Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1441

Thread: The concept of "Genius" in NARUTO

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The concept of "Genius" in NARUTO

He might not be a traditional Genius but he certainly had skills which would later bring forth his abilities, sort of like Naruto.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

What skills? All I've seen is Kamui making him in any way formidable. Naruto at least showed he could be smart when needed and that he had some skills. Obito hasn't shown anything that makes him a decent ninja, and if not for Kamui he would have already been killed, at least against those ANBU.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I got to agree with M3J. It seems like all obito did was follow Madara plans all the way until the end. So that credit goes to Madara, not obito. Also, when obito had chances to stand out and show some signs of genius, he didn't, all his powers and accomplishments are solely from his heritage(Sharingan) and teachingd(Madara).

Madara doesn't seem a bit surprise at anything obito has done, and that's problaly has something to do with him teaching everything... Even how to host the jyuubi.

Obito is smart, knowledgeable, and a fast learner, but plot kept him from being more.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

He had enough screen time to show you he's similar to Naruto and that should be enough. If he wasn't skilled, he wouldn't have made to the point where he is now.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

In terms of personality, he was worse than Naruto. At least Naruto had conviction and even though he did lack confidence, he didn't show it. Even though he was scared of the Rain chuunins initially, Naruto stepped up against Zabuza and performed spectacularly. Obito would have been useless if he didn't get the Sharingan.

Has nothing to do with skills, given that his Kamui is pretty hax, and Madara seems to have taught him everything. Give someone like Tenten Kamui, and she'll be nearly undefeatable. Add Hashirama's DNA/chakra and she'd probably be far more formidable than majority of the characters that'd beat her otherwise.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

You're over-thinking things. The manga showed us and depicted his similarity to Naruto. Since the similarity is so apparent, we could assume that he'd be the second Naruto if made the right decisions. I mean, the manga clearly implied that in the last chapter. As far as the skills go, he was obviously an above-average Uchiha since he activated the Sharingan and MS which is said that only a handful of Uchiha could do that. The rest is all speculation but the aforementioned things should be enough to see that he's definitely not mediocre or "not special".

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

He'd be the first Naruto, technically, and there wouldn't be a Naruto to compare to. With a father, mother, and no Kyuubi in him, Naruto would have a good childhood and not be the kind of person who understands loners and all. In any case, I see Naruto with good childhood as worse than the Naruto we know/knew, personality wise.

Manga implied that, but they're what characters think, not what actually could have happened. I mean, the only way Obito could have become a hokage was if almost everyone who were candidates refused. We know Kakashi would have refused, but we dunno if Itachi would have.

How was he an above-average Uchiha after activating the Sharingan? He seemed to be average. It was only his Mangekyo that made him a fearful shinobi. Anyone who has Kamui is nearly unbeatable....

Mangekyo was said to be activated via loss or pain. Obito experienced both when he saw Rin's death, otherwise he and possibly Kakashi would never have unlocked Mangekyo. None of theses make me think he's more than mediocre or that he's actually "special," given that he has one of hte most haxxed eye jutsu, and still gets hurt, and he showed nothing special.

At least while I'd argue Naruto is no way a genius, I can argue he's clever and has great potential. Given what Tobi/Obito has shown, can't do the same. At least, not after finding out that Madara shared knowledge and plans with him. The only thing we can agree on is that Tobi never planned to revive Madara.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    You're over-thinking things. The manga showed us and depicted his similarity to Naruto. Since the similarity is so apparent, we could assume that he'd be the second Naruto if made the right decisions. I mean, the manga clearly implied that in the last chapter. As far as the skills go, he was obviously an above-average Uchiha since he activated the Sharingan and MS which is said that only a handful of Uchiha could do that. The rest is all speculation but the aforementioned things should be enough to see that he's definitely not mediocre or "not special".
    Those were nothing but fantasies/dreams, it doesn't mirror his life had he not been killed by that rock.

Why did he even have the scars in the last chapter? Those are part of the zetsu mask IIRC.

Obito, genius at not using the full potential.
    Last edited by Schabrak; October 26, 2013 at 03:11 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    In terms of personality, he was worse than Naruto. At least Naruto had conviction and even though he did lack confidence, he didn't show it. Even though he was scared of the Rain chuunins initially, Naruto stepped up against Zabuza and performed spectacularly. Obito would have been useless if he didn't get the Sharingan.

Has nothing to do with skills, given that his Kamui is pretty hax, and Madara seems to have taught him everything. Give someone like Tenten Kamui, and she'll be nearly undefeatable. Add Hashirama's DNA/chakra and she'd probably be far more formidable than majority of the characters that'd beat her otherwise.
    I agree on the rest. But give Tenten the Kamui, Kakashi's version or Obito's version, or Susanoo, or Mokuton, or every hax and strong jutsu you like, and she will fail to use it at high level because she lacks the reflexes and the pure skill to employ in top tier ninja fights.

BTW, to me ninja geniuses in the world of Naruto are Kakashi, Minato, Itachi and Tobirama more of everyone else. They incarnate the pure fighting essence of a ninja, with high smartness, base speed, reflexes, CQC and pure fighting skill, ninja who can think smartly and put up a fight in every situation, against any opponent and any jutsu. Also Sasuke can be thought as they are, but he isn't as skilled as they are. Shikamaru and Shikaku are analytical and tactical top notch, but not all around geniuses in every aspect of the fight. Orochimaru and Kabuto are crazy scientists.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoloGG View Post
    I agree on the rest. But give Tenten the Kamui, Kakashi's version or Obito's version, or Susanoo, or Mokuton, or every hax and strong jutsu you like, and she will fail to use it at high level because she lacks the reflexes and the pure skill to employ in top tier ninja fights.
    And that's based on what besides your own opinion?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have the reflexes and the battle prowess to time your jutsu, you will never land it or use it proficiently.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, what are you talking about, you didn't have to repeat what I quoted again. How would you know she doesn't have the reflexes or skills, when those powers were never offered to her and she got not enough panels to fill half a chapter during the complete second part.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Because she hasn't shown those qualities and hasn't the hype to have them? And I'm saying Tenten because she was the example, but it's not about her, it's a general concept. I don't think I have to explain why if you give the same wonderful sword to a skillful swordsman and to a guy who in comparison doesn't know how to fight, the first will completely outperform the second.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but we're comparing Tenten with Obito. Before Obito met Madara, he was a regular ninja (he kind of sucked before he got his Sharingan, even), just like Tenten. And we've seen nothing showing that Obito trained afterwards - he's uber haxxed just because he has MS with which he can slip through any attack with a trollface, and the Hashicells that grant him the stamina to keep it up and tank most attacks in case it fails occasionally.

So yes, give Tenten Kamui and the Uchiha Emo and she could do all that Obito did.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member RandomShikafan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Obito has discovered he has a real gift for manipulating others. But as fighter I don't consider equally talented as Naruto, Sasuke and the like.

New Reply
Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 LastLast