Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: if someone's gonna die, who will it be?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

if someone's gonna die, who will it be?

i guess someday some one or two of the characters are gonna die. so who would it be?

i think maybe kenpachi is gonna die in this battle...but i so hope for ultimate pwnge

or Inoue and so be something to Ichigo like Kotori was to Kamui,

maybe Rukia?

i don't think chad is gonna die, he isn't as important that his death might come of as devastating, but rather evolve someday (hopefully or you can call him the next yamchu...)

maybe grimmjaw? Q comes out of the cube and kills him with one hit. i think this is likely
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: if someone's gonna die, who will it be?

Well, even though Kenpachi has been stabbed through the chest right now, with Orihime present I doubt there is any wound that is beyond her capabilities. She reconstituted Grimm's arm from nothing; I wouldn't be surprised if she tried hard enough that she could resurrect the dead. Unless Orihime is killed off or Kubo decides to keep her ignorant of the true scope of her powers, I doubt anyone on the heroes' side will die in HM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I doubt anyone on the heroes' side will die in HM.
    i mean generally in the whole manga
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member decadencia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well seeing the type of manga this is i doubt anyone dies. no one dies in shonen LOL you can always bring back to life... somehow... but i really do hope someone dies *cough* toshiro *cough* some big character would be nice....

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The main problem to kill someone in bleach is Orihime Inoue, sure she can bring back the dead one, like she did to the two bodyguards in the tunnel after Ulquiorra showed up(forgot the tunnel's name...), but would be cool if Orihime was the first person to die in bleach, certainly would be sad, but then we will have a crazy plot twistin the story

so, Orihime dead = best and perfect movement from Kubo, trust me...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dreamzsai's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, it's either Noitora or Kenpachi right? And seeing how good guys can never die in Bleach, it has to be Noitora. =/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patedecarne View Post
    The main problem to kill someone in bleach is Orihime Inoue, sure she can bring back the dead one, like she did to the two bodyguards in the tunnel after Ulquiorra showed up(forgot the tunnel's name...), but would be cool if Orihime was the first person to die in bleach, certainly would be sad, but then we will have a crazy plot twistin the story

so, Orihime dead = best and perfect movement from Kubo, trust me...
    I agree. With Orihime around, none of the characters on the side of good are in danger of dying and staying dead, since she could reject fate and bring anyone back to life. Orihime is the most logical choice to die; either that or find some way to limit or remove her powers to help return the fear of death for the reader.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

most likely its going to be orihime. She's the one thats involved with the hougyoku and possibly with the whole idea of reversing the hougyoku from being created she could be in jeopardy of getting killed so most likely ill say orihime. Grimmjow could possibly be the next one killed but i dont necessarily count him as a good guy. Just a kool person thats going to die

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    well seeing the type of manga this is i doubt anyone dies. no one dies in shonen LOL you can always bring back to life... somehow...
    well the lead characters never die, or come back one way or the other ~cough~ DB ~cough~

but in naruto Azuma and Jiraya were offed, so some side characters might step down too.

Orihime would be the best choice, this would be such a sweet Kamui-Kotori situation again.
    and it would give Bleach some serious depth.
    Oblivion@Deviantart

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not very common to kill main characters, except by Final Fantasy 7(Aerith) and I really could see some resemblance between Aerith and Orihime: both of them are kind persons, doesn't like to fight, doesn't even hurt a single person and really doesn't deserve to die and care very much about the main character, and in both cases, could be the perfect match to the main characters, and in FF 7, when Aerith died, half of the world wanted kill Sephiroth, and the other half was shocked with that crazy plot twist

Now let's think what if Aizen kills Orihime: I foresee the third world war coming to Aizen, and Bleach will become a serious and sad story... would be a good thing

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Orihime's death is the only solution to her ridiculous, plot-bending ability.

One of the few things Bleach had going for it after SS was the death factor. When people died, they didn't come back in some convenient way. Sure, Kubo's compensated by making everyone cyborgs--able to fight at, and above, 100%, no matter how hurt they are--but at least it wasn't explicitly written into the plot. And you see that kind of thing all the time. Hajime no Ippo is a great example of that approach done right.

But now, we know Orihime can reject the sheer existence of anything at her feet , making the quaint little idea of permanent death--or REAL death--a distant memory.

I don't get why mangaka, or authors in general, write ressurrection crap into their stories like this. It almost NEVER works, because it's way too machinaic to be plausible most of the time. But here, Kubo went a step further, and did it in the worst possible way--with no limits and no restrictions. Orihime doesn't lose part of her own life, or only get to do it once or twice, or anything like that. There's no sacrifice. As long as she's around, no one has to worry, and there's no genuine dramatic tension.

Kubo making her a "Get Out Of Hell" card ruined her character for me.

She's gotta go. Not only would that up the stakes again, a genuine death would show Ichigo he can't save everyone, no matter how strong he gets or how much he wants to. The story would be a lot better without her.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only plausible way I can see letting Orihime live is if her "god-like" powers relate somehow to the spirit king and maybe she ends up having to live in the spirit king's dimension or something. She is just too powerful. There is another character with the same powers, Hachi of the vizards, but at least with him being a vizard, I doubt that he will be intervening too much in coming to the aid of every character.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

well all we can see now is that shes in aizens palm and she cant do much since he doesnt even have to lift a single finger cuz his espadas would just take action to retrieve her back. I dont see other than orihime dying to unlock ichigos true power and just blast away everybody else since anybody else dead ..... i dont see happening unless its like a full frontal war where we have a COUPLE of people dying but if its just one i say orihime

side not - dreamzsai where did u get ur sig from? that kicks ass and .... did it actually happen at one point ?

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If You Could Kill Off Any Good Guy In Bleach......

Ok so a lot of people here I notice really would love to see Kubo have one of the good guys get killed off or die for once. If you had the choice, who would you like to see go? Here you can discuss your thoughts on this as well as explain your thoughts on who would be a reasonable character to have killed off in this manga.

Ok so to start things off two characters I could easily see being killed off are Yama or Ukitake. Ukitake has his Tuberculosis to worry about and as well currently has a giant gaping hole in his chest. lol. I could see this factors leading to his death in some ways down the road. Yama has the age factor, he is very old and has lived for such a long time so you figure his times gotta be up at some point. I could see him dying in battle against Aizen.

Quote Quote:
    Anywho just to reiterate you could post who you would like to kill off in bleach for personal reasons (like akiyama, lol) as well as discuss who you think would die based on the current storyline and what type of effect that characters death would have on it (like Zatono did). Either approach works here.
    Last edited by Arrogance; September 05, 2009 at 11:25 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If You Could Kill Off Any Good Guy In Bleach......

Meh, Yama dying is to easy to predict though. I'd rather it be someone unexpected, like Rukia. She needs to die. Not extremely useful, and the only way she's gonna get stronger is by getting bankai, which is way out of line if she does.

Her death will also be pretty significant to the following people: Ichigo, Byakuya, Renji, Ukitake, and maybe even Ishida, Chad, and Orihime.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast