a separate thread for SK Zero by any chance or did I just miss it somehow?

So the chronological order for the story seems to be SK Zero > Shaman King/SK KZB > SK Flowers. So what is this Remix Track I've heard about?

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member andysislands's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The "Remix Tracks" are 16 short stories that don't really connect to the official Shaman King storytime. They sort of do the same thing as all the other couple page shorts thrown around Shaman King. (Like the Funbari Poem shorts, or the Tamao-Cupid shorts)

So if you want some more Takei-jokes they are a nice quick read, but you aren't missing out on plot elements.

(And there really wasn't much Zero discussion, the chapters we kinda "meh" so Mankin-Trad also put them on the back burner for a little bit. The rest of them will get released at some point. Probably chapter 3 later this month. And the extra from Volume 1 will get done too.)
    That huge Hiroyuki Takei fan, who's has been around for a long, long time....

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the chapter was interesting although I did feel it was a bit slow too.

To be completely honest I want to see ryu and tamao get in a fight. Ryu would have hypothetically grown stronger since the original manga and his oversoul must be quite something nowadays. I don't think he is necessarily old enough to have reached his limit either. I wonder if it is possible for him to have reached divine levels of spirit energy. Tamao supposedly mastered astetic arts or something and in the original one shot had a divine class spirit although it does not seem like she would actually need a matching amount of spirit energy to use that spirit. Yoken used it with a measly 55000 after all. She was next in line to be the wife of yoh so she should be quite something.

As for the waitresses of the inn, I feel their characters are a bit wasted. I mean, it makes sense that they would end up that way considering they were witches with no real world skills however it seems like they haven't done anything in 13 years since they were resurrected by hao and they are not trying to do anything either. I do wonder what their oversouls would look like nowadays, they all had a respectable amount of spirit energy before so it should be quite something if they cared to develop it.

Hana... is definitely his mother's son. Cheap, rash, angry and relentless. I guess his personality traits will be a plot point in the future, he will probably learn to be more relaxed as his dad. Of course, if he does learn that it will be enough to vastly surpass his father.

I guess the most interesting part of the chapter was luka's flashback. The previous head of the house was strange to say the least. He seems to have a weird body, it seems cracked. It didn't quite seem like an oversoul but it did not seem like a human body. Perhaps they experimented on themselves? I am interested in the overwhelming amount of furyoku though. What would that be? So far the highest number we have seen is hao, with 1250000 and then a few other divine level shamans and then the rest. In general, overwhelming would fall into the divine category however if they had such power they would have kicked ass in the last shaman fight. Perhaps weak bodies run in their family however such spirit energy cannot really be ignored either.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

I wonder if their power is related to being a yorishiro though. I read a bit about it and it seems like a yorishiro is an object which houses a god. Now, if we take this to the extreme it would actually explain pretty damn perfectly what we have seen. In the original manga things like dying, hell training and seeing the great spirit was enough to raise your power. If this guy is a yorishiro though then he would actually have the great spirit within him which should be a much greater level of closeness to it. It would perhaps explain the broken body and most importantly the spirit power they claim to have.

On another note, the part about yohane looking sad kinda reminded me of ren. Isn't it a similar situation? Yohane is basically being forced to fight for his family now.

I really want men to have appear although it does not seem like it will happen next chapter. I want to see anna the third two (and perhaps anna the second for that matter).

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

On another note, hana should not be in any danger. Ryu is an accomplished shaman with the strongest kind of oversoul, tamao seems to be in control of a divine class spirit and the waitresses seem pretty strong too. I doubt luka will accomplish much here.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andysislands View Post
    The "Remix Tracks" are 16 short stories that don't really connect to the official Shaman King storytime.

(snip)

(And there really wasn't much Zero discussion, the chapters we kinda "meh" so Mankin-Trad also put them on the back burner for a little bit. The rest of them will get released at some point. Probably chapter 3 later this month. And the extra from Volume 1 will get done too.)
    Oh, I see. Thanks for the info! I thought the Zero oneshots were nice in terms of art and storytelling. It's a bit more introspective though. Maybe I just like pondering on human nature too much. But hey, different strokes for different folks, I guess. I don't mind waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Hana... is definitely his mother's son. Cheap, rash, angry and relentless. I guess his personality traits will be a plot point in the future, he will probably learn to be more relaxed as his dad. Of course, if he does learn that it will be enough to vastly surpass his father.
    I'm interested in seeing how Hana will deal with his dad complex. I wasn't sure how Takei was going to write Flowers since the Shaman Fight is over, but having people fight over the Asakura heir/name/clan/bloodline/whatever sounds interesting. I wonder who took the earring. Opacho, maybe? All I know is that the other earring is with Yoh.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaman King 0 was the series of flashbacks, right? I thought they were pretty cool and they got me nice and excited in anticipation of Flowers. They weren't mind-blowing or anything, I just liked reading more about the charactrs. Horo Horo's was far and away my favourite. I might be biased since he's also my favourite character, but I do think his story is the one that added most to the character it centred around.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Horo Horo and Yoh had the best chapters, I think. Yes, they weren't mind blowing, but I do like the symbolisms in them. Maybe I've been watching uberhikari's analysis of the chapters in YouTube too much. His analyses could seem a bit too much for some, but I'm being hit by nostalgia so hard that I don't really care.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Horo Horo and Yoh had the best chapters, I think. Yes, they weren't mind blowing, but I do like the symbolisms in them. Maybe I've been watching uberhikari's analysis of the chapters in YouTube too much. His analyses could seem a bit too much for some, but I'm being hit by nostalgia so hard that I don't really care.
    I agree i totally loved those chapters =] i wished they showed some other characters though like Anna maybe

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaman King Flowers Chapter 4 Spoilers (with pics) via Patch-Cafe

As I mentioned in the write-up... It's much more "Ultimo-style" than "Jumbor-style." But it's just a little slower than Ultimo, which I think is for the best. I feel that it's a good improvement over chapter 3 since we bring back in the action without dropping it.

It's a good read and I look forward to working on the scanlation shortly! (though... I don't like the number of double page spreads... but I think it should still be ok!)

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's gonna be a good chapter. I was anxious for went exactly she was gonna make an appearance.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

"Hey Hana, you're getting married to your mum, congratulations!"

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    "Hey Hana, you're getting married to your mum, congratulations!"
    Well, its not like hana is a character we would expect to not have mommy issues lol. Tamao is a hardass and his actual mom is a bigger hardass whole neglected him (whether she did it for good reasons is not important).

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

And at least this Anna is a bit different from the Anna of the Flowers one-shot. She just looked and acted exactly the same as his mum.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So.... any news on the scanlation? If anything by now we are close to the next chapter.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As posted in the comments section over at Mankin-Trad... Computer RAM issues have slowed the process down. It's in QC, so... soon!

(and next month we have Jehovah (Jahabee/Yahabee), Shaman King Flowers Chapter 5, if there are any cool Shaman King Flowers Volume 1 extras, and other projects... so it will be a busy month on working on things)

Also over at Patch-Cafe all the latest pictures of the upcoming Shaman King figures! Yeah... got to buy them all... Already have Yoh pre-ordered (links are a couple posts down if you are interested). Hao is looking better. Anna is kinda "meh," but I'll still buy.

New Reply
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast