Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: if someone's gonna die, who will it be?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If You Could Kill Off Any Good Guy In Bleach......

Let's see... my list for the great character purge is, more or less.

Lower Ranks:
    Those two under Ukitake
    Yumichika
    The lower ranked 4th division people save Hanatarou

Vice Captains:
    Iba
    1st division VC
    Kira
    Isane
    Hisagi
    Maybe Nemu

Captains:
    Umm... Maybe Mayuri, if only because Ishida letting him live was retarded
    Uh... Komamura, if only because WTF IS THAT GUY!?
    Uh... Yeah that's about it...

That cuts down about half of soul Society at least.

Vizards:
    Love, Rose, Mashiro, and Maybe Kensei or Hachi (Doesn't really matter which) to cut down about half of the Vizards.

Hollows: About HALF of the freaking Fraccion. It doesn't matter. Then again, they're all dead anyway so meh.

Going purely to cut down the characters to something more manageable. In the process I'd also cut the divison's down to about 5 and have said captains work under the more experienced ones. For lulz.

Not sure what I'd legitimately do for canon though as in really killing them off. *Shrug*

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would kill off Momo, she gets on my nerves. Always in the way and causing trouble. She is still in love with Aizen and probably wants to be stabbed by him again, she's that delusional and idiotic.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Meh, Yama dying is to easy to predict though. I'd rather it be someone unexpected, like Rukia. She needs to die. Not extremely useful, and the only way she's gonna get stronger is by getting bankai, which is way out of line if she does.

Her death will also be pretty significant to the following people: Ichigo, Byakuya, Renji, Ukitake, and maybe even Ishida, Chad, and Orihime.
    Well right, I was taking the realistic approach to who I think would get killed off If Kubo really had to kill someone. I like your approach though, Rukia is very unexpected and very closely connected to a lot of people in the storyline.

Anywho just to reiterate you could post who you would like to kill off in bleach for personal reasons (like akiyama, lol) as well as discuss who you think would die based on the current storyline and what type of effect that characters death would have on it (like Zatono did). Either approach works here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is technically make those characters never exist, because Kubo created too damn many.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Mine is technically make those characters never exist, because Kubo created too damn many.
    Ok well then what would you do for the story. Who would you kill of canonically? Like who would you see being a reasonable person to kill off or the person could not even be reasonable just as long as you could back up your claims, lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kubo started killing off characters he'd either have to kill off many at once or not kill any at all. If he kills off one he'd make that character more significant (whether on purpose or unintentionally); the only way he could kill off unnecessary characters and keep it relatively unimportant/unemotional would be to kill off several at once.

I would prefer for all the side characters to be killed off...there's just so many that all this juggling is making it hard to get on track with the plot. For now it's cool because the characters that Kubo's juggling are cool, but what happens when the novelty wears off? Even now they're detracting from the characters that (imo) really matter.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aikidoka View Post
    If Kubo started killing off characters he'd either have to kill off many at once or not kill any at all. If he kills off one he'd make that character more significant (whether on purpose or unintentionally); the only way he could kill off unnecessary characters and keep it relatively unimportant/unemotional would be to kill off several at once.

I would prefer for all the side characters to be killed off...there's just so many that all this juggling is making it hard to get on track with the plot. For now it's cool because the characters that Kubo's juggling are cool, but what happens when the novelty wears off? Even now they're detracting from the characters that (imo) really matter.
    Well lets see, it really depends on what characters he kills off though. If he was to kill off a side character then he would be making he/she more significant. But what if he was to kill off someone who is already significant like Yama? See what I'm getting at. Its not like he would be ruining the plot then or some characters that way.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post
    Well lets see, it really depends on what characters he kills off though. If he was to kill off a side character then he would be making he/she more significant. But what if he was to kill off someone who is already significant like Yama? See what I'm getting at. Its not like he would be ruining the plot then or some characters that way.
    Hm, that's true.

If it were someone like Yama then I suppose it would be okay to give him a quick death, not something like the whole arc devoted to Asuma in Naruto. It would be shocking but we also wouldn't need to develop Yama as much.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aikidoka View Post
    Hm, that's true.

If it were someone like Yama then I suppose it would be okay to give him a quick death, not something like the whole arc devoted to Asuma in Naruto. It would be shocking but we also wouldn't need to develop Yama as much.
    Yea you figure killing off an already developed character would be shocking, entertaining, and wouldn't require too much back story to cover it. Although that is the bright side with peoples deaths, you usually end up getting a quick flashback or something remembering him and Flashbacks bout Yama would be pretty sweet. Maybe we could see what he was like when he wasn't as old, lol. So a good point from this to consider is that in killing off a character we would most likely get some back story on this character, so thats just something else thats interesting for everyone to consider in choosing who should be killed off

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, ukitake's death would certainly get shunsui mad, which i would like to see. If there is someone who can kill ukitake, then he would definitely cause problems to shunsui, which would trigger yama's intervention.

Considering byakuya, ichigo and rukia are in HM, rukia's death would 'cuz problems, ichigo would go mad and byakuya will definitely get murderous.

Also tessai or maybe yoruichi's death would cause a big fuss. But i think yoruichi should die, becuz i need tessai to prove he's god level above hacchi...lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that we are talking bout deaths that could drive a person over board (Ukitake to Shunsui)(Rukia to like half the characters ) another one that I thought of that would really set Ichigo overboard would be Orihime. Not I see great problems with this in that she has theis godly ability that keeps getting hyped like she has to do something really amazing with it down the road, but I do think her death would hurt Ichigo a little more than Rukia. We just got a taste of what His bond to her is like in his battle with Ulqs in which he was so determined to save her right before he turned Ichigonator. If thats what happened then, then I wonder what would happen to him with her death . See thats the bright side to the death of either Rukia or Orihime, it could really change Ichigo and could lead to him doing something drastic and epic, maybe even killing his opponent on purpose, that battle instinct Shirosaki is talking about may actually come out.....or shirosaki himself could just come out

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

^^Good point, i think U got it right even with one of the reasons she won't die...her ability. But ichigonator would come out for all the nakama, i think, keigo, too.
    Ichigo is just like that, he even became shinigami for that reason.

I'm just curious though, how would gin react, if matsumoto would die. I think his smile would fade a little bit. They have a sort of good relationship. Of course gin won't go overboard for her, but she is one of the few people who care about him

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Yama should go along with Shunsui, Ukitake and Orhime.

Yama needs to die at the hands of Aizen before the finale, Shunsui and Ukitake are the "old school" captains who should just die. I have no patience for people who drag the manga on for ages because they are too chicken to use their bankai.

Orhime has proven to be uber useless. Her power sucks compared to Hacchi. Before the vizard arc we thought she was useless and it was true. Then Aizen seemed to have some interest, so we thought, maybe she can do something after all? But no. Aizen just played everyone. She is just as useless as we thought she was originally.

Can you recall the extent of her power ups over the last few years?
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/310/06/
    This is her major power up since the SS arc. Her shield can push people back a tiny bit.

Hopefully after she dies, Ichi will get his final power up.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the thing with Orihime is that her power is also new to her and also her hearts not there for fighting. Lets be serious though, her awesome ability which hachi has as well is for Hachi something he had to create. It took his genius, his hollow powers, and his amazing skill at kido to develop it. Now when you look at it, for Orihime, all these skills which took Hachi a lot of work to create, comes naturally to her. Therefore she has the most room for potential in this type of skill and could really become powerful and useful and surpass Hachis abilities. Right now her powers have been given some hype and foreshadowing from both Aizen and Hachi so even though she sucks now down the road she should be very important. Thats why if she did die she would cause a lot of problems and strike a chord with ichigo that would unleash some stored power, yet at the same time I don't see it happening because of the foreshadowing Kubo has placed around her. Thats why I like the idea for Rukia a little better because her power isn't as important to the story and she will still strike an emotional chord with several members of the bleachverse.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

About the only 'foreshadowing' placed around her is Ulquiorra's statement of "She is already one of us" or something. I vouch for her death to strike a chord in Ichigo.

Also, pretty much everyone who's useless.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast