Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The concept of "Genius" in NARUTO

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the greatest genius in NARUTO ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Naruto solely create his FR even though all he had to was add his element, which was supposedly so impossible that Minato nor Kakashi could do it.
    Well, to play devil's advocate, Naruto was able to create the jutsu by making some ridiculous number of clones (I forget the exact number) and using them to greatly expedite the process, which he could only do thanks to his demonic vulpine boosted amount of chakra. Perhaps if Yondaime had not died young or simply had more time to devote to training while alive, he may have been able to expand upon the Rasengan too. As for Kakashi, so far we really have not seen him using the Rasengan in battle. Perhaps, he just focused on his own jutsu chidori more than trying to improve his sensei's jutsu. Speculation aside, we know that it typically takes a very long time to create a jutsu and because of Naruto's unique properties (i.e., the unholy amount of chakra he posses), he was able to create something that would take someone without his chakra an exorbitantly longer time to create.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The chakra only sped up the process, it didn't enhance with intelligence on how to create the FR and do it's variations. I don't think the reason why Kakashi could not create an elemental Rasengan is cuz he didn't have time, I think it's cuz he did not know how to further the rasengan, that is why he said that he could not show Naruto how to do it. As for yondaime, well if he hadn't died, I guess its safe to speculate that he would also have an elemental Rasengan.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The chakra only sped up the process, it didn't enhance with intelligence on how to create the FR and do it's variations. I don't think the reason why Kakashi could not create an elemental Rasengan is cuz he didn't have time, I think it's cuz he did not know how to further the rasengan, that is why he said that he could not show Naruto how to do it. As for yondaime, well if he hadn't died, I guess its safe to speculate that he would also have an elemental Rasengan.
    I wasn't suggesting that the chakra took away from Naruto's intelligence, just that he had an edge time-wise where others would not. I also did not suggest Kakashi lacked the time to create an elemental Rasengan, just that he may not have been that interested in focusing on the Rasengan when he has his own jutsu.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not that kakashi was uninterested in advancing the rasengan its just that he did not know how to combine his elemental chakra with rasengan, which supposely require a latent ability.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ShadowStrike's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

It's easy and obvious. The greatest genius is Sasuke. He has great hatred and ability to fight opponents when they are crippled somehow. ^^
    The reason why piracy may be good for mankind. XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chidori was inspired by Rasengan.

As for FRS, Naruto had a template to work from... Minato invented it from scratch. Even if he couldn't complete it Naruto now has the opportunity because Minato started the way.

Naruto would never have thought of a jutsu like Rasengan on his own.
    Last edited by ANBU4U; February 20, 2008 at 12:23 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree on that had naruto not known about rasengan first he would have never had the chance to advance it, but he did create an elemental rasengan without any information on how to do so, which is something done exclusively by him. Even if minato created it, kakashi did say that he could not advance it prior to his death, which still makes naruto's accomplishment something important.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

About the time thing/FRS-thing:
    Naruto created about 1000 KB and trained one day. So it equals about 1000 days of training.
    Most of the shinobi are doing missions every day. So it's quite hard to obtain something like that. Additionally I think that they should be quite exhausted after their missions doing this training which consumes quite much chakra makes this task even harder. So I guess Naruto is born quite lucky because he is the only one who has the tools to do this task.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The amount of chakra is the reason why Naruto can succeed where Kakashi and Yondaime failed. After witnessing Naruto using KB to complete the Rasengan, Kakashi admits that neither he or Yondaime could use such a method because neither person had the chakra amount for such a method.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    The amount of chakra is the reason why Naruto can succeed where Kakashi and Yondaime failed. After witnessing Naruto using KB to complete the Rasengan, Kakashi admits that neither he or Yondaime could use such a method because neither person had the chakra amount for such a method.
    Kakashi meant that he and yondy could not take the approach which included KB's distributing nature and shape manipulation, since that takes a toll. He was exclusively talking about that conceptualization, it's clear that there are other ways. Kakashi could not complete the Elemental Rasengan cuz he didn't not know how to add his lightning chakra, where as Yondy likely died too soon.
    Last edited by TheChosenOne; February 19, 2008 at 05:52 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree on that had naruto not known about rasengan first he would have never had the chance to advance it, but he did create an elemental rasengan without any information on how to do so, which is something done exclusively by him. Even if minato created it, kakashi did say that he could not advance it prior to his death, which still makes naruto's accomplishment something important.
    I both understand and respect that accomplishment.

My point is that its not TRUE innovation though...

Thats what makes Minato a true genius to me, he was an innovator....it takes genius to come up with a concept never before thought of. But only ingenuity for that to be further refined....

The man who invented the cell phone was clever yes...but the man who came up with the idea of a phone was brilliant....

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato is a true genius and we have yet to see all the fruits of his genius in action yet. Minato left another jutsu for his son to complete....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Decorus View Post
    Minato is a true genius and we have yet to see all the fruits of his genius in action yet. Minato left another jutsu for his son to complete....
    I hope not, it's time for Naruto to figure something out on his own.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its in the manga deal with it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Minato created the Rasengan it's incomplete which means it's not a true invention, he sparked the idea, but it was Naruto who made it whole or will.

New Reply
Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast