Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: if someone's gonna die, who will it be?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If You Could Kill Off Any Good Guy In Bleach......

I would personally say there is more hype to her than that....well her ability at least. Aizen's speech about it rejecting events and then Hachi's conversation with her do a lot to show that she has a lot of potential with her ability. Honestly its only because of her ability that she would stay alive, if it turns out nothing happens with her powers then she should just die but from what I've seen now Kubo has been hinting at some importance in it so I still see her staying alive for now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: if someone's gonna die, who will it be?

If I could kill off any good guy?

Orihime, I'm tired of her being a damsel in distress. I mean, SS sent 4 captains over to HM just to save her. At least Rukia has a more interesting relationship with Ichigo, and doesn't just helplessly cry "Kurosaki-Kun!" all day. Plus, her powers are more or less made obsolete by Hachi.

WHo do I think is going to believe (to answer the original topic question):

Well, every bad guy obviously, they're bound to die (with the exception of like... Grimmjow so far), so obviously they're going to die.

As for good guys, I think Yama-jii is most susceptible to death. He's very very old, and he's the benchmark that Aizen must beat (and Ichigo must in turn beat in order to defeat Aizen in the end). So I think that for Aizen to prove that he is worthy of being the king of SS, he must first defeat, and kill Yamamoto first.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The one character I would kill off would have to omaeda. To me he is not just the most annoying character in bleach but also serves no real purpose. I have wished so many times for him to get axed but with no luck.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Obscenity's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

/nod YES! Omeada is completely useless. The only reason that Barragan didn't just dust him, I think was that he was so pathetic, he was laughing to himself. He couldn't get a deep enough breath to really let the Respira fly... then Soifon hit him with some science, saving his sorry ass. I mean, even Iba has a better developed personality, and he's likeable as the inevitable foil to Ikkaku. Hitsugaya would be a good choice to really shock things into a sense of "Oh shit! If he died, we all might have a target on our back." But of course KT likes to have a paycheck every week, so that ain't happening anytime soon. Momo'd be a good choice, at least among the VC's present, since she is still clearly in Aizen's grasp, whether she admits it or not. I'd love to see Genryusei wipe her out when she tries to save Aizen. He's ruthless enough to do it. In fact, his aggressiveness has played right into Aizen's hands practically everytime. But I won't get into the crazy theory department right now. If it's gonna be plot related, I think for it to be the powerful statement we're all looking for, it has to be a captain, and one we're all attached to. Yama could die, but really, he's just been the grumpy old war monger so far, kinda like Dick Cheney, so no one'll really miss him. As much as I hate to say it, I think of the Captains present in FKT at the moment, Shunsui'd be the best target to make a major impact in the story. And believe me, I'd hate that, as he's my favorite captain by far, but for a great story, and for the inevitable victory to mean as much, sacrifices must be made.

I also agree that Orihime is being portrayed badly in recent chapters, she's being turned into Kagome from Inuyasha... it's sickening. I mean her power is unstoppable, if she'd use it right. Let's hope she snaps out of it, and develops some backbone soon, as I'd hate to see such potential never develop. Mayuri is too useful as a plot device to kill off yet, but so help me if Uuryu doesn't at least make a play for his blood when the war is over, I'll never respect him again. Chad seems to have too much going on with his powers at the moment to die, and Unohana still has to show us why everyone fears her before she is eliminated. I think the best choice for death on the HM side is Byakuya. He could have his hero moment, saving Renji, and Renji'd have his little speech about, "Who am I gonna fight now?" and there'd be tears, and maybe Rukia could be made head of the Kuchiki clan. Then she'd have to get tougher, and maybe there'd be a female character that wouldn't be a pushover. Plus with Ichigo's "friendly" rival on ice, he'd have that little nugget of rage inside that he'd never get to tease him again, or prove his thinking wrong. And maybe, just maybe, Ichigo would take a lesson from Byakuya's book, and develop a little discipline in honor of his fallen rival. That's how I see it from the story side anyhow. Rukia's too easy to kill, and it'd just be one more example of Kubo portraying the female characters as objects of pity and weakness. But if he does off her, I hope she has an absolutely brutal death, none of this slow lingering, I hope she goes out biting and screaming, but none of this, "maybe she made it" crap. I'm talking ripped in half by Roid Rage Yammy or something. I want shock value, dammit. Anyway, I'm running way long here, so yeah, Kubo, get the lead out, and kill someone, already!
    Remember kids, real friends stab you in the Front.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Arctigor's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see yamamoto dead if he doesn't go in bankai and kick everyone's asses. It pisses me off. He is staying there while other captains are working hard and he doesn't move an inch to help them.
    http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1354/36/1354363077873.jpg

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

If we had to have a good guy die my list goes like this:

1. Orihime-pleeease KT kill her NOW. She is the most annoying, useless, crap, pathetic character in the UNIVERSE. I bet she comes top in the worst character polls run by ALIENS millions of light years away from us who come to earth to watch bleach just to see that YES a character this bad really does exist. She does NOTHING, screams Kurosaki Kun all the time and the nausiating Ichigoxorihime shippers make it even worse. Every single second Orihime gets screentime bleach is terrible. Rukia not getting screentime because of her is a crime-she is ACTUALLY a good character. Ok now that my rant in bold is over heres the logical reason-sane people hate her and at the same time her death will piss off ichigo a lot as well as other people for some reason( why rukia actually cares about orihime is beyond me-like when did THAT happen?)

2. Momo Hinamori-she is winy, useless and her death will spur Hitsugaya on to even greater badassery.

3.Omaeda-crap, crap, crap. Did I mention he is crap?

4.Mayuri-he's entertaining an all but hes not someone you WANT around-him dieing will allow Urahara to resume his rightful place. He's still a captain so his death would count as "sad".
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, as horrible as the prospect of Rukia being torn in two by Yammy is, if Kubo mans up and has the balls to do it instead of glorfying his shinigami at every opportunity, I will actually dryly chuckle if it happens.

Why?

Because Kubo will have finally proven what is already obvious- that women in Bleach just fail in comparison to their male counterparts.

Oh, good luck for an ant-like non-VC to go out 'biting and screaming' when Yammy can likely just crush her like a freaking insect.
    Last edited by NyxOne; September 07, 2009 at 10:27 AM.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
    You know, as horrible as the prospect of Rukia being torn in two by Yammy is, if Kubo mans up and has the balls to do it instead of glorfying his shinigami at every opportunity, I will actually dryly chuckle if it happens.

Why?

Because Kubo will have finally proven what is already obvious- that women in Bleach just fail in comparison to their male counterparts.

Oh, good luck for an ant-like non-VC to go out 'biting and screaming' when Yammy can likely just crush her like a freaking insect.
    yep its too true that KT just makes women fail epicly. he MAY redeem himself when Unohanna and Yoruichi finally have a treal fight who knows. So far its been pretty bad. Soi Fon cracking barragans skull and taking his arm off was something but not enough.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    If we had to have a good guy die my list goes like this:

1. Orihime-pleeease KT kill her NOW. She is the most annoying, useless, crap, pathetic character in the UNIVERSE. I bet she comes top in the worst character polls run by ALIENS millions of light years away from us who come to earth to watch bleach just to see that YES a character this bad really does exist. She does NOTHING, screams Kurosaki Kun all the time and the nausiating Ichigoxorihime shippers make it even worse. Every single second Orihime gets screentime bleach is terrible. Rukia not getting screentime because of her is a crime-she is ACTUALLY a good character. Ok now that my rant in bold is over heres the logical reason-sane people hate her and at the same time her death will piss off ichigo a lot as well as other people for some reason( why rukia actually cares about orihime is beyond me-like when did THAT happen?)

2. Momo Hinamori-she is winy, useless and her death will spur Hitsugaya on to even greater badassery.

3.Omaeda-crap, crap, crap. Did I mention he is crap?

4.Mayuri-he's entertaining an all but hes not someone you WANT around-him dieing will allow Urahara to resume his rightful place. He's still a captain so his death would count as "sad".
    Mifune_Taichou FTW!!!

I have to admit that i do fall for the whole damsel in distress thing Orihime has going on... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    yep its too true that KT just makes women fail epicly. he MAY redeem himself when Unohanna and Yoruichi finally have a treal fight who knows. So far its been pretty bad. Soi Fon cracking barragans skull and taking his arm off was something but not enough.
    they are the two i have my eyes on to redeem the women in bleach. I personally want Yoruichi to be the one to WTF PWN who ever she goes up against.
    Last edited by After_Image; September 07, 2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by After_Image View Post
    Mifune_Taichou FTW!!!

I have to admit that i do fall for the whole damsel in distress thing Orihime has going on... lol
    <hr noshade size="1">

they are the two i have my eyes on to redeem the women in bleach. I personally want Yoruichi to be the one to WTF PWN who ever she goes up against.
    haha thanks. me too i expect a lot from Yoruichi-when you think about it without using a zanpakutoh she can fight with captain level opponents. when she uses her zan and bankai she will be 10x times stronger!

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait till Kubo botches that up, too. I only have hopes in Unohana, and even then, I have the lingering feeling that she'll disappoint.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
    Wait till Kubo botches that up, too. I only have hopes in Unohana, and even then, I have the lingering feeling that she'll disappoint.
    Oh man I really hope he doesnt. She SHOULD wtfpwn the next person she fights unless its Aizen.

I see Kt doing something like:

She's winning easily and then suddeny her opponent comes out some fucked up power out of left field and she has to be saved by Urahara again.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah that would just be really bad on Kubos part if Yoruichi ends up needing to be saved. i like to think she is as strong as Urahara so she wont need to be saved like so many have.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

With what Kubo did to Ukitake, I haven't any high hopes for anyone in Soul Society who's 'high powered'. Besides, all Yama does is sit on his ass and set the occasional thing on fire, and Shunsui may or may not get serious. Certainly doesn't look like he will, with him being fine to sit on his ass and watch his friend that may or may not be missing his heart bleed to death.

And of course Yoru'll be saved, she's a Bleach chick. Look at the track record:

Nemu- saved.

Soi- saved.

Orihime- saved. Twice.

Rukia- saved.

Nanao- saved.

Hinamori- saved.

Matsumoto- saved.

Isane- possibly.

Hiyori- saved.

Lisa- saved. Though both by necessity really.

That pretty much leaves only Yachiru, Unohana, Shiba and Yoru out. I expect them to follow suit. Well, two of them, since Shiba's just vanished and Yachiru can't fight, but still.

By the way, Yama can't die, because he's about the only shinigami we've ever seen qualified to lead. The rest is a rabble. Mostly.
    Last edited by NyxOne; September 07, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah I find it strange how we havent seen anything about Ukitake. is he dead or alive?

Since this is bleach there is a 99.99% chance he is still alive... but how?
    One of the many question yet to be answered... sigh..

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast