Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Adam_xx's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaman King - Links & Official Discussion Thread

Eh, after chapter 200 it skips and goes straight to 207, anyone know where I can get the in-between?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

No idea, sorry. :/

Shaman King in American Shonen Jump currently is at chapter 96. Right now the only character I actually like at all in the series is Horohoro, so that's not good at all. I hate that that everybody seems to become friends so fast, so unexpectedly. Ren, Lysberg, Wooden Ryu. This is one series that REALLY does reek of "SHONEN" all over, feels like it's aimed at 12-and-under audiences. So, yeah, I'm not all that impressed by it at all.

Too bad it wasn't a bit more mature, though, it did have a lot of promise.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

now to necro this thread.

Anyone still read this series? at first, i must admit, i had my doubts about the series but as soon as you get past the let's all be friends phase, it gets alot better because you actually get to the shaman fight and see the kick ass techniques people develop. If i could say one thing i dont like about the series, it is the fact that there is an enemy that is completely that is nearly unbeatable, which becomes a problem at the end of the series, of course.

(to GK's post, even though it was in october, i find it funny this series screams shonen but naruto is some kind of gold mind of genius)

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it'll be a while since GK comes back but I wouldn't start an arguement over two seperate mangas since either way it cant end good...

Personally I loved Shaman King the most when I read the U.S. Shonen Jump and can't believe the series was cancelled. The whole invincible Hao thing was a problem to over come but I believed that it meant that Yoh would one day become godly too. Instead from the looks of the short series Mankin Trad did of Yoh's son it looks like it did end with Yoh's defeat. Which is something that took a lot of guts by Takei. Long live gutsy writing!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

no other fans of shaman king here?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading the manga, but after some volumes it embraced completely the usual clichè of shonen manga, so I stopped reading it but I plan to finish reading it sometime.

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luckas
    I started reading the manga, but after some volumes it embraced completely the usual clichè of shonen manga, so I stopped reading it but I plan to finish reading it sometime.
    How is it any less cliche than naruto, bleach or one piece? all of which you are a fan of...

I just dont understand why this series is so snubbed when it has alot of good elements going for it such as a good cast of characters, outside of the stereotypical anti-hero Ren, good powers with the spirits, a pretty good story that gets alot better once they get to the actual shaman fight. I would recommend it to anyone who likes shounen and if you think it is too "kiddy" continue to read past the beginning see when Takei really gets into his stride

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member someone2040's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of Shaman King. Although, it's not like high on my favourites list, probably around the middle, maybe above average. It's not something I would jump on irc to get itself.
    Really stupid how it was cancelled before the last volume, but what can you do I guess.
    Personally though, I don't really know why. But I found Gunblaze West more enjoyable than Shaman King. Maybe I just liked the western theme and the adventure aspect more than Shaman King essentially being a glorified tournament.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyuzo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by someone2040
    I'm a fan of Shaman King. Although, it's not like high on my favourites list, probably around the middle, maybe above average. It's not something I would jump on irc to get itself.
    Really stupid how it was cancelled before the last volume, but what can you do I guess.
    Personally though, I don't really know why. But I found Gunblaze West more enjoyable than Shaman King. Maybe I just liked the western theme and the adventure aspect more than Shaman King essentially being a glorified tournament.
    GBW wasn't made by the same mangaka, it was made by Watsuki.

Are the scanlations of this series done yet?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

no, they are up to about chapter 233 out of 285 and they are released about weekly.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    How is it any less cliche than naruto, bleach or one piece? all of which you are a fan of...

I just dont understand why this series is so snubbed when it has alot of good elements going for it such as a good cast of characters, outside of the stereotypical anti-hero Ren, good powers with the spirits, a pretty good story that gets alot better once they get to the actual shaman fight. I would recommend it to anyone who likes shounen and if you think it is too "kiddy" continue to read past the beginning see when Takei really gets into his stride
    I'll surely finish reading it, probably when I'll get the last number.

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuzo
    GBW wasn't made by the same mangaka, it was made by Watsuki.

Are the scanlations of this series done yet?
    Oh really? My bad. I could've sworn it was the Shammy King Mangaka, oh well.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyuzo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I read about the first 8 volumes maybe, until Yoh was fighting the German chick or dude don't remember, had like a nurse spirit for fighting but I lost interest. I'll probably read it through from the beginning once the scanlations are done. I liked it.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Faust some... generation... maybe 4th?
    That's the German dude.
    I think it wasn't the best place to stop, since after that fight I believe you the rematch between Yoh and Ren, background stuff on Ren, and then basically the whole Tournament - which obviously introduces many new characters and Oversouls.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the series takes a long time to get into what it is really about. Once you know about all the characters and the tournament officially starts with the teams and stuff it is like volume 11 or 12. The series, apparently, isnt for everyone but i does have good stuff going for it.

New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast