Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

Ahh, just saw chapter 13. Cool chapter, I am surprised hana was able to summon ogres like that. It does seem like hana is unable to control the power, he is getting more vicious by the second. I was thinking that babilon guy might have something to do with ren but it does not seem to be the case. When are we getting a ren chapter? I want to see len, I feel like the author is cheating us here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see some Iron Maiden in love!
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, why was the chapter so short? It seemed like the author was fairly lazy with this one. Or maybe I didn't notice many pages were double spreads? I DEMAND LEN!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So Gakko is a free agent, interesting. Means good odds they'll become friends later. Hana does seem to be losing control the longer he uses his onis, Namahage explaining things were nice.

Spoiler:  Chp 14 show

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member andysislands's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    BTW, why was the chapter so short? It seemed like the author was fairly lazy with this one. Or maybe I didn't notice many pages were double spreads? I DEMAND LEN!
    If it's similar to what his Jumbor contract is... Takei only needs to draw 10-11 chapters a year (page count-wise). So throughout the year, he'll either take a break for a chapter, or cut the page count down on two chapters to average it out. Of course he seems to be using this time for other manga-related things... so it's not like he's really on break.

I don't think Ren is going to show up for a while. Once Hana starts forming the "team," I can foresee Ren back into the story as more of the "dissenter" against Hao. I bet Lyserg is with him too.

Also, Shaman King Flowers Chapter 14 scanlation is now out in English. Yup, got this one out a bit faster than the last couple of chapters. Gives me more time to work on Jumbor (and other projects)!
    That huge Hiroyuki Takei fan, who's has been around for a long, long time....

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved the chapter.

There are two things worth commenting: The first is that the plot was finally revealed and it makes perfect sense. Before this manga started I did wonder what happened to the previous gods however I never imagined they would have a say in what is going on now. I guessed they would remain in the great spirit and probably have a high standing but if such a thing is happening now then it means the previous shaman kings are keeping their power to a great degree. If anything they are merely conceding their throne to the next one more than anything.

I do wonder why did everyone chose to fight for hao though. I guess hao did choose them but why exactly would they agree? Hao gave them hell, he is an ass and he has the world by its throat as far as everyone is concerned. My guess is that everyone must have thought hao loosing would be the lesser of alternative evils. Perhaps he bargained that if he did not destroy the world they would fight for him?

As for the previous shaman king, I never thought of thinking about him as the guy who created the capitalist world.... Its a good concept, I hope the manga gives him a lot of emphasis. He must have hated hao from the previous tournament so it makes a lot of sense. I wonder if the other gods will be people we know. The original manga made the point that they were people of extreme importance and perhaps were linked to religion so logically they should be related to important religious figures somehow.

And finally we got men tao! I have been waiting for him to appear for a while. Can't wait to see him beat the crap of horohoro's clone.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter. I love the explanation for the Flower of Maize and it's a wonderful extension to what came before. I didn't even think about the previous gods, much less that they could have still been around. And it's pretty fitting that they would likely disagree with Hao, given his personality and such. And I love that Men Tao has finally appeared. I wonder if there will be any others joining Hao's team, or will it stick with the standard five/six members. Was also interesting to see that Hana and Alumi met before, as it seemed like Hana had no idea who she was in their first meeting.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, seeing the chapters it does seem like hana has had a number of memories removed. I wonder how many more there are in the end.

This chapter also explains a bit why hao could not just revive hana and co. There were gods of power equal to his own stopping him. I do wonder what exactly would be the requirement to revive someone when the other gods disagree with you. Perhaps the oni had something to do with that? I can't imagine why the oni would help though, it seems to be extremely dangerous. If it can grow stronger than a god as said earlier then perhaps it is an underhanded method to win the FOM? It does not quite add up though. Or perhaps since the oni were so dangerous there was nothing the other gods could do to stop hao? Basically hao added a power comparable to that of a god to hana so that it would be their combined might that revives everyone instead of just hao's power against that of the minimum of 3 gods trying to stop them.

Something I have been thinking is that not all gods could possibly be against hao. Well, they could but it would be an inconvenient scenario. Each god will have his teams for the FOM but I think the next aspect to be revealed will be exactly which gods and teams are allies to hao and which are enemies to hao. At least the previous 2 shaman kings will be enemies altogether considering hao would have fought them and hao would have still been an asshole back then. On the other hand the earlier gods might be a tad warmer to hao, after all the end of the previous manga was not about defeating hao but making him into a good king so to speak.

Something which I do find a tad strange now is why exactly it would be hana and a bunch of kids to fight the flower of maize. The manga before had capable adults but in the end they were way weaker than the kids. Mikihisa had something like 40000 fukuryu and en tao had something along the range of 10000 which is but a fraction of what the kids had. Of course there is a range in which the amount of fukuryo is more decisive than skill (yoh could probably fight with chocolove even if the guy had twice his power but yoh would have never stood a chance against hao's 1250000) however that still does not explain why send the kids. Hana is without a doubt more talented that yoh (he already has an armor style oversoul and at that age yoh barely had the spirit possession down) but yoh should be by now a shaman who has achieved his full potential. The earlier manga has made the point that reaching your full potential is something like a negative thing considering it implies you can't grow stronger but its not like yoh is just some guy with a little power. Yoh has the spirit of earth with him (as far as we know) and having at least twice since hao became king (when hao became king and the gang fought him and recently when hana also died) he should have become a number of times stronger. Is the bet of hana becoming stronger than yoh worth not sending yoh himself? Of course there would be the others who are quite powerful at least. I guess that contrary to yoh hana could reach the level of a godlike shaman (500000 furyuku) contrary to yoh who seemed to barely make it to 110000 before. Men should also be easily able to reach that potential considering his heritage.

---------- Post added September 04, 2013 at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was August 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM ----------

Thinking about it, the situation with hao giving oni's to hana is extremely weird on many angles... Not only it is extremely powerful but also it seems to be some sort of cheating in the tournament. My guess is that adding the oni to hana's powers somehow allowed the lot of them to be revived however odds are hao also intended for the oni's to be of use during the tournament. They are presumably stronger than a god if we trust what was said earlier however I can't imagine how hao would get his hands on something more powerful than himself and why would it be ok to just unleash that upon other god teams. Anyways, setting that aside there is even a more disturbing thing to consider here. What if the other gods have gone ahead and done similar stuff? For instance, whatever was inside the cart that girl uses... It could be the answer to the oni or perhaps the oni was an answer to it....

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 16 raw is out

is Tao Men have 2 personality ? i mean he let them hit him and smile like Iron Maiden smile(you know when she forgave someone) then when Bason attack he become like Ren Tao hahahahaha

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

I just had another thought, what if the other reason the previous god disagrees with hao and wants him out is to protect the world he created? Hao hates the world as it is now, he wanted a more natural world which took care of earth. In turn turn the previous god is the one that created the capitalist system of today... So perhaps the issue is that he wants to maintain the world as it is today. Perhaps it is to protect the work they did for 500 years that there is a FOM more than merely disagreeing with someone. It would be an entirely different take on what the manga has shown of humanity so far.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 17 Raw

hahahah what a funny chapter

Tao Men just tortured Yohane hahahahah

and is Tao Men have boners for strong people? (there is a page where Horo-Horo? , Ren Tao , Lyserg and Chocolove is shown woah )

i didn't get what was the last page Hao with a younger Yoh?

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member andysislands's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    and is Tao Men have boners for strong people? (there is a page where Horo-Horo? , Ren Tao , Lyserg and Chocolove is shown woah )

i didn't get what was the last page Hao with a younger Yoh?
    You can read Dit's spoilers on Patch Cafe which gives a summary of the chapter.

Also, I haven't found information either way yet... but next chapter will probably have color pages. Since they always have color pages to start a new volume (that comes out the same day as the new volume release). Also, probably on the cover as well because..
    Spoiler show
    That huge Hiroyuki Takei fan, who's has been around for a long, long time....

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shama..._flowers/c017/

Chapter 17 is out.

I must say Tao Ren son? or daughter is strong as hell for his or her age. Apparently hana met with him when he was a baby. I guess that hatred for him being leader comes from Ren's rivalry with Yoh when they were teens. So I'm guessing his mother is the maiden which is interesting. For a 7 year old he's a little too over powered. Maybe it's just me. I wonder what Hao plans to do here with Hana. Maybe he's trying to power him up. But if Hana can be the Yoh that fought Hao at the end of Shaman King at his current level then he's definitely more talented. I'm not sure what God is truly thinking.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this chapter was a surprise. I am also surprised at just how overwhelmingly powerful tao men seems to be. He is handling 2 oversouls at the same time, one with a god class spirit and another apparently being an armor style one. I don't think we had seen before something like this. She sheer amount of spirit energy tao men must have is quite considerable. I don't think he reaches god levels of it yet however it has to be a considerably high number.... Even that guy from the angels team could not use a god class spirit for more than seconds.... He had a respectable 10000 or so so for men to be able to use 2 oversouls at the same time he should have at a bare minimum multiple times that. If I recall yoken also used a god class spirit and his energy was just about 50000 so perhaps we can assume men is somewhere in that league at least.

Anyways, I am really curious about what exactly is going on with len and jeane. What could require them to need saving by men? Perhaps they were cursed by another god? I mean, men right now is being solely motivated to win the flower of maize and the onis inside hana seem to be powerful enough to even scare of gods. The only thing I could image is that len and jeane were offered a position in another team, declined and as a result were cursed. It would explain why winning the flower of maize would save them as hao would have the power to do so. The onis would help as they would be able to face other gods.

One thing I do find weird about the latest chapters is that gods seem to be kinda cheating here. We have seen them stop time, we have seen hao revive people... Perhaps each god can choose how to help their team but can only do so a limited number of times? So YVS can stop time a limited number of times and hao can revive people a few times. Of course if that is the case then perhaps hana is using up their remaining favors so to speak before the tournament even begins. It would be a funny scenario....

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

That said, I wonder what len's spirit is nowadays. Men took bason and shamash so perhaps len took after his dad's spirits? It would kinda suit what we have seen before and I can imagine len doing a pretty badass armor oversoul with those guys. The only issue would be that they are just human spirits rather than nature spirits so they would be inferior to bason... Although perhaps since he has the sword which purified spirits it won't be that huge an issue. Or perhaps he just kept the spirit of lightning considering yoh did appear to have the spirit of earth in a flashback.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Ahh, another thing, men did name the oni hana was using. He called it daidara which can be pretty damn significant. If it is THE deidara-bochi.... Well, I have little idea of what the significance and implication of its power could be since I have not found much information on it other than it being a being of huge proportions that could shape the world with its steps. Why would hao it is smart to put this in hana? Could it really fight a god?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 18 raw is out

looks like Hana got pawned
    Last edited by kidopitz27; October 11, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

New Reply
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast