Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz Rewards and Weapons

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 288 Discussion/289 Prediction Thread

I agree with samurai in my and many people openion the Y-gun is one of if not the most usefull weapon the tokoyo team currently has
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 288 Discussion/289 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bumbari19 View Post
    i must admit, your point with the usefulness of the y-gun convinced me. but still, imo, it's just a distraction for the enemy so that the hunter can use a more effective weapon. i must also admit the the y-gun just didn't work on enemies who could either change their shape or could break those wires with bare force.
    the x-gun and the h-gun have missed more often? i agree! but the x-gun and the h-gun have made much more victims so far than the y-gun, simply because the hunters preferred those cooler looking and in their opinion more effective weapons to the y-gun. it's good as a distraction, but it's a bad idea to use it alone.
    It's true that the x-gun and h-gun have had more victims, but that is simply because those weapons are used far more frequently than the y-gun. Other than Katou, nobody really uses the y-gun. All of the other weapons are used by basically everyone. I could probably count the number of times the y-gun has been used on one hand. The x-gun/rifle have been used hundreds of times, on all sorts of enemies.

So far we've only seen the y-gun fail to capture and transport Nuri and Tengu, so overall it still has a higher success rate than the other weapons. Shape shifters have been few and far between though (I can only think of Nuri, and that one oni alien that Inaba had sex with).

As far as Tengu goes, he was strong enough to resist the h-gun (multiple times), so what did you expect? Most enemies get outright smashed by the h-gun, so I would say that Tengu was abnormally powerful, and one of the few exceptions that could break free from the y-gun via brute strength.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 289 Discussion/290 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Starzen View Post
    being defeated like that when the suite enables you to dodge bullets. the whole point of the suite is to enable super human speed and strength, that gun has a multi log on function like kurono showed in the past. with that losing is not an option.
    What? This isn't the matrix, the suit doesn't allow you to dodge bullets. Do you understand how fast you'd have to be to dodge a projectile moving at over 1,000 feet per second? The suit allows you to run faster by giving you the added strength of the artificial muscles, however, at best this would allow the average human to run as fast as an Olympic sprinter.

As far as him locking on to them, how is he supposed to do that while he's getting ventilated the MP5Ks of several cops. For those that don't know the MP5K is a tactical sub-machine gun (SMG) made by German arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch (H&K).

Spoiler show

Its a closed-bolt SMG that fires the 9mm parabellum cartridge. It can fire up to 800 rounds per minute (13 per second).

I think Nishi did pretty well killing most of them. These guys seemed to be pretty elite. Probably the Tokushu Kyūshū Butai of the National Police Agency. If he had his controller in hand though, they would have all died.

I love Oku's attention to detail when it comes to guns. Notice the GLOCK 19 at the end too.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; January 06, 2009 at 06:02 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    What? This isn't the matrix, the suit doesn't allow you to dodge bullets. Do you understand how fast you'd have to be to dodge a projectile moving at over 1,000 feet per second? The suit allows you to run faster by giving you the added strength of the artificial muscles, however, at best this would allow the average human to run as fast as an Olympic sprinter.

As far as him locking on to them, how is he supposed to do that while he's getting ventilated the MP5Ks of several cops. For those that don't know the MP5K is a tactical sub-machine gun (SMG) made by German arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch (H&K).

Spoiler show

Its a closed-bolt SMG that fires the 9mm parabellum cartridge. It can fire up to 800 rounds per minute (13 per second).

I think Nishi did pretty well killing most of them. These guys seemed to be pretty elite. Probably the Tokushu Kyūshū Butai of the National Police Agency. If he had his controller in hand though, they would have all died.

I love Oku's attention to detail when it comes to guns. Notice the GLOCK 19 at the end too.
    God I hate SMGs, useless guns, assault rifles on the other hand...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EliteBeatAgents View Post
    God I hate SMGs, useless guns, assault rifles on the other hand...
    Sub machine guns are far from useless.

SMGs have several advantages over assault rifles for CQB (Close Quarters Battle). SMGs are lightweight, have a high rate of fire, accurate at short distances. You'll never see a smart tactical unit like the NAVY SEALs using an M-16 while moving around indoors. Rather than waste time pointing out the obvious, take a look at the preferred CQB weapon of choice for counter-terror units around the world, its the MP5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTVBYlHsIRY

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure about that, if he turned invisible in front of those guys gantz would probably kill him. I bet Nishi had the controller but didn't take the risk of using it.
    Well, if he had the controller on him, he had plenty of time to go invisible before the made entry. Also, it wouldn't make sense that gantz would allow him to show the cops how he can get up being shot dozens of times, but he wouldn't let him turn invisible? He more than likely just didn't bother bringing it with him to school. Either way, the point is that if Nishi could have used his invisibility it, he would have easily owned them.
    Last edited by igotthegoods; January 07, 2009 at 11:23 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    God, I hate people that make misinformed comments when they clearly don't have a clue about firearms. Sub machine guns are far from useless.

SMGs have several advantages over assault rifles for CQB (Close Quarters Battle). SMGs are lightweight, have a high rate of fire, accurate at short distances. You'll never see a smart tactical unit like the NAVY SEALs using an M-16 while moving around indoors. Rather than waste time pointing out the obvious, take a look at the preferred CQB weapon of choice for counter-terror units around the world, its the MP5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTVBYlHsIRY

Well, if he had the controller on him, he had plenty of time to go invisible before the made entry. Also, it wouldn't make sense that gantz would allow him to show the cops how he can get up being shot dozens of times, but he wouldn't let him turn invisible? He more than likely just didn't bother bringing it with him to school. Either way, the point is that if Nishi could have used his invisibility it, he would have easily owned them.
    lightweight yes
    CQC, assault rifles have that ability as well(M4)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Rewards and Weapons

I think 100pts 200pts 300pts exct have there own menus. If you were to clear and just keep banking your points you would get better wishes. Thats
    what i Believe. Example if you banked 700 points you probably get the mecha
    suit or can revive multiple people.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amigo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone think the osaka teams leaders revived each other?
    YO

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they revived each other, was nobu alive I think he was. If he wasn't
    his girl could always revive him. Seeing what kind of team they are, I doubt
    they would revive each other. They'll probably go for more power. But it would be nice to see Osaka's full team again.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    i doubt any of the osakans would revive each other because i remeber when katou saod he was gonna revive kei one of the chicks said somethin like "what are ya retarded?"
    I think Oka would be the one exception to that. I'm pretty sure the survivors woke up a bit after the last mission and they won't have a chance against another mission like that anytime soon "unless" they bring back at least Oka. He was the #1 gantzer in all of Japan, if anyone is worth that revive it's him. Then again if they're totally retarded and are 100% ignorant of everything around them..

Anyways, I'm thinking that the weapon armory system is depending on the # of times you put your points into the weapons. 1st is the BFG, whatever is in-between could be something less obvious like a new power to the regular suit or some useful small trinket and "then" the mecha etc.

We haven't actually seen what shows up when you pick the weapon though, it says WEAPON, as in singular but that could be ONE weapon out of a list of choices with some unlocked later.

Anyways, slightly different takes on some stuff mentioned.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amigo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bellow View Post
    A Possible Reward System, based on the assumption that a "Clear" is 100 points and "Option 2: A Better Weapon" is chosen:

1 Clear= "H-Gun"
    2 Clear= ?
    3 Clear= ?
    4 Clear= ?
    5 Clear= ?
    6 Clear= Powersuit
    7 Clear= Mecha
    5th clear is flying bike i think. perhaps 2nd 3rd 4th 5th...are repeats of h-gun and stuff...that would explain why anzu had one.
    YO

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gantz8213's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    A Possible Reward System, based on the assumption that a "Clear" is 100 points and "Option 2: A Better Weapon" is chosen:

1 Clear= "H-Gun"
    2 Clear= ?
    3 Clear= ?
    4 Clear= ?
    5 Clear= ?
    6 Clear= Powersuit
    7 Clear= Mecha
    I think it's more likely to assume that oka cleared the first time, got the H-Gun, found someone he liked or saved his points, either revived said person or held points past the two hundred mark, then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, are flying bike, powersuit, mecha. And we can assume if this is the case the other guy decided to save his points or revived someone else...we don't know but i think it's more likely that it goes in order then it does a 100 point menu and a 200 point menu and so on....so after you buy the H-Gun, you clear lvl one, and no matter what you use your next 100 points on your always going to go to the 2nd lvl weapon after that...just my personal theroy..

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...

I think the "scaner" of Kyo (The hunter of Osaka) was only a computer connected to a X Gun with a Digital Camera.

The language that could be seen in the monitor was only greek, so it couldn't been hard to find a program to translate it. But the other weird symbols (the non translated score), well...maybe the weren't that hard neither.

Maybe there is an option that allows you to get more than 100 points per mission, that would be useful.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking the flying bike was just Oka using the full potential of the bike to drive up walls and project off things.

The Mecha didn't seem very useful...at all. At most it seems like a shield. It might not have been a reward (but chances are it is).

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ahhh, didn't know this thread existed

very good theory about the bike @cassaruby!

New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast