Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 45 of 97 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 1441

Thread: The concept of "Genius" in NARUTO

  1. #661
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibi234 View Post
    buaha right... sasuke knew how to cheat becouse all he did was use his "sharingan" the hax power to copy the movement of the arm... if everyone had such convinient power then no one had problems with cheating...naruto had no such convinent power... even akamaru, byakugan, bugs, dolls.... if sakura or sasuke would be so great they would find a way to help naruto by giving them their answers (like kankorou did for temari)
    Naruto cheated as well by using kage bunshins to not only learn how to change his chakra to his elemental nature, but to master fuuton: rasengan and create FRS. Naruto also cheated by using a scroll to learn kage bunshin.

    Your logic is horrible, considering Sharingan isn't enough. Sasuke would still have to learn how to manipulate his nature before he learned chidori, Sharingan doesn't help with that. Movement of the arm isn't what makes a chidori. Sakura and Sasuke not helping Naruto out does not change the fact that Naruto had no freakin' idea that he had to cheat but not get caught - the only one in Team 7 not to realize this. This does not make him a genius.

    And having Sharingan does not make Sasuke less of a genius.

    Quote Quote:
    About naruto... dude... all jiraya did was to tell him that there are 3steps...showed him rasengans look.... told him to pop up a ballon and ball...and that's it !!! where the hell was he guiding naruto ? he told only to work hard to pop it... took narutos cash and went for women.... naruto went to the rasengan on his own...and in his own unique way (clones). About FRS well Kakashi or Yamato had no Bloody idea (even minato) how to fuse a rasengan with nature element.... kakashi and yamato were there "ONLY" becouse they had to look after the 9tails going rampage and taking that under control.... if naruto had no such risk they wouldnt be needed there.... the akatsuki threat was a thing that made naruto to use such hardcore training method... so genrally lacing time in all training sesions...even in sage mode with "pain threat"
    He guided Naruto by showing him stuff. He showed Naruto how to pop the balloon and ball, how to hold the chakra in, and etc.

    So? Kakashi told Naruto about the clones and Yamato kept the Kyuubi in check. Without Kakashi's explanations and Yamato giving him examples, Naruto would not have been able to go as far as FRS. Without that kage bunshin memory transfer asspull, Naruto would have taken at least one good month to be able to change his chakra to fuuton. Naruto even had difficulty understanding Kakashi's explanations, as well as difficulty in focusing on making rasengan and even understanding the whole thing.

    Quote Quote:
    Dont put on sasuke an "genius" mark becouse he isnt... if he lost his sharingan for good he would lose almost all moves, wouldnt be able to predict enemys movment by looking at the chakra... Kakashi was guinding sasuke by a hand how to make chidori....later sasuke demanded learning from orochimaru... so he too was constantly beign guided..... later it was itachi who showed and made sasuke realize taht such move exist... and that is susano...
    So you want me to refute manga statements? Can't do that. We've seen proof that Sasuke is a genius. And no, he wouldn't lose all moves, just Susano'o, Amaterasu, and Tsukuyomi.

    Kakashi teaching Sasuke is no different from him teaching Naruto, except Naruto had a haxxed way of learning. Sasuke was still easily better than Naruto when they met at Orochimaru's lair, despite Naruto being guided by Jiraiya and Kakashi as well.

    So? Later it was Jiraiya who made Naruto realize that rasengan existed, and Fukasaku realize that Sage Mode existed. Your argument doesn't hold any water here.

    Quote Quote:
    so sasuke is no genius... before he activated his sharingan he got defeated by rock lee with ease... later he just "copied" lees trained moves... its not learning from hard work but using a shortcut by just copying ;/, well naruto was never really smart in school...well becouse he had no parents to guide him or help him with his studies like sasuke had... Minato would mostly help him with it as he is the smart one ^^ but naruto had no such convinent life and had no parents so he had to do all on his own

    but I can agree that itachi and minato were real genius people
    Because Rock lee was faster than Sasuke. Naruto got owned by Rock Lee in one move, in less than a page or two. Sasuke was still fighting, and it took at least two moves. It's not even a freakin' shortcut considering Sasuke still had to work on his stamina and speed. Even after that he couldn't keep up Lee's speed for a long time. From what we saw, Sasuke barely had anyoen to guide him. His dad taught him the seal for fireball, but after Sasuke failed the first time, he came back every day to train for it and finally mastered it. Without Sharingan. At age 6 or 7. That makes him a genius. Naruto couldn't evne do a basic bunshin at age 12. Your arguments against Sasuke make no sense here.

    if you take Kyuubi away from Naruto, then he doesn't much either. He can't spam kage bunshins as much as he does, or be able to win most of his matches. Without the Kyuubi, he'd have lost against Neji, Gaara, and Haku, among many other shinobi.

    ---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by huynhlan View Post
    you do realize that have obito came back to konoha after he awaken his MS, pretty much everyone would have refer to him as a genius right? They might even refer to him as the best in his generation even, so your statement is false really especially eyes don't make one a genius. Even a kid display an amazing or difficult move, then they are likely to be refer to as a genius like if konohamaru can shoot laser beam out of his eyes that travel of the speed of light then I am pretty damn sure everyone would have refer to him as a genius too.
    No, he would not be a genius or be considered as a genius considering how he was before he got his Sharingan. Kakashi would still be the best of his generation, especially since he found out how to hurt Tobi.

    My statement isn't false, at all. Tobi still isn't a genius despite Mangekyo. He's just an idiot with an overpowered ability. No one has once considered Tobi a genius, even after he got his MS. The only reason why he was feared was because they thought he was Madara.

    Konohamaru would not be considered a genius if he could shoot laser beams out of his eyes. He'd have to show he was a genius, like how Sasuke, Neji,a nd Itachi showed they were geniuses. It's not as easy as having a Sharingan or Byakugan.

  2. #662
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Yeah, that's why I have WTF face when people call him stupid in-battle. But apparently, even obvious things can't be perceived as such, if there is no objectivity.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v58/c551/3.html

    Naruto's own admission that he is stupid, while in battle no less.

    ---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    It's not a rant. Maybe now it will be since you ignore most of my posts and fail to see the logic in my statements since it's foreshadowed with your own understanding of things.

    For the cheat thing, I'll copy-paste my previous post:

    The blatant stupidity you wrote is the word "cheat". Are you serious, man? It's a manga which describes a world full of people with special powers. But I'll humor you:

    1. Let's take out Sasuke's Sharingan. You there yet? I'll guess. More than half of his fights are automatically undone, those matches he won.
    2. Let's take out Kakashi's Sharingan. Similar situation like Sasuke.
    3. Neji's Byakugan. Same.
    4. Minato's speed. Same.
    5. Raikage's speed. Same.
    6. Orochimaru's Senjutsu. Same.

    By your logic, everyone cheats with their own ability. Are you denying that despite the fact that you actually claim that for Naruto's situation? I didn't call you stupid, your statement was stupid. I don't have to weaken your argument because there is none. If Naruto cheats with his Kagebunshin, Sasuke cheats with his Sharingan, LOGICALLY, it's simple as that, if we go by your logic.
    Yes everyone cheats, they are ninja, it does't matter how they do something so long as they do it, but that isn't what we are talking about. Again, if being a genius simply meant you had to accomplish a great feat, nearly EVERYONE in the manga would be considered a genius.

    Do you want to know something about Neji, Sasuke, Kakashi, Orochimaru, etc, that makes them different than Naruto? None of them are Geniuses because of their ability to cheat, they are geniuses despite it.

    Sasuke was considered a genius before ever getting the Sharigan, same goes for Kakashi.

    Neji was a genius for teaching himself all of his clan techniques, with no help. No one ever showed him anything, he just taught himself.

    Orochimaru was considered a genius since he was a child, prior to him gaining vast amounts of jutsu and modifying his body.

    Shikamaru was a genius despite having terrible test scores because he had an IQ of over 200.

    Being a genius is something that is inherent, something you are born with as shown by this manga, everyone that has ever been called a genius in this manga was called one since they were children.

    Naruto is not a genius. His greatest accomplishment that is genius worthy, was accomplished in a way that goes against everything that makes a genius and a genius.You need to stop trying to correlate the real world term genius, to the manga term genius because they are not one in the same and never will be.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  3. #663
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Junior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    The Wall
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    I'd like to throw in that Goku was pretty stupid.

    A lot of characters are "stupid" in one aspect but a genius in another. I mean, wasn't this referenced in the manga several times already?

    Just saying, sometimes these "Discussions" can be a little trivial...especially the issue of cheating.

    Really? Cheating?

    Lol.
    2013 MH Resolution: Ignore the fanboys.

  4. #664
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I'd like to throw in that Goku was pretty stupid.

    A lot of characters are "stupid" in one aspect but a genius in another. I mean, wasn't this referenced in the manga several times already?

    Just saying, sometimes these "Discussions" can be a little trivial...especially the issue of cheating.

    Really? Cheating?

    Lol.
    My whole point was that the fact he had to go to such lengths to create the technique mean it isn't an act of "genius". All the ninja in the manga find ways to cheat, whether it be to learn techniques fast, cheat death, or cheat in a fight. There is nothing wrong with that.

    But the whole reason our argument started was because he was trying to say that since Naruto accomplished what he did, he was a genius. I refuted that claim by saying that even though it was an incredible jutsu he created, you need more than something to be incredible for it to be an act of genius, otherwise nearly everyone in the manga could be considered a genius.

    (On a side note, while Goku and many manga characters are stupid, Kishi goes to great lengths to make Naruto look like he's missing large portions of his brain. Why he does this I will never know, because for me it ruins a lot about Naruto)

    ---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    You know what would Naruto be without Kurama? Jiraiya or Orochimaru, battle level-wise, or probably stronger. But with Kurama, he's beyond their magnitude of power. It's simple and pretty easy to understand. The rest is just people's plain gullibility towards their own reasoning which helps them sleep through the night.
    There is no telling how powerful Orochimaru actually is, because the last time he was at full power was in Part 1 and now everything's gone to hell. The guy can use Edo Tensei which alone makes him strong enough to defeat anyone, and he's practically immortal.

    As for Naruto, he'd certainly still be one of the strongest ninja in the manga without Kurama, although he'd get his ass kicked by the true top tier guys. He'd essentially be Jiraiya with more chakra but with less diversity in his techniques despite them being vastly more powerful.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  5. #665
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    Trying to evade again with some broad word. What kind of greatness can a coward achieve? Do you really know what you are talking about?
    I suppose if we apply your logic, every ninja in the Narutoverse is special.

    Quote Quote:
    Please, for your credibility, show me where and how he got it. Bring me some fact given in the manga.
    Heres a panel where its said that Kushina taught Minato Uzumaki jutsus. There is another instance where Minato says that it was thanks to Kushina that he learnt the Jutsus he learnt.

    Minato has never, not once been hinted to have any special bloodline ability nor has his clan ever been said to be special.

    Quote Quote:
    His own blood is geniune, and this is my point. Now, you can convince yourself that it popped from nowhere. A regular guy flying at speed closed to teleportation. Obito with his Sharingan couldn't even see him coming with a body flicker. Are you serious about him?
    What does his blood have to do with him being a genius? When has he ever been hinted to have special blood?
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #666
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    What does his blood have to do with him being a genius? When has he ever been hinted to have special blood?
    That's his interpretation of genius.
    Quote Quote:
    3. Again, you are failing to understand the word genius in the case of Uchiha. When speaking of Uchiha, genius is not synonymous of being smart. It simply means they have an ability that is natural and unique to them - they have the almighty Sharingan same as why Hyuaga are a genius clan. Besides, Obito has never been shown to be stupid or dumb. Rather, he was shown to cover his lack of motivation with a sickness in his eyes - which might even be true. It is the same as Naruto hiding his loneliness with prankster. Actually, they were very smart to come up with these solutions. Only people who did not know their problem called them stupid or dumb. Actually, I think that as a reader, you should know this and see how smart they are.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #667
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    What does his blood have to do with him being a genius? When has he ever been hinted to have special blood?
    He can't fathom that someone of common heritage can become a genius or do great things. IMO, that is the whole appeal about Minato, he is the crux of the whole argument that you don't need to be special to be a genius or become incredibly powerful.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #668
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v58/c551/3.html

    Naruto's own admission that he is stupid, while in battle no less.

    ---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------


    Yes everyone cheats, they are ninja, it does't matter how they do something so long as they do it, but that isn't what we are talking about. Again, if being a genius simply meant you had to accomplish a great feat, nearly EVERYONE in the manga would be considered a genius.

    Do you want to know something about Neji, Sasuke, Kakashi, Orochimaru, etc, that makes them different than Naruto? None of them are Geniuses because of their ability to cheat, they are geniuses despite it.

    Sasuke was considered a genius before ever getting the Sharigan, same goes for Kakashi.

    Neji was a genius for teaching himself all of his clan techniques, with no help. No one ever showed him anything, he just taught himself.

    Orochimaru was considered a genius since he was a child, prior to him gaining vast amounts of jutsu and modifying his body.

    Shikamaru was a genius despite having terrible test scores because he had an IQ of over 200.

    Being a genius is something that is inherent, something you are born with as shown by this manga, everyone that has ever been called a genius in this manga was called one since they were children.

    Naruto is not a genius. His greatest accomplishment that is genius worthy, was accomplished in a way that goes against everything that makes a genius and a genius.You need to stop trying to correlate the real world term genius, to the manga term genius because they are not one in the same and never will be.
    I'm sure you said to yourself you're stupid, at least once in your life. But that doesn't mean you actually are. You're reading this manga so goddamn literally that it's hilarious.

    You're reading a fucking FANTASY STORY, bro. "Cheating" ain't cut for the manga-dictionary. Have some fucking common sense. If everyone managed to create a technique like Rasenshuriken, the statements you call arguments would have a valid point. Otherwise, it doesn't compute.

    Yeah? You wrote a fanfiction story which tells you that? You're getting ridiculous with making up your shit that doesn't make sense in correlation to actual story in this manga. If Naruto cheats, everyone else cheats. It's a basic principle of logic, but I guess you can't comprehend that.

    Like I said, they were considered Geniuses because they were good in school. That is the only reason if we exclude Sharingan. Of course Oro was a Genius, he knew Senjutsu ever since he was a little kid, Captain Obvious. Same goes for Shikamaru.

    Naruto IS a Genius. It's just that he didn't know it since he was born. The mentality he grew up in didn't allow him to find his inner talents and observance of what he was capable of whereas Sasuke/Neji and shinobi similar to them knew it from the start, which made it easier to draw even more power out of their confidence. CAN YOU GRASP WHAT I'M SAYING? Naruto is a late-bloomer Genius. He was searching for affection and a human contact while Sasuke and Neji trained like hell and were nurtured by a pedestal of etiquette. That's the ONLY difference between them.

  12. #669
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I'm sure you said to yourself you're stupid, at least once in your life. But that doesn't mean you actually are. You're reading this manga so goddamn literally that it's hilarious.

    You're reading a fucking FANTASY STORY, bro. "Cheating" ain't cut for the manga-dictionary. Have some fucking common sense. If everyone managed to create a technique like Rasenshuriken, the statements you call arguments would have a valid point. Otherwise, it doesn't compute.

    Yeah? You wrote a fanfiction story which tells you that? You're getting ridiculous with making up your shit that doesn't make sense in correlation to actual story in this manga. If Naruto cheats, everyone else cheats. It's a basic principle of logic, but I guess you can't comprehend that.

    Like I said, they were considered Geniuses because they were good in school. That is the only reason if we exclude Sharingan. Of course Oro was a Genius, he knew Senjutsu ever since he was a little kid, Captain Obvious. Same goes for Shikamaru.

    Naruto IS a Genius. It's just that he didn't know it since he was born. The mentality he grew up in didn't allow him to find his inner talents and observance of what he was capable of whereas Sasuke/Neji and shinobi similar to them knew it from the start, which made it easier to draw even more power out of their confidence. CAN YOU GRASP WHAT I'M SAYING? Naruto is a late-bloomer Genius. He was searching for affection and a human contact while Sasuke and Neji trained like hell and were nurtured by a pedestal of etiquette. That's the ONLY difference between them.
    I'm making up things? Where was it stated that Orochimaru learned Senjutsu as a child?

    And while I'll ignore your insults and wait for your blood pressure to go down I'd like to point out a few things.

    1) That isn't the only time he's been stupid in battle. I can throw out others if you'd like as well, that was simply the most recent. Aside from that, we have his low test scores, general lack of common sense, and his constant need for things to be explained to him slowly. How does any of that add up to him being intelligent? He's a lovable idiot! That's his character!

    2) What is exactly a technique like Rasenshuriken? Would Kirin count? Because while it took Naruto between 30-40 years to create Raseshuriken, Sasuke created Kirin it in 2 1/2 years. Both are examples of things never before done to scales never before achieved. Difference is, one took 30-40 years to do, the other took 2 1/2 years. Which is more impressive? Neither, they are equally impressive and thus the only thing separating them is 1) How long it took for them to be achieved, and 2) how they were achieved.

    3) I am not making anything up. I gave you examples of people considered geniuses despite their test scores in school. Neji had NO ONE TEACH HIM A THING. His father was dead when he was a small child. Afterwards, he then went on to TEACH HIMSELF, all of his clans techniques.

    4) There are no late bloomer geniuses, show me one other than Naruto. You can't because they don't exist in the realms of this manga.

    Sasuke and Neji were nurtured? They both had lost the people they loved most and trained on their own from about the age of 5 or 6.

    I really am not sure why you are so hell bent on showing that he is a genius.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  13. #670
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Behind you..that's my Kage Bunshin
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I'm making up things? Where was it stated that Orochimaru learned Senjutsu as a child?

    And while I'll ignore your insults and wait for your blood pressure to go down I'd like to point out a few things.

    1) That isn't the only time he's been stupid in battle. I can throw out others if you'd like as well, that was simply the most recent. Aside from that, we have his low test scores, general lack of common sense, and his constant need for things to be explained to him slowly. How does any of that add up to him being intelligent? He's a lovable idiot! That's his character!

    2) What is exactly a technique like Rasenshuriken? Would Kirin count? Because while it took Naruto between 30-40 years to create Raseshuriken, Sasuke created Kirin it in 2 1/2 years. Both are examples of things never before done to scales never before achieved. Difference is, one took 30-40 years to do, the other took 2 1/2 years. Which is more impressive? Neither, they are equally impressive and thus the only thing separating them is 1) How long it took for them to be achieved, and 2) how they were achieved.

    3) I am not making anything up. I gave you examples of people considered geniuses despite their test scores in school. Neji had NO ONE TEACH HIM A THING. His father was dead when he was a small child. Afterwards, he then went on to TEACH HIMSELF, all of his clans techniques.

    4) There are no late bloomer geniuses, show me one other than Naruto. You can't because they don't exist in the realms of this manga.

    Sasuke and Neji were nurtured? They both had lost the people they loved most and trained on their own from about the age of 5 or 6.

    I really am not sure why you are so hell bent on showing that he is a genius.
    Why are you hell bent on showing he is not? For me Naruto is a genius..last chapter proved it.. it is unprecendented what he did with the chakra....

    I guess you guys will just have to agree to disagree..
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

  14. #671
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I'm making up things? Where was it stated that Orochimaru learned Senjutsu as a child?

    And while I'll ignore your insults and wait for your blood pressure to go down I'd like to point out a few things.

    1) That isn't the only time he's been stupid in battle. I can throw out others if you'd like as well, that was simply the most recent. Aside from that, we have his low test scores, general lack of common sense, and his constant need for things to be explained to him slowly. How does any of that add up to him being intelligent? He's a lovable idiot! That's his character!

    2) What is exactly a technique like Rasenshuriken? Would Kirin count? Because while it took Naruto between 30-40 years to create Raseshuriken, Sasuke created Kirin it in 2 1/2 years. Both are examples of things never before done to scales never before achieved. Difference is, one took 30-40 years to do, the other took 2 1/2 years. Which is more impressive? Neither, they are equally impressive and thus the only thing separating them is 1) How long it took for them to be achieved, and 2) how they were achieved.

    3) I am not making anything up. I gave you examples of people considered geniuses despite their test scores in school. Neji had NO ONE TEACH HIM A THING. His father was dead when he was a small child. Afterwards, he then went on to TEACH HIMSELF, all of his clans techniques.

    4) There are no late bloomer geniuses, show me one other than Naruto. You can't because they don't exist in the realms of this manga.

    Sasuke and Neji were nurtured? They both had lost the people they loved most and trained on their own from about the age of 5 or 6.

    I really am not sure why you are so hell bent on showing that he is a genius.
    It's an assumption since Orochimaru had the same look as a child as he does now.

    My blood pressure is down, it's just that I'm losing respect because you can't seem to understand what I'm saying.

    1. How many time do I have to repeat myself? His scores in school, idiocy outside of battles and such don't matter. The way he fights and surprising movements, actions and decisions he makes in-battle are worthy enough to say that he's clever during battles, at least. He's a lovable idiot OUTSIDE OF BATTLES.

    2. This is why I'm losing respect for you and think that your intelligence has a low range. Stop for a moment and try to think in terms that Naruto's not "cheating". Okay, now, Naruto DIDN'T learn it in 30 years, because he has an ability which caused him to learn it faster. If Itachi didn't sacrifice himself, Sasuke wouldn't have gotten MS nor EMS, by your logic. Do you understand what I'm saying? There is no "cheating" because if you take away something from ANYONE out of this manga, they become useless. Now that I got that out of the way, NO ONE can and NO ONE will make such a technique. There is NO technique like it. Nagato's Shinra Tensei and Bijuudama could compete with it but that's it.

    3. You just made that up. Contradiction at its finest. We can assume that he did, but it doesn't prove it's true. But that doesn't matter as you clearly didn't understand a thing I said in the last paragraph on my last post. Even if it matter, Neji got his ass kicked.

    4. Your first sentence and second one don't agree with each other. There IS one, and it's Naruto.

    You don't get it, do you? Not nurtured by their parents. Nurtured by praise from other people. It inspires self-confidence and ability to do even greater things. They had reputation, not only because of themselves but because of their clans. If not for themselves, they had to preserve the clan's reputation, AT LEAST. What did Naruto have? No parents, no love, no reason to live, no objectives in life, no nothing. He was a cast out, hated loser in other people's eyes. If you add a little maturity into that, you know what I mean.

    Because of our opinions. Same as why you're so bent on showing that he's not.

    ---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    Surprised mods haven't ended this debate. I was quite sure it wasn't on-topic. Maybe it is.
    It's on-topic since Naruto awakened in the last chapter.

  15. #672
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by samsiufan View Post
    Why are you hell bent on showing he is not? For me Naruto is a genius..last chapter proved it.. it is unprecendented what he did with the chakra....
    Because for me it goes against what made him so likable in the first place, that he wasn't a genius, and that he could still achieve awesome things and beat everyone's ass.

    I was able to deal with him being the Son of the Minato because Minato himself didn't come from some crazy clan, he was a normal guy who happened to be a genius and became Hokage and was awesome.

    But then Kushina came from one of the strongest bloodlines in the manga....

    And then Naruto was destined to do this all a long...

    IMO, making him a genius on top of that goes against everything he and this manga stood for it Part 1. To me, it ruins his character even more than he's already be ruined.

    I'm not asking for Naruto to be an idiot, in fact I hate all the shit Kishi does that makes him stupid. I HATE how he doesn't let him grow up and have a brain.

    But then, for him to make him a genius, despite the fact he's a fumbling idiot 90% time is just stupid and terrible writing.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  16. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #673
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    If Naruto isn't a genius, he has to at least be something like a savant. His in-battle and hairbrain ideas all show high levels of creativity. He takes the basics of strategy and adds a spin them them with the usage of his abilities. It works because nobody expects those kinds of tactics. That's what makes it genius. Not sure how he's not considered a genius within battle. He's repeatedly come up with unconventional means and ideas against different foes. Geniuses can grasp togh abstract ideas and apply them. He was able to do that as well. Mostly because of his unconventional way of thinking and learning.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #674
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    It's an assumption since Orochimaru had the same look as a child as he does now.

    My blood pressure is down, it's just that I'm losing respect because you can't seem to understand what I'm saying.

    1. How many time do I have to repeat myself? His scores in school, idiocy outside of battles and such don't matter. The way he fights and surprising movements, actions and decisions he makes in-battle are worthy enough to say that he's clever during battles, at least. He's a lovable idiot OUTSIDE OF BATTLES.

    2. This is why I'm losing respect for you and think that your intelligence has a low range. Stop for a moment and try to think in terms that Naruto's not "cheating". Okay, now, Naruto DIDN'T learn it in 30 years, because he has an ability which caused him to learn it faster. If Itachi didn't sacrifice himself, Sasuke wouldn't have gotten MS nor EMS, by your logic. Do you understand what I'm saying? There is no "cheating" because if you take away something from ANYONE out of this manga, they become useless. Now that I got that out of the way, NO ONE can and NO ONE will make such a technique. There is NO technique like it. Nagato's Shinra Tensei and Bijuudama could compete with it but that's it.

    3. You just made that up. Contradiction at its finest. We can assume that he did, but it doesn't prove it's true. But that doesn't matter as you clearly didn't understand a thing I said in the last paragraph on my last post. Even if it matter, Neji got his ass kicked.

    4. Your first sentence and second one don't agree with each other. There IS one, and it's Naruto.

    You don't get it, do you? Not nurtured by their parents. Nurtured by praise from other people. It inspires self-confidence and ability to do even greater things. They had reputation, not only because of themselves but because of their clans. If not for themselves, they had to preserve the clan's reputation, AT LEAST. What did Naruto have? No parents, no love, no reason to live, no objectives in life, no nothing. He was a cast out, hated loser in other people's eyes. If you add a little maturity into that, you know what I mean.
    It's a bad assumption. He looks like a snake because he looks like a snake. He's never be able to become a Sage to the level Kabuto did, and his "true snake form" which he didn't create until later in life couldn't have been achieved when he was a child.

    1) Now you are contradicting yourself. You said earlier that all those ninja were only considered geniuses BECAUSE they were good in scholl. Now we should discount Naruto's performance in school to fit your argument?

    And since when did clever = genius? Please show me when that was determined. Being clever is not a quality of a genius.

    2) Naruto gained 30 years of experience from his clones. There is no debating this, Kakashi even told him that the whole point of this training was to shrink the time needed to train.

    The whole point of this argument is that we are debating about the idea of genius, how it is an intellectual property. Whether or not he was cheating is irrelevant. His brain, the thing that makes you a genius or not, took 30-40 years of experience in order for him to be capable of learning FRS.

    3) Look at this:

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v12/c101/8.html

    Neji, mastering Kaiten, ON HIS OWN.

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v12/c101/9.html

    His uncle in disbelief that he mastered ANOTHER technique on his own

    Neji getting his ass kicked is irrelevant.

    4) So he is the exception to the rule is what you are saying?

    How in the hell does being nurtured by others inspire self confidence in them? Sasuke hated everyone around him an ignored praise. He accomplished what he did out of hatred for his brother and strive to get better.

    Neji was from the Branch House. He was literally a slave. NO ONE gave him anything.

    And a tough up bringing should only have made him want to achieve more. Neji and Sasuke didn't have it easy and both achieved great things at a young age and were hailed as geniuses. They unlocked the power inside them because they had the intellect and drive to do so.

    Naruto had plenty of drive, he wanted to be Hokage, and wanted to be better than Sasuke. What did he lack? The intelligence, and it showed. But it didn't matter, because through hard work he still achieved great things.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  20. #675
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Revvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 617 Discussion / 618 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Because for me it goes against what made him so likable in the first place, that he wasn't a genius, and that he could still achieve awesome things and beat everyone's ass.

    I was able to deal with him being the Son of the Minato because Minato himself didn't come from some crazy clan, he was a normal guy who happened to be a genius and became Hokage and was awesome.

    But then Kushina came from one of the strongest bloodlines in the manga....

    And then Naruto was destined to do this all a long...

    IMO, making him a genius on top of that goes against everything he and this manga stood for it Part 1. To me, it ruins his character even more than he's already be ruined.

    I'm not asking for Naruto to be an idiot, in fact I hate all the shit Kishi does that makes him stupid. I HATE how he doesn't let him grow up and have a brain.

    But then, for him to make him a genius, despite the fact he's a fumbling idiot 90% time is just stupid and terrible writing.
    completly agree with delbi, Naruto was a great character to start off with.
    This annoying little brat who still had an honest heart. When he met Haku and Zabuza you expexted a great deal of character developmment concerning Naruto and to some degree it really happened. The beginnig of shippuden wasn't all that bad either, Naruto trying not to use the QB's power while facing his own Rage (aswell as the cruel nature of the Ninja world), reall great stuff.
    But then the character development stopped for almost everybody, nothing major happened for a while, and when it happened it didn't have much of an impact, exceptions were Narutos battle against pain and narutos clash with sasuke after the summit. That's the naruto i wanted for this manga, the one who talked to sasuke at the summit, not the one who devolved to this "going to be hokage"-idiot again, the one who can't come up with anything creatve when confronted with the emotional problems represented by obito, shouting meaningless one-liners while making a victory pose.
    QB used to reprsent an "easy" way out of the resonsibilitys a ninja had to face, his "solution" was blind rage and control through power (the same thing the uchiha represent), changing him to a missunderstood good guy was the worst decision ever made in the whole manga, it took a major conflict out of the story and keept Naruto from further development as he did not need to deal with his own hatred in a mature way (and don't bring up the waterfall of truth stuff... I beg you). It's interesting to see that this manga not only wasted the potential of a great story but also lost his great display of fights, unique skills etc... now you have thousands of ninjas with superpowers fighting giant monsters instead of clever battles and stunning skills (remember how naruto used clones and this morphing skill, turning his clons into rocks or shurikens..... good times)...
    sadly Naruto now is a manga which only entertains because it remotley resembles the great manga it was and could have been.
    Last edited by Revvo; January 29, 2013 at 09:24 AM.

  21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 45 of 97 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts