Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz Rewards and Weapons

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Rewards and Weapons

that makes no sense though, how can someone possibly know what gantz grades aliens?
    and why cant gantz be pro-microsoft?

oh and also i think that the sword room was always open http://www.onemanga.com/Gantz/135/16/
    look at what izumi says there. then again it could be a mistrans.
    Last edited by Masterchief; August 29, 2008 at 07:38 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i can't believe there's a debate either. that's gotta be the crappiest looking futuristic, alien computer i have ever seen. seriously, it isn't nearly as complex as the bike or the radar device. the thing's got a keyboard combined with a modest monitor. on top of that, microsoft somehow managed to get their brand tagged onto a computer created by a black ball (holy crap, gantz should put the pepsi logo on the x-gun and the coke logo on the y-gun, while dr. pepper gets the rifle), which few people are aware of? omg, bill gates is this god we keep hearing about? so what, gantz gives them a camera, a usb cable, and a comp? don't think so, mate.

let's go back to the fact that there are outlets in the room. hmm, wonder what those could be used for? perhaps one could use it to recharge a battery for a stinking laptop or digital camera. since we already know gantz is capable of completely recharging suits, the outlet would be arbitrarily placed there if gantz had created the laptop. is it really unbelievable that a person could have brought a laptop and camera to the room? come on, there are bound to be photojournalists in japan that would have had both on him when he died (it can be a very dangerous job). on second thought, laptops and cameras couldn't possibly be that rare in japan. as long as gantz has some compatible software available for download, it wouldn't be hard to set kyou's laptop up.

that room wasn't always open. izumi noted that it could only be opened after the ball opened. this is consistent with kudou's failed attempt.
    Last edited by kaliayev; August 29, 2008 at 07:42 PM.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

still thought kinda hard to believe someone could put that together, then again theres still alot we dont know bout gantz.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Gantz is a computer I can see someone hooking a laptop up to him, but he's probably not, and I doubt just anyone could figure that out.

Did anyone ever think Oku just put the windows sybol on because he likes windows? It was probably just a little detail he never thought anyone would notice. If only he knew how obsessive we are

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://manga.bleachexile.com/gantz-c...56-page-6.html
    Not just windows, it has an Intel processor. And it takes a while to translate the reading from the gun into japanese; it shows a bar while it's translating. It's definitely not a reward.
    What the computer was reading would be basic numerical values, not a complete translation of an alien language. It probably just reads the binary code, which may very well be a universal constant, and scans for matches.
    It wouldn't be that hard for a programmer to translate some simple numbers; if they had a way of figuring out the values for the numbers from 1 to 100, that would be all that would be necessary to see how powerful that an alien is. Just connect the gun to the laptop, point it at various aliens and copy the readings, then compare them with the scores after each mission, you could get enough data to build the numerical value system of the foreign computer language after just a few missions. It doesn't appear that the laptop is doing a complete translation of the entire language, just the numerical values for the alien's strength and point value. If there were ten 2 point aliens during the last 3 hunts, and the gun;s basic binary code read 1001100 every time, and it read 1001100 this time, that series of symbols probably means the number 2.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

guess i got owned maybe ?

oh and its laptop -> camera -> x-gun.

Well the 200 and 300 rewards couldnt have been that great if they didnt use em. God i wish gantz just gave em a weapons catalogue.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that some of the rewards are defensive instead of offensive, or something that will be obvious later, but practically impossible to figure out beforehand, like the 6th sense movie.
    Did anybody notice that even though Kuwabara only wore half of his suit, it still worked? I bet that it doesn't really matter much exactly how you wear it, as long as it's touching your body. It's probably designed to protect wearers of several different species, since Gantz evidently can't even tell the difference in humans, dogs and pandas. It may be that the suit's field works as long as it's touching any part of the owner's body. We've seen that the force field protects the wearer's head, even though the suit doesn't cover that area, when Izumi shot Kei in the head while he was wearing it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if there's alot of rewards the Osakans didn't choose just because they involved teamwork, less sadism, safety, or cleanliness. We'll find out soon (hopefully), but defensive rewards are definitely a possibility.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the suit does cover the whole body unless the part it is supposed to be covering is ripped off or the suit loses power. too lazy to find it now but during the chibi mission they ripped the arms off and kei got those hurt.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member croissant's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder if that mecha suit is only usable by oka... I know you can let fellow gantz member use upgraded weapons, but suits? From what I know, suits can't be used by other gantz member since its usually tailored to the user. Imagine oka lending his mecha suit to takeshi or hoi hoi... it just doesn't make sense. I also wonder what happens to the upgraded weapons once the person who bought it gets killed or ejected from the team if he picked option no.1. Does the team lose that weapon?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by croissant View Post
    i wonder if that mecha suit is only usable by oka... I know you can let fellow gantz member use upgraded weapons, but suits? From what I know, suits can't be used by other gantz member since its usually tailored to the user. Imagine oka lending his mecha suit to takeshi or hoi hoi... it just doesn't make sense. I also wonder what happens to the upgraded weapons once the person who bought it gets killed or ejected from the team if he picked option no.1. Does the team lose that weapon?
    Kei was able to ride on the motorbike after Izumi left the door open for him on the dino mission; if Oka ever left the door open for someone I'd say it'd be a safe bet that they'd be able to use it. On the flip side, I'd say that given the nature of the osakan team, I'm sure they'd probably try to get at the mech, given the chance, and so there were probably safeguards in some way/shape/form.

Regarding the rewards being offensive or defensive, it specifically says "You will receive a powerful WEAPON", not "You will recieve a powerful (gift/tool/object/etc)". This seems to indicate the intended purpose of the 100 pt rewards is to simply be able to kill aliens faster, and while some weapons inadvertently provide some defensive bonuses their main purpose still lies in their offensive capabilities.

This also agrees with Gantz's attitude towards human life in general (indifference). Of course, given his relationship with nishi ("Mr. Nishi"), it's also entirely possible that after you clear a couple of times he gives you stronger defensive options, since at that point he's decided you're worth something and that he'd like to keep you around.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well for one the bike isnt a reward so anyone would have access to it, this goes back to wether anyone can open the door or not. Secondly we still dont know for sure that the "a suit per person" rule applies just cuz nishi said it doesnt mean its true but it 99% is. Thirdly we can determine that you get the super suit before the mech as the super suit is needed to power the mech(at least thats what I think) but the super suit should be also custom made since it would make no sense that you cant use someone's regular suit but a suit thats 10x better is available to anyone. You might need the regular suit to use the super suit, oka is seen wearing both.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner putopooche's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

wait..the weapon used by the osakan's can be used by the other hunters like katou.. so it means the items of oka will still remain in osaka gantz room.. i also think that the motor that is in the tokyo gantz room is an item of a died hunter that cleared a hundred points...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 288 Discussion/289 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron View Post
    Aside from that, would I be completely off my rocker to say that it is possibly a gantz mech that made that explosion?
    That would be awesome. I'm dying to see more of the GANTZ equipment that still remains a mystery. Oka introduced us to new suits/equipment we hadn't seen yet, but who knows, there may even be more.

I'm gonna take a moment to share what I think the ultimate reward gantz gives out should be like. Let's say it was unlocked by earning 1,000 points. Its known as the hyper gantz suit. It would be skin-tight, like the original, except it would the caps would be gold instead of blue (because the liquid inside is now yellow). It would also have the elbow blades & palm blasters that Oka's suit had, except the blades are now retractable, and the palm blasters could also be charged to unleash a more devastating blast, capable of leveling entire buildings.

As far as the suits defensive capabilities are concerned, it can withstand twice the amount of damage as the original suit, and it also protects against slicing attacks. Offensively, the suit amplifies its wearers strength three times that of the original. Underneath the suit, the new yellow fluid is being injected into the wearer's veins, where it acts like a drug that slows down time for the user, greatly improving his/her reaction time and reflexes.

Lastly, the suit comes with a built in watch/controller that can make the user invisible and act as a radar. The watch can also be used to summon a gantz motorbike or gantz mecha.

Well, that's my idea of the "ultimate reward" anyway.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vancyer's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 288 Discussion/289 Prediction Thread

wow, thats actually a really really good idea for a reward, maybe not the ULTIMATE reward, but damn, defiantly a very very very good one

Xbox Live GT: BonelessEight

New Reply
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast