Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like to see another Chuunin exam? <3

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Alexis's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you like to see another Chuunin exam? <3

Shikamaru mentioned that he is going to be a judge at the upcoming Chuunin exam. I think this might be the one that Konohamaru and his friends are going to be in. Do you guys think we're going to see it, and have some new characters introduced into the story, or is Kishimoto going to skip it? And if it won't be shown, do you think it would have been interesting to see it?

He seems to skip a lot of things, like showing us most of the other nations and their shinobi, so I wouldn't be surprised. But given the almost rediculous boost in strength Konoha seemed to have gotten only thanks to the graduate class of Naruto's age group, a new Chuunin exam should technically be equally important to Konoha's growth. (But of course, it probably won't be, and Naruto's age group will keep on acting as the only relevant shinobi age group in Konoha for years to come.)

Naruto could also participate in this Chuunin exam, since he is still a Genin.
    Last edited by Alexis; January 08, 2008 at 10:51 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would you like to see another Chuunin exam?

nah he wont show us,

and the story on such an intense level that it would be bad to let that intensity sink just for some exam we have seen already. its not like the bodukai, an integral part to present fights.
    in naruto the death battles (as later with the saiyans) are the way to show the fighting.
    Naruto has already reached that level. and it wont go back.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nahkampfbiber's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems that the chuunin exams are different every year... So it would be somewhat new, but i agree, it would be kinda lame to see a bunch of genin fighting when we've already seen more than half of Akatsuki going down.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, a short chuunin exam could be interesting :
    to see if Naruto really got smarter (with a non-Ibiki paper exam)
    to see Naruto's improved leadership abilities (in making him lead a team of noobs (like Chouj Ino after Shika passed) in the forest of death without doing any fighting himself)
    to see if is currently hyped (undefeated 3 years ago and didn't bother to take the exam since then because he was solo training with a SANNIN, buddy and savior of the Kazekage and hokage, Kyuubi, the one who killed Pein (remember the Rain village sends Genin in the exam !) or not and how it changed from before the timeskip (when no one gave a fuck about him. Now, the high ranked ninja from Konoha and Sand respect him, but what about the populace. Would they go crazy to see him fight like they were for Sasuke ?)

But yeah, the fighting would be boring and I don't want to see preliminaries and final rounds, or only a few panels. It could make a decent 4-5 chapters mini-arc. Maybe it would the occasion to set up this Naruto x Konohamaru (who will let Naruto become Hokage first) as well and show one or two secret clan techniques / KG from Konoha to show that Konoha is not limited to what we know of it.
    Last edited by Rahan; January 08, 2008 at 03:44 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Windmillblade's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there will be another one. And he will be the team captain of Konohamaru and his friends. And there konohamaru will show naruto what he can do too. It could be cool but at the same time there will have to be a side story because no one in the genin category can even touch naruto at this point.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

nope. naruto will be the first person in history to be promoted from genin to hokage.

meh just a speculation.. but i wont be surprised if it did ever come true

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    nope. naruto will be the first person in history to be promoted from genin to hokage.

meh just a speculation.. but i wont be surprised if it did ever come true
    i think gaara was

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gfire2 View Post
    i think gaara was
    well we havent exactly seen what happened in the "two and half years" He could possibly been hokage. Or went from chuunin, jounin, and hokage

Neji couldve been to jounin from genin. But then again we dont EXACTLY know.. so we cant assume in this case. So we don't know for sure

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mestizo311's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Chunnin Exams are done with. Naruto would own every genin in there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OhDearMoshe's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

As said before, Naruto is too overpowered to enter himself and it will have no real place in the story at the moment. I predict the most we shall see mentioned is that Konohamaru will have a little dialogue explaining that he has passed the exams if any mention to them at all. Naruto will most likely just be promoted or become hokage from Genin level.

Spoiler: Jehuty's words of wisdom show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrcongojack's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    Shikamaru mentioned that he is going to be a judge at the upcoming Chuunin exam. I think this might be the one that Konohamaru and his friends are going to be in. Do you guys think we're going to see it, and have some new characters introduced into the story, or is Kishimoto going to skip it? And if it won't be shown, do you think it would have been interesting to see it?

He seems to skip a lot of things, like showing us most of the other nations and their shinobi, so I wouldn't be surprised. But given the almost rediculous boost in strength Konoha seemed to have gotten only thanks to the graduate class of Naruto's age group, a new Chuunin exam should technically be equally important to Konoha's growth. (But of course, it probably won't be, and Naruto's age group will keep on acting as the only relevant shinobi age group in Konoha for years to come.)

Naruto could also participate in this Chuunin exam, since he is still a Genin.
    Unfortunately, the Chunin exams which Shikamaru had to help with have been done for over 70 chapters.
    Spoiler show

I don't think we'll see Naruto take the Exam again. I think he'll just get a field promotion or something.
    Last edited by mrcongojack; January 08, 2008 at 06:13 PM.
    Everyone who was on this board when I signed up has either been banned or left.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it is doubtful that there will be another chuunin exam. maybe tsunade will just promote naruto to chuunin because she feels like it if there is another exam, i'm sure it will be a very shortened version. anyway, i am more interested in finding out how one becomes a jounin. since we don't know how that works yet, we may see naruto's journey to jounin instead. the direct promotion to hokage could also be possible, but somehow i have the feeling that isn't going to happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there will be an other chuunin exam and Naruto will participate and there will even be some opponent who he can't defeat easily. It's the mega-genin from the rain village: Pain. And that was planed from the beginning and is the reason why Naruto wasn't promoted at all until now.
    Nah just joking but I could imagine that we will see Naruto as the teacher of a three man team (Konohamaru and co. maybe) and that they take the chuunin exam.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto in Chuunin exams would end badly in the forest of death.

Ibiki "Naruto your here in record time."
    300 Naruto come pouring in bearing scrolls.
    Naruto "Yeah sorry it took so long, but some of them actually lasted more then a few seconds"
    Ibiki "So where are your team mates?"
    Naruto "Oooops....."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bradhimself's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Plot twist: It Happens again in the land of sand and Naruto loses to Konohamaru.... *sent from 6 years in the future*
    You can't end a good party without someone on the floor.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast