Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

Poor Yohane, so soon forgotten. Can't wait to see Anna III's class introduction. And wasn't there a pyramid-headed guy in the Shaman Fight?

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member andysislands's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And Shaman King Flowers Chapter 7 is out by Mankin-Trad.

Here's an interesting point Alumi brought up.... She said that her father was Native American. Notice that she didn't say her mother, or "parents." So that's killing Rutherfor as the mother at this point. Otherwise it's a "transitional" chapter between the action. I'm sure the next chapter will up the ante.
    That huge Hiroyuki Takei fan, who's has been around for a long, long time....

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me that finds Alumi immediately very annoying? On the whole I stil haven't made up my find on Hana and Yohane either; I think I need to go back and read the first five chapters again.

Also, I assume it's going to make sense later on but right now I'm finding the good guys effortlessly over-powering all their opponents slightly jarring.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

This certainly was a strange chapter lol. Too much randomness involved although it all was reasonably fun.

To be honest I was quite disappointed by dakyo... I thought he would be stronger than what he showed, I expected his swordsmanship to be on par with amidamaru to some degree and be an actual rival. With his backstory it makes sense he is weaker than amidamaru however seeing the earlier chapters it would have seemed daukyo was something to be feared. I feel this chapter kinda ruined him a bit and made him more into a tokagero.... On the other hand, we got to see amidamaru being all badass for the first time in a while. Who did not miss that? Ever since the introduction of the oversoul amidamaru was reduced to a secundary supporting character even though he has a lot of knowledge and power himself.... his only signficant development in the past manga was his evolution into a seirei spirit (Not sure of the term right now). I wish we would see more of amidamaru every once in a while although understandably he is not a main character. I feel kinda sorry for daikyo though. He seems to have been born in the wrong time, someone meant to use a sword to fight. Conversely, he could have been just apeshit stupid and learned how to fight poorly in an outdated way.

I find it interesting that daikyo would want to learn from amidamaru... It seems a tad weird that ghosts can even learn stuff and become stronger that way. Of course, hana and yohane are supposed to fight at some point so such a training could be counterproductive.

On that new guy... well, at least he has an spirit which has forgetten his form so he should be reaonably powerful. I wonder if he is an asakura though.... I can't imagine yet another party here. Something about that ghost reminded me of that yohkyo though.

I do find it interesting that suddenly hana and yohane become friends even if that happened last chapter. I guess the issue is that the two of them were ultimately extremely lonely... It is a bit cruel that hana would scare yohane so much though. I don't think yohane would have screwed up as much as hana thinks overall.

As for illumi, she certainly seems to love the attention. Is it me or she suddenly looks a lot less like anna though? Even from last chapter she seems extremely different. I have to admit how I find it hilarious that illumi would completely screw yohane and hana in precisely 5 seconds though. He made yohane into a queer with an eyepatch and hana into a queer who likes big boobs and has a fiance.... Cold, unforgiving revenge(for the boob thing) lol, she might even be crueler than anna the second. Poor hana ....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny chapter, especially at the end. Doesn't look like she'll let the boob thing go anytime soon. Hope we get to see some more classroom fun. I'm actually enjoying how different Alumi and Yohane are from how Anna and Ren were.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I'm enjoying Shaman King Flowers, the main thing that's got me madly into it is Alumi's character design. Takei's design sense has been a bit... awry in recent series, so seeing him do something as simple and clever as what he's done with her just makes my day.

Well, that and she's super cool, that helps.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, for me alumi's design seems a tad strange. Hasn't it changed a decent bit over the chapters? Didn't she start out looking a tad more like anna? It seems like the author has relied of facegags to change her appearance without us noticing or something even if she was introduced rather recently.

On another note, I have to say I dislike how the manga deviated from the original one shot released years ago. In the one shot we had hao appearing early on and anna appearing in awesomeness to challenge hana to combat. What happened to dueling her for her hand? I was really expecting hana to win that fight only to realize that he got himself engaged.... Why hasn't men been introduced for that matter? Will he be changed from what he was in the one shot? At least I hope he is introduced different and not just some weird stuff through facegags or something lol. I wonder if manta will ever appear again lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And initial Chapter 8 spoilers are up on Patch Cafe!

Now for my thoughts...

Spoiler show

---------- Post added November 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was November 10, 2012 at 07:02 PM ----------

Dit has added her summery to the chapter 8 spoilers at Patch Cafe... so if you haven't read it since then.. you should go back and do so!

Also.... "Mankin Fanbook 2" to be included in the next Jump Kai issue. (From Shaman King Nation) December is going to be very busy then.... since we will do fanbooks (they just aren't nearly as fun to do!). Hopefully it's short!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this yahabe manga available anywhere? I have searched but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I go the title wrong...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mankin-Trad hasn't scanlated it yet.... Since it was just a random oneshot at the time, so why bother and push back other releases? Now that it matters... we are moving it up on our list. Sometime after Flowers 8 (which I'm going to start working on later today...).

Also was partly waiting for the English release... since that looked likely that Viz was going to license it (and they might stilll... but it might be combining the character into Flowers may have introduced contractual issues).

---------- Post added November 30, 2012 at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was November 15, 2012 at 02:03 PM ----------

And the cover of Mankin Fanbook 2 has been released! Also I included a small preview of Shaman King Flowers volume 2. Both image are included in the Chapter 9 spoiler post at Patch Cafe.

Spoiler: Full image of Mankin Fanbook 2 show

The comparison shot makes this look as big as the original Mankin Fanbook.... I don't think we have enough content for that yet.... But we shall see! (That Mankin Fanbook was 291 pages for reference) Also, not much of a fan of the cover... but it's to be expected of Takei at this point.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaman King Flowers chapter 10 scanlation is out! It's the action chapter. Some may even say the "plot twist" chapter! But lots of good stuff in there!

Also, there is a new Wonder Festival... so maybe more Shaman King figure news!? I think so. And Dit over at Patch-Cafe has already put up the first fan model, Yohane! We'll of course be on the lookout for any new details!

And in US manga sales news.... Shaman King Volume 19 has sold very well on Viz's digital store! Maybe since it's one of the best arcs? Hey, we'll take it! Maybe it's enough for Viz to reconsider getting KZB in a digital only format!?

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That was definitely a cool chapter. I never would have imagined that little hana would have been blasted via gun shot into 1000000 little pieces as a baby. Its a bit of a surprisingly dark turn.

I do wonder why hao would want to plant that power into hana though. We had never seen anything past the cho oni and now he is able to produce dark onis? I am kinda surprised yoh didn't run into those when he did his death training and fought the cho onis. I guess the dark onis are simply something different... I guess the other issue would be just "who" exactly is the personality that seems to take over hana when he releases the onis. Is it hao himself? Or is he some servant of hao's? It is also interesting that the very oni within hana is the one created by anna all those years back. i guess it is fitting. I wonder if we will ever see hana using amidamaru and cho oni in an oversoul. It would be very fitting in some ways, hana using his dad's main spirit and the oni birthed by his mom. In a way its like hana and cho oni are actual brothers. I guess cho oni is driven by actual brotherly love. Still, turning into a dark oni is weird, it does seem like the ability got out of hand.

The other thing which surprised me was that she was able to use yohane's oversoul just like that. Why would she be able to do that? Using an oversouls is a matter of imagination however that was still neither her spirit or medium. Perhaps it had something to do with daykyo being stone?

As for the core of that cart oversoul which yohane implied took over his sister.... I have a theory for it. What if it is actually an ancient branch house asakura? The ability to nullify fukuryo was if I recall taught in the cho senji ryaketsu. It would make sense a powerful shaman would become a powerful spirit so perhaps that was an old asakura who mastered at least elements of it and now is out to get the branch house alongside yohkyo. It would explain why it would take over her and try to kill hana even when a truce was reached.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta say, that dark oni looked awesome and I really hope we get to see it again in the future. Didn't think Luca was really being controlled, guess I should have expected that. Alumi coming to save the day was a surprise, and I can't wait to see what Hao is up to and why he brought Hana back to life.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast