Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz Rewards and Weapons

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member The Technical's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 288 Discussion/289 Prediction Thread

I think the ultimate reward is to become a Gantz.
    No están todos los que son, ni son todos los que están.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    That would be awesome. I'm dying to see more of the GANTZ equipment that still remains a mystery. Oka introduced us to new suits/equipment we hadn't seen yet, but who knows, there may even be more.

I'm gonna take a moment to share what I think the ultimate reward gantz gives out should be like. Let's say it was unlocked by earning 1,000 points. Its known as the hyper gantz suit. It would be skin-tight, like the original, except it would the caps would be gold instead of blue (because the liquid inside is now yellow). It would also have the elbow blades & palm blasters that Oka's suit had, except the blades are now retractable, and the palm blasters could also be charged to unleash a more devastating blast, capable of leveling entire buildings.

As far as the suits defensive capabilities are concerned, it can withstand twice the amount of damage as the original suit, and it also protects against slicing attacks. Offensively, the suit amplifies its wearers strength three times that of the original. Underneath the suit, the new yellow fluid is being injected into the wearer's veins, where it acts like a drug that slows down time for the user, greatly improving his/her reaction time and reflexes.

Lastly, the suit comes with a built in watch/controller that can make the user invisible and act as a radar. The watch can also be used to summon a gantz motorbike or gantz mecha.

Well, that's my idea of the "ultimate reward" anyway.
    I too had an idea on a newer gantz suit, my idea is similar to yours but instead the suit kinda acts like a symbiote, when you think of the suit it reforms on your body, also the suit can absorb gantz weapons into it's self, like the X gun, gantz sword and amplify the weapons. it has retractable swords on it's elbow just like Oka's gorilla suit. the suit has lasers on the palm of the hands, as well a helmet that forms whenever you put on the suit.

Also I was thinking of a another prize, something similar to that device that nishi carries except it's somewhat of a storage keep, monowheel, weapons, extra lives etc.
    Last edited by EliteBeatAgents; January 01, 2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: because I can, you know why? because I'm a G

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EliteBeatAgents View Post
    I too had an idea on a newer gantz suit, my idea is similar to yours but instead the suit kinda acts like a symbiote, when you think of the suit it reforms on your body, also the suit can absorb gantz weapons into it's self, like the X gun, gantz sword and amplify the weapons. it has retractable swords on it's elbow just like Oka's gorilla suit. the suit has lasers on the palm of the hands, as well a helmet that forms whenever you put on the suit.

Also I was thinking of a another prize, something similar to that device that nishi carries except it's somewhat of a storage keep, monowheel, weapons, extra lives etc.
    That idea of a symbiotic suit is kind of neat. Its good for clumsy people like me that would probably forget to wear the suit

I'm not a big fan of helmets though. I like how the basic gantz suit protects the head even though its not covered. I would keep it the same for my hyper gantz suit.

Maybe some yellow visor-esque sunglasses would look cool with the black/yellow suit.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NumeroUno's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah if their were helmets we wouldn't get to see peoples faces. Which would take away some of the atmosphere. Helmets would still be cool though.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see that helmets would get in the way of differentiating characters, which could be annoying to readers. Plus it would make them seem like power rangers.

Katou: "Gantz team super mega special awesome force go!" Role Call!

Kurono! Red!

Katou! Blue!

Nishi! Emo Black!

Inaba! Useless Gray!

Doesn't that sound lame?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Amnesiac's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Reika! Transparent!

Sounds good to me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha. You make me lol.

Suzuki! transparent!

Everyone: NO!
    Hikawa: I don't know guys, this is okay with me. ;]

bt srs teim nao. :| :| :|

I liked Oka's suit, but having everyone in one of those would just be down right confusing.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bumbari19's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

the tokyo guys won't get any new suits if they don't earn them following the rules existing so far. then we must see if gantz decides to give them a special katastrophe equipment like he did with the bike in the kappe/dino mission. but for the moment none of them has got an h-gun, a special suit, a bike, a more awesome bike or a giant meccha like the members of the osakan hunters did and i don't see how they'll manage to fight the next even more awesome and freaky generation of aliens with just some x-guns and katou's silly y-gun (though katou rules, but his obsession with his y-gun is just ridiculous)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The bike was never "special", it has always been there for use.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The bike was always their they just nevr checked in tht room
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bumbari19 View Post
    i don't see how they'll manage to fight the next even more awesome and freaky generation of aliens with just some x-guns and katou's silly y-gun (though katou rules, but his obsession with his y-gun is just ridiculous)
    I don't know what you're talking about. The y-gun has proven to be one of the most useful weapons in the gantz arsenal thus far. Every time Katou-kun has used it, the y-gun has been effective.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The bike was always their they just nevr checked in tht room
    in that case they're really morons that they've only used it once! i mean such a bike would have been pretty useful in the last mission for eliminating the mininions in kyou/druggy stile.

Quote Quote:
    I don't know what you're talking about. The y-gun has proven to be one of the most useful weapons in the gantz arsenal thus far. Every time Katou-kun has used it, the y-gun has been effective.
    the point i wanted to make out is simply: the tokyo guys aren't as well equipped as the osakan team. it would be very useful if they had more than just x-guns, y-guns and katana's, since there are some hunters who aren't very skilled plus the next aliens who won't be very easy to kill if nishi should be right.
    apart from this: the y-gun isn't really effective! it worked against four aliens so far:
    1) onion dad with broken arms
    2) tanaka bird without his breathing tubes
    3) little froggy oni (the one attacking the too curious and naive boy during the nuri mission)
    4) little froggie's big bro' whose head was transported away

the ones who the y-gun failed to kill were
    1) thousand-arms, the boss from the buddha mission (i think it was called asura)
    2) dai tengu-san
    3) nuri

i think that's all the times the y-gun was used (please correct me if i'm wrong) and my conclusion is that the y-gun only worked so far on mostly weakened < 5-point aliens, that doesn't make it "one of the most useful weapons in the gantz arsenal thus far". QED
    Last edited by bumbari19; January 03, 2009 at 09:14 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    HA! Y-gun sucks it just took Kato a damn while to realize it on the osaka mission.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bumbari19 View Post
    apart from this: the y-gun isn't really effective! it worked against four aliens so far:
    1) onion dad with broken arms
    2) tanaka bird without his breathing tubes
    3) little froggy oni (the one attacking the too curious and naive boy during the nuri mission)
    4) little froggie's big bro' whose head was transported away

the ones who the y-gun failed to kill were
    1) thousand-arms, the boss from the buddha mission (i think it was called asura)
    2) dai tengu-san
    3) nuri

i think that's all the times the y-gun was used (please correct me if i'm wrong) and my conclusion is that the y-gun only worked so far on mostly weakened < 5-point aliens, that doesn't make it "one of the most useful weapons in the gantz arsenal thus far". QED
    Even if the above three occasions you listed the where the y-gun failed to kill were viable, the x-gun, x-rifle, and even h-gun, have all failed to kill even their targets many more times. The x-gun/rifle failed multiple times on the statue, the h-gun failed several times on tengu, the h-gun also failed more than once on Nuri.

In case you hadn't noticed, the y-gun is not intended to kill. It's intended to capture a target. Its more of a support weapon, and yes, I stand by my original statement that it is one of the most useful pieces of equipment (if used properly the way Katou does).

Every time Katou has used it, it has worked to his advantage. Starting with the Goddess of Mercy Statue, the y-gun (with its lock on capabilities) successfully captured the statue, and transported it. The y-gun succeeded here where the x-gun had previously failed (demonstrating the y-guns superiority on targets capable of dodging the x-gun).

After that mission, Katou was dead for a while, so the next time we saw him utilize the y-gun was in chapter 251 where it worked successfully in transporting that giant alien's head (essentially killing it). Note that in the previous chapter, a small group of Osakans failed to kill that same alien with x-rifles/guns.

In chapter 266, Katou used the y-gun against the giant nude female Nuri. Of course, since the giant female was comprised of several interlocked small nude females, the y-gun couldn't be expected to capture the target. However, Katou used the y-gun as part of a a combination attack, first cutting apart the torso with the y-gun, and then following up with the katana. In my opinion it worked pretty effectively, until he was grabbed (and later saved by Nishi). If he would have used that same tactic, he could have owned Tengu. Capture with y-gun, then immediately follow up with katana = ownage.

That would be my offensive style if I was a gantzer anyway. All I would need is the y-gun to hold an enemy for two seconds and it would be decapitated. This is why I say the y-gun is more of support weapon. It is indeed useful on its own (if you can manage to transport the captured target), but IMO it works even better if used in conjunction with other weapons, such as a katana... or perhaps even an h-gun!

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

i must admit, your point with the usefulness of the y-gun convinced me. but still, imo, it's just a distraction for the enemy so that the hunter can use a more effective weapon. i must also admit the the y-gun just didn't work on enemies who could either change their shape or could break those wires with bare force.
    the x-gun and the h-gun have missed more often? i agree! but the x-gun and the h-gun have made much more victims so far than the y-gun, simply because the hunters preferred those cooler looking and in their opinion more effective weapons to the y-gun. it's good as a distraction, but it's a bad idea to use it alone.

New Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast