Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The tora-chan thread

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hatsuharupeace's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The tora-chan thread

Hey tora-chan, long time no talk!!!

How's life and school lately?? Been reading any new manga series??

mousou mashiin 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kaylee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tora-chan View Post
    KSL hasn't been scanlated a lot But I believe someone scanned her doujinshi "Kin'iro no Rasen".. That's very cute too <3
    Oh, that was a cute story! Thanks for the recommendation and for the link to Arigatomina's site... I actually didn't have most of the doujinshi she's scanlated.

Quote Quote:
    10-RANKAI's getting better and better If you want, I can send you my Kizu translation
    Yes, please! I only found a raw, so it was kinda hard to follow.

Quote Quote:
    "and we..." is really great <3 Their feelings and reactions are so realistic..
    I know, that's exactly the impression I got from it too. Even without the translation, that doujinshi is probably one of my favorites. <333

Quote Quote:
    Speaking of theme songs.. Did you know the latest Shippuuden DVD (#7) includes as a bonus a special DVD with a longer version of the high school AU story shown as 2nd ED? :3 It's a picture drama, that is images with dubbed text, and I've read on some blogs (KSL and 10-RANKAI ) that it's totally NaruSasuNaru I should be getting it in (hopefully) a few days, then I guess I'll rip it and spam it around <3
    No, I did not know that, but OMG I want it!!! Actually, I've wanted that full story (without knowing whether it existed or not) since the first time I saw that ED. That ED is pure love, and by far my favorite. I tried looking on Tokyotosho for it, but couldn't find anything. Has that DVD even been released yet? But, yes, please please spam it around if you feel like ripping it. I'm sure a lot of people in the theater & arcade section would love it! <3

Quote Quote:
    I surely will! Unfortunately I've also noticed it can be quite hard to find doujinshi with decent translations..
    Yeah, I've noticed that too, but I've come to expect it, so it doesn't really bother me too much (don't know if that's a good thing though). But as long as I can get a general idea of what's going on, then I just fix the english myself in my head.

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tora-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hatsuharupeace View Post
    Hey tora-chan, long time no talk!!!

How's life and school lately?? Been reading any new manga series??
    Hiya!
    I'll skip the "life" part, it's such a mess lately, ugh At least university's going fine, I've been getting quite a few high grades, kukuku
    How's it going for you?

Hmm recently I've read 2 manga... One is a seinen called "EMBRYO", by Koushin Ogawa. I was asked to estimate for a translation, so I read it, though eventually I didn't get the job. Well.. in the end it wasn't so bad for an horror-style manga about insects XD; I guess one day I'll read the other 2 volumes just for the heck of it..
    Then I read a totally random manga called "Seigi no Susume" by Tamaki Kirishima. It's part of my "read the manga you have in your library to check what you can resell" quest. Kirishima usually draws yaoi manga, but this one isn't. It's made of a few detective stories, with lots of gag, but it's nothing particularly impressing. Will resell XD;

I've also finished to read Ookiku Furikabutte vol. 3. Apart from these, I haven't read anything else I need to start translating more stuff! XD

Quote Originally Posted by kaylee View Post
    Oh, that was a cute story! Thanks for the recommendation and for the link to Arigatomina's site... I actually didn't have most of the doujinshi she's scanlated.
    Yeah, indeed NaruSasu (and minor SasuNaru) circles aren't that widespread.. ~_~ I hope I'll be able to contribute some unpublished stuff too in the near future!

Quote Quote:
    Yes, please! I only found a raw, so it was kinda hard to follow.
    I'm sending you the link to the html version via PM It's not easy to grasp without reading, so I think the translation adds a lot I especially loved the "kiss" part

Quote Quote:
    No, I did not know that, but OMG I want it!!! Actually, I've wanted that full story (without knowing whether it existed or not) since the first time I saw that ED. That ED is pure love, and by far my favorite. I tried looking on Tokyotosho for it, but couldn't find anything. Has that DVD even been released yet? But, yes, please please spam it around if you feel like ripping it. I'm sure a lot of people in the theater & arcade section would love it! <3
    Yeah, the DVD has been out for some weeks, but apparently no one has released it yet.. I'm waiting for Amazon Jp to ship my copy >_< For some reason unknown to me my credit card was rejected on Monday (actually it's not the first time it happens, that card can be quite random at times, grrrr), so they had to delay the shipping and in the meanwhile they ran out of copies.. -_- I'll rip it and translate it as soon as I get my hands on it ==v
    And by the way, it's interesting that they decided to do this XD I guess that ED got super popular in Japan.. But yeah, I've seen at least 5 circles drawing doujinshi inspired by it, not to mention the countless fanarts, so I guess something was to be expected.. I hope they'll keep up with this~ XD It appears this DVD sold a lot... As I said, even Amazon was running low on copies..

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, I've noticed that too, but I've come to expect it, so it doesn't really bother me too much (don't know if that's a good thing though). But as long as I can get a general idea of what's going on, then I just fix the english myself in my head.
    I also tend to fix what I read XD; Though obviously my English still has a long way to go... But I wish people was more serious with translations I mean, it's great that lots of people are willing to release this kind of stuff for free so that fans may enjoy etc., buutttt~~ I'm way too picky for my own good x_x
    Last edited by tora-chan; February 20, 2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wanna read my databook translations? Click here!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Emily00's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey tora-chan, I'm still a slightly new japanese student here (just finished JPN102 at my college). I'm just now starting to learn kanji and right now I know only about 12 :P but I'm working on it.. I've been reading raw manga and some older "raw japanese" manga I own IRL to try to help my skills, so far its helped a little bit, mostly with my reading speed and stuff like that since my vocab. is still pretty bad. I've actually gone through some raws and done attempted translations of parts using jisho.org and wakan, but my biggest problem is figuring out the "sentence" or I guess like putting it all together into an intelligible form or something. >_<

Have any tips for a newbie on anything? Also how long do you think it would take to get up to a level to be able to take JLPT 4? I'm hoping maybe sometime in 2009 maybe I can get to the point of taking it.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emily00 View Post
    Hey tora-chan, I'm still a slightly new japanese student here (just finished JPN102 at my college). I'm just now starting to learn kanji and right now I know only about 12 :P but I'm working on it.. I've been reading raw manga and some older "raw japanese" manga I own IRL to try to help my skills, so far its helped a little bit, mostly with my reading speed and stuff like that since my vocab. is still pretty bad. I've actually gone through some raws and done attempted translations of parts using jisho.org and wakan, but my biggest problem is figuring out the "sentence" or I guess like putting it all together into an intelligible form or something. >_<

Have any tips for a newbie on anything? Also how long do you think it would take to get up to a level to be able to take JLPT 4? I'm hoping maybe sometime in 2009 maybe I can get to the point of taking it.
    Hiya! Sorry for the late reply! ><

Let's see.. I've never taken JLPT 4, but it should be quite easy. If you look at the article on Wikipedia it says it requires the knowledge of about 100 kanji and 800 words. It looks like a lot of stuff if you've just started, but I assure you it's not that much! XD If you study a bit, I think you could even try it this winter

As for translating, don't worry, it's not an easy thing, it's understandable that you still have problems. Judging by your level, I think the best thing to do would be to study Japanese grammar (try jgram.org too! They also have a section about JLPT ^^) and to keep on reading raw manga. Reading manga really helps *a lot*, I used to do it very often and I've learnt many words and kanji that way Of course you should try reading manga that have furigana, because you're not going to look for every single word you don't understand... Even if you don't understand what you're reading, doing it will help your brain get used to the sound of Japanese and the flow of speeches, sentences etc

I'm sure when you'll have a greater knowledge of the grammar you'll see that translating becomes easier, or well, less impossible! XD By the way, I don't know if you've heard about it, but try rikai.com too, it's very helpful to read Japanese websites, since there's no furigana on them

I hope I gave you some decent tips, though in this moment I believe the best thing for you is to keep on studying and practising as often as you can. You'll understand the rest with time

mousou mashiin 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kaylee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say congrats on getting your scanlation site up, and great work on your first project! (Good choice too -- it was hilarious!)

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you~! :3

We wanted to release more stuff, but March has been surprisingly busy for me x_x Hopefully we'll be able to finish 2 other doujinshi within April... >_<

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, happy birthday tora-chan!!! Hope you have a great day!!!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep happy B-day indeed !!! Hope you have a great day
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: The tora-chan thread

Thank you~~~

I hope I'll have a... normal day. That alone would be great~

Kisses

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Normal day??? Why just a normal day??

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Because where I currently live I have no RL friends, so I wouldn't be able to do much anyway~ There aren't places I would like to go to either... I'll just stay home and relax And do the laundry And translate/edit/draw/write something Hmmm I think I'm unable to just relax and do nothing... XDDD

Anyway, I will be seeing some friends on Friday, so I guess I'll celebrate then~ We'll go see this expo in my hometown, it's very interesting :3
    (In fact I'm kind of.. happy that we have no JUMP this week, because I definitely won't have time to translate Naruto )

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh, International Arts expo, sounds good. Lol, are you gonna be celebrating Golden Week as well??

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahah not intentionally, but the days I'm going away do actually concide with the days of Golden Week, so in a sense you could say I do~ XD;

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner d4v1d_su's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ow, Tora-chan is having b-day today.
    Happy Birthday Tora-chan. Are you having party today ?

Btw. why did you choose tora-chan as your nickname ?
    Do you have a wild personality like a tiger? roarrr~ roarr ~
    Or perhaps you are tame like a cat (well, still a family of tiger (little tiger a.k.a. Tiger-chan))? nyaa~ nyaa~
    j/k
    Last edited by d4v1d_su; April 28, 2008 at 09:25 AM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast