Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bigtymer32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaman King - Links & Official Discussion Thread

thanks i been looking for the manga for shaman king the us verison it sucks!!!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ releses date for Viz ----

Yea i know but i am hoping with there being a true ending and with it going direct to volume (VIZ) that they mite bump it up to a volume a month so we can get caught up but i am not holding my breath XD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi(new guy),

k where do I start? k so first I'm probably going to post links that you already know but just see this as a reminder.
    Now:
    If you want to read every single mankin chapter from chapter 1 to chapter 258 go to http://mankin-trad.net/main.php, on the left you will see chapters 183 to 257 + special, so you'll probably think "where r the once before chapter 183?" well they'r here: http://www.mangarun.com/shaman_king/ .

now about volume 32 and "volume 33"(you'll probably know this already but as I said before,see this as a reminder:

First of all the end of the anime is completly different from the manga because they didn't want to wait on the manga. So they thought of an other ending by themselfs.

The anime of Shaman King starts off with the same sequence of events as the manga for roughly half of the series and then gradually deviates into its own plot. Horohoro is introduced prematurely (Yoh meets him before they fight in the preliminary rounds) and Hao's first appearance is much later (In the manga, he can be seen hidden among other contestants). As is the usual case for anime based off manga, the anime series is much more toned down. Many of the characters that die in the manga are kept alive in the anime. The anime shows these characters recovering from their injuries (or not sustaining any at all) and eventually agreeing with Yoh and his friends ideologically. The anime does show Yoh and Hao's final battle and implies that all of the friends that Yoh has made on his journey (most of these are the characters that have died in the manga) donated their spiritual energy to help him win. However, it is still unclear whether Hao was defeated once and for all or where his soul has gone.(source)

the end of the manga goes as follows:

Volume 32 "ends" with Yoh going to sleep to prepare for the final battle with Hao; the final page is viewed as Manta's dream, which features Hao as a princess with Yoh and his friends on their way to rescue "her". The reason for that is because Anna was speaking to Manta as if Hao was the person in need of rescue. The page contains the words "Owari" ("The End") and next to that, in front of Horohoro's sword, is a mandarin orange, also called "mikan" which is the Japanese word for "incomplete".

but this isn't really the end because there is a chapter 285,
    Chapter 284 was the last chapter in Weekly Shonen Jump.
    Chapter 285 is a chapter that you can only read in Volume 32.

(source)

now about volume 33:
    this is the transcript of this video.
    Statements may not be 100% acturate for the following reasons.
    - Poor video quality
    - Poor sound quality
    - Lots of noise
    - Translations going Japanese -> French -> English

All notes and comments are in the [ ].

Q. Will there be a SK sequel? [Questionaire didn't say anime or manga, but we'll assume manga]
    A. "If possible" or 'Soon as possible''

Q. Why was the Shaman King anime ending different? [Probably meaning the 2nd season of the anime, which was changed from the manga]
    A. Well, the manga was still running so it was impossible to follow the book, so they used a different ending

Q. [The person was unable to state his/her question]
    (another person says): Can you guys shut up!? I have an intelligent question here.'' [Because the last question was really easy]
    New Q. Is there a movie or short subject [OVA/OAV/Special] of Shaman King? [Assuming that there will be a new one, not something that has already been done and hasn't been dubbed by 4Kids]
    A. Probably "No." but video got cut off.

[End of video clip]

Also, If somebody could download the video and upload me a .flv or .avi file of the video, that would be very helpful (since I can sub the video).

this is from after the Q&A:
    Q1 - Something about volume 32 & the end of SK..
    Answer : Yes, there will be a sequel, a true ending, I hope to do that for the end of the year or during 2008.

Q2 - Is the end a continuation and end of SK or rather a new story?
    Answer : Just wait for it to be released and read it.

Takei said also that he have some "secret plan." This could mean that he has a new manga (series or oneshot) planned.

He didn't want to say anything about the plot or anything (of SK volume 33) except :
    "This will be like AstroBoy.. kind of.."

(source)

and to celebrate the good news:
    C E L E B R A T I O N ! ! ! W O O T n_n
    Last edited by reaper_unique; September 09, 2007 at 07:53 AM.

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    "This will be like AstroBoy.. kind of.."
    ???? i know Astro boy was big in japan i never read the manga so what does this mean? >_>

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

well I'm wondering the same -_-' looked it up but didn't really found somthing interesting T_T

ow and why he'll probably be announce it officialy in november:
    first not in september because in september he'll probably wont be far enof.
    second not in october because then weekly SJ is going to change to Jump SQ(square).
    So probably end november because then he'll be far enof or in dec because he said then it would be ready.
    Last edited by reaper_unique; September 10, 2007 at 12:19 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@^ --- Weekly SJ is still Weekly Monthly SJ is changing into JumpSQ

It looks like Mankin Trad will be caught up in time all i know is this gives me hope for other mangas now

((( OT: Shaman king = The Jericho of manga :P))

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you for correcting
    and why is SK the jericho of manga?

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

died and then was brought back

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

since when did that happen?

O well, don't really care just hope it doesn't take to long for the official anouncment

great news:
    Quote Quote:
    Next week, Takei will have a message in Weekly Shonen Jump! The section his message will be under is the "Go!Go!SQ!" which is a section about the new manga magazine, Jump SQ (released monthly starting in Nov.). His message could just be "support" for the new magazine, BUT there will be an illustration by Takei as well (as far as the orginal rumor-news says). And rule of thumb is (and even more so if it's noted in advance)...

New drawings almost always mean a new series!

And by new series, it could mean Shaman King comes back! Or it could be something new! It could be a one shot, or it could be a brand new series. Either way, it will VERY likely mean that it will be in JumpSQ and NOT Weekly Shonen Jump. This means, if it's any more than a oneshot chapter, it will be monthly chapter releases.

So, I'd like to annouce at this time, or just re-confirm, if Takei releases anything in JumpSQ (oneshot, SK, or something new), Mankin-Trad will try it's hardest to scanlate what ever it is.

Just like with Jyuki Ningen Jumbor, we will work hard next week to both raw scans and translations for the one page message (ok, half page message, somebody else is making a comment too). Also, if it is Shaman King coming back, yes, we will finish up all 32 volumes of Shaman King manga BEFORE it gets released (assuming it follows my prediction as stated below). So check out this site for anything Takei, since we keep you updated!

(Oh, and here's just my hunch, not fact, but I'm normally not off by very much. I believe it will be Shaman King returning, but it won't start until the 2nd or more likely the 3rd issue, the January issue.)

(Also, this clearly isn't the project I have talked about in the last news post, so yes, these are two different things. But with this new, soon to be annouced annoucement, Mankin-Trad will be up to 4.5 manga series scanlated (the .5 from Funbari No Uta).)
    source
    Last edited by reaper_unique; October 06, 2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member naruto91's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

when will the new volume come out?november or dicember?

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

help please, i cant find chapters 279 and up, im stuck in chapter 279 please help me T·T
    Last edited by gao_dargon; December 06, 2007 at 09:58 AM.
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

anime-eden...perhaps could help
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gao_dargon View Post
    help please, i cant find chapters 279 and up, im stuck in chapter 279 please help me T·T
    dang how come u so far ahead from the rest of us... where did u read from 263 and up please....

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

mangatraders, they are really LQ but its better than nothing dont u think?

but i cant find the other chapters,i know SK ended a wile ago, so y i cant find them

btw,thx mugen but nop they dont have them
    Last edited by gao_dargon; December 06, 2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

here is another site but they dont have them either http://www.vimanga.ru/manga/s/shaman-king

New Reply
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast