Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The concept of "Genius" in NARUTO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the greatest genius in NARUTO ?

just listing no rating, coz everyone of em is too individual

1. Minato

2. Kakashi

3. Oro-knows-and-does-em-all-chimaru

4. Chikamaru-if not in jutsu, but in combat strategy only a few can match his creativity and intelligence, and i bet once he has more experience he'll be that best strategist EVER

5. Madara and his brother

(6. Sasuke and Itachi, though teached by uber-masterminds they have developed jutsu, fighting style that i would call genius.)
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Sasuke's growth is helped with steroids and other things, whereas Itachi awakened and mastered his sharingan at age 8, then becoming a chuunin at 10, then becoming an ANBU captain at 13. Even without MS, Itachi was an amazing ninja with genius intellect that Sasuke could not match up with at that age. Killing your friend to gain MS, has been done a lot of times in Uchiha history, we can't hold it against Itachi. Oro could not even stand against Itachi during his Akatsuki days.
    Itachi's story is full of plot holes, and I don't want to get started on an argument involving him. Plot holes or not, there's absolutely no way that Itachi's growth was natural- just as Sasuke's wasn't. It was simply too short of time. Otherwise, we might as well call Itachi the greatest genius in the history of ninja world- and that just doesn't sit too well with me. He's great, I'll give him that, but his story is full of holes, and we don't know just how he got so powerful. I gave him such a modest mention not because he's "less than" anybody else, but because we know too little about his past and what he had to do to get so powerful.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on everything that I have seen, nothing in Naruto can compare with that time when Tsunade handycaped Kabuto. To figure out how to move and attack in such a short amount of time...
    So, Kabuto.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Plot holes or not, there's absolutely no way that Itachi's growth was natural- just as Sasuke's wasn't. It was simply too short of time. Otherwise, we might as well call Itachi the greatest genius in the history of ninja world- and that just doesn't sit too well with me. He's great, I'll give him that, but his story is full of holes, and we don't know just how he got so powerful. I gave him such a modest mention not because he's "less than" anybody else, but because we know too little about his past and what he had to do to get so powerful.
    Why wouldn't Itachi growth be natural, I mean the guy is the greatest genius besides Madara from Uchiha, he mastered sharingan at young age, then became ANBU captain and was powerful enough at 11-14, that he joined Akatsuki, a organization of S-Class shinobi's. For someone like Kakashi to give respect to Itachi, means he is much more than great, kakashi is also an elite genius and he accepts that Itachi is greater than him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Windmillblade's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the greatest genius in naruto is the first. He defeated the most powerful uchiha in his prime. and if he came up with a new technique for the MS it wasn't a factor for the first.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    the greatest genius in naruto is the first. He defeated the most powerful uchiha in his prime. and if he came up with a new technique for the MS it wasn't a factor for the first.
    i think we still know too little of the 1st especially not about the fight...
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thinks Shodai could have been a genius considering he had mokuton and was able to defeat Madara, but that fight could have been the worst fight possible for Madara. Madara could have had a weakness to Shodai's techniques or something. But Shodai is still a genius, but I still think Naruto is the greatest.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

besides the 2st i would say kakashi. developing the MS and he is not even a uchiha.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amatersu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say in terms of straight greatest genius, it'd be Shikamaru. He came up with the plan to take down two Akatsuki members simultaneously. In terms of Naruto's use of genius...I don't know. I'd say Pein because right now, he's probably the most powerful person in the Naruto universe.
    frack.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/164/16/

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/164/17/

Kabuto.
    Sure, other characters had their moments, and there are a couple of other geniuses in Naruto. Well, there's a whole bunch of them. Persons like, First, Second and Fourth Hokage shouldn't be counted, since we haven't really seen some examples of their genius.

I have high hopes for Kabuto. He's a medical genius, has an extensive knowledge, thinks and reacts really fast.
    So, as I said before, nothing that I have actually seen in manga can compare with this.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Sure, other characters had their moments, and there are a couple of other geniuses in Naruto. Well, there's a whole bunch of them. Persons like, First, Second and Fourth Hokage shouldn't be counted, since we haven't really seen some examples of their genius.
    Well Yondaime has been said to be a rare once in decades genius. He created a ninjutsu that needs no seals, he created Hirashin, and then there is shiki fuujin.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true.
    But if you look at it that way, than the biggest genius in Naruto is the guy with Rinnegan that created jutsus in the first place.
    We should really limit this to people who are part of the cast now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apathism's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amatersu View Post
    I'd say in terms of straight greatest genius, it'd be Shikamaru. He came up with the plan to take down two Akatsuki members simultaneously. In terms of Naruto's use of genius...I don't know. I'd say Pein because right now, he's probably the most powerful person in the Naruto universe.
    Shikamaru's dad is smarter, remember how shika is said to be so smart and shoji, but then lost very quickly to his old man?

Kage-Baka No Jutsu!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of natural geniuses but the people who are more of a genius than the regular geniuses are the people with a certain handicap and happen to still stay powerful i.e, Rock lee,kakashi, and nobody else. the hokages are dead. everyone else has their own natural skill but these people have a disadvantage but are still very strong. Naruto has the kyuubi so regardless of the fact he has no talent the kyuubi will not let him die.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What is this certain handicap that Kakashi has ? Naruto does have the Kyuubi, but that does not mean he has no talent. It was all him that mastered the Rasengan in three days, it was all him that created the Odama rasengan, it was all him that created an elemental Rasengan which Minato nor Kakashi could do. Also Jiraiya says that teaching Naruto is like teaching Minato, who is a rare genius, I think that certainly means that Naruto has more than enough talent.
    Last edited by TheChosenOne; February 16, 2008 at 09:38 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast