Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shamo by Tanaka Akio

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shamo by Tanaka Akio

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Would have been hard to follow their development otherwise IMO. Anyhow don't want to see the fight stretch through the next volume with only a couple of minutes left for the fight, the plot got to progress at some point, even if it concludes the story.
    I'd like to see Naoto and his girlfriend again. they must be watching the fight,to see what ryu's destiny will be. I really can't predict who will win this fight...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started this manga. I'm on chapter 94 now and I really like it. It's weird though. I'm currently in the fight between Ryo and Naota. Naota is such a good guy. He took care of his paralyzed father and he wants to avenge Moemi's rape. But why the hell do I want him to lose to Ryo who murdered his parents, has beaten dozens of people half to death, and raped Moemi simply to goad Naota into a fight? He's a monster. It's so odd, but I want Ryo to win.

Ryo is one of the most interesting protagonists I have come across. His character actually appeals to me more than the fighting aspect of the manga does. I can only remember one other manga with a main character who is such a bad person and that is Usamaru Furuya's adaptation of 'No Longer Human'. I think going with a "villain protagonist" is a bold move from the author/s. It's risky to have a serialization with a main character that is so hard to like. But maybe he isn't so unlikeable after all? I'm routing for him. But why? This is very odd to me. Like I said, I've only come across one other manga like this. I think that's why I am liking it so much. It's a very different reading experience for me.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

this manga is the strange one,you want him to win because otherwise this awesome manga would end,probably

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Gorgias's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

btw: We can expect the new volume soon - it's pronounced in the last one for this month.

Pls post if you know s.th. or found the volume somewhere. (:

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ganner_Rhysode's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to see other fellow readers from Germany still reading the manga (after it got cancelled infamously, all these years ago... ).
    Actually Vol 28 is out in Japan since the 23rd August. A friend of mine was visiting Japan just a week before and bought it for me. The only problem is that he currently studies in Korea. But I'm expecting the package every day, now. I could at least give you guys a summary of it when it arrives. (I don't speak Japanese, though, so it will only be a limited on-the-pictures-based summary )

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgias View Post
    btw: We can expect the new volume soon - it's pronounced in the last one for this month.

Pls post if you know s.th. or found the volume somewhere. (:
    actually the previous volume came out just some months ago,although still in japanese. so maybe it's gonna come out in english,nothing more...

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Shamo vol 27 was scanlated 4 months ago from wildfangproject... In English! Every major reading-site has it by now...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Gorgias's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

e.g. http://view.thespectrum.net/series/shamo-volume-27.html

If Volume 28 is already released - even better!

The german Shamo-edition has a sad story - "bad sales". Maybe a rerelease would be worth a try after manga in general became much popular the last years. But reading Shamo without understanding the japanese text won't be that depressing: Imho the pictures generally transport the most content independent of the text.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ganner_Rhysode View Post
    Shamo vol 27 was scanlated 4 months ago from wildfangproject... In English! Every major reading-site has it by now...
    hence can someone post it? I really can't find it....

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ mattialdivino:

Just one post above you...
    You guys here don't seem to read the posts of other people here, eh? XP

---------- Post added September 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was September 12, 2012 at 03:59 AM ----------

Okay, the package was delivered to town... But is currently impounded by customs... -.- I will go by the customs-office tomorrow, snatch it up, finally and tell you what's the news on the story. If there's time, I will even upload some pictures of the (obviously) most important things happening and so on... So, stay tuned, and by the same time tomorrow I should bring you the newest stuff!

---------- Post added September 17, 2012 at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was September 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM ----------

Okay guys, here it is. And it is the MOTHERLOAD of "shit hitting the fan" - good AND bad:
    I will try to sum up all the things happening to my best knowledge and the best I can.
    I again tell you, explicitly, that I am NOT fluent in Japanese, so this summary is purely picture-based.
    Here we go.

Spoiler show

So, that's it, my lengthy, but pretty thorough sumarry of the volume. A LOOOT of shit happens in this one, believe me. And still, I am very displeased that the fight between Toma and Ryu ends so quickly and doesn't seem to have ANY EPILOGUE or consequences... But hopefully, there's more behind it in the following volumes.
    Now, I will probably upload some pictures soon. Stay focussed ;P

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I read this volume the other day, I thought it was pretty good. The author seems to have decided to settle the fight and the arc as "essentially unresolved". And a lotta stuff changing. I'll be interested to see where it goes next. Definitely a dark turn for an already dark manga.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, the raw volume of Shamo #28 is out... Wanted to give you the heads-up!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Volume 28 has been scanlated by Illuminati Manga.

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone got any info on the next volume?

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

From Volume 28

Which translates as 4th of February, right? Or is it 2nd April... Somebody speaking Japanese, here? XD

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast