Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Gantz Rewards and Weapons

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Rewards and Weapons

I know this may have been brought up before but what do you guys think would have happened if Oka had survived the Nuri mission in terms of equipment? He lost his mecha, his flying bike and his G-suit. He probably would get them back in a way similar to that of Gantz suits being normal again.

And while we're on the subject, where the hell does he keep that giant mecha of his?! Most likely it spawns during the hunts only. IMO it's not as good as is seems. It's big, bulky and simply not effective against smaller enemies.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a small portion of the robot it is inside (the cabin maybe?) in one of the rooms.

Before the missions starts he connects his cables to the "cabin" and when he is transfered to the battlezone he appears on top of the mecha.

If that were the case, then all the robot users in the world are unable to use their robots in the catastrophe due to that problem...makes you think if there is going to be a transfer or not.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i also thought it was in the cabin, i think thats likely whats going to be.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Katastrophe's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Before the missions starts he connects his cables to the "cabin" and when he is transfered to the battlezone he appears on top of the mecha.

If that were the case, then all the robot users in the world are unable to use their robots in the catastrophe due to that problem...makes you think if there is going to be a transfer or not.
    Never thought of that before.
    But the giant mecha would be kinda useless in the Katastrophe,even using stealth it would be hard not to notice one,so unless the mecha and it's exposed users are immune to damage they would get killed pretty fast.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

In addition to what Katastrophe said, Oka's mecha was brought down by a monster that Oka managed to kill only with his G-suit. I mean, that minotaur thing was biiiig, but I'm sure it was just like the Giant Buddha alien: huge but nowhere near being worth 100 points.

I don't think the mecha's would stand much of a chance against the hammerheads.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Xenos3421's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well i don't even think Oka was using the mech right.

He kinda just ran through equipment like you go through cars in GTA. For Gantz that mech was grossly underpowered- no main weapons, nothin shown at least, just "brute" strength.

Who knows, it could've been his first time with it and he was playing around. That does seam to be in with his character.

I mean, the whole time Oka was around it really just felt like Oku was showing off all the cool toys that's going to make katastrophy beatable- and come on- If those crummy hammerheads get anti-skyscraper guns the gantz mech should have some crazy gravity laser.

Like Killy's gun.

OOOO shit. That's what gantz needs!! graviton particle emitters for everybody!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Here's another explanation for the swords. They are standard issue. The rewards are successive. The H-gun is always the first reward. Come on, what are the odds that Nishi stumbled upon a second H-gun? What are the odds that nearly everyone has a H-gun in Italy?
    damura knows everything
    swords and cloaking are standard issue, we didnt see them early because everyone was a noob and nishi prefers ranged over melee. the first guy who used the sword came in with 0 points because he had been there before and knew about it
    Last edited by BlackSwimmer; February 04, 2010 at 03:39 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    They are in the same room the vehicles are,nobody knew that until Izumi went in.
    Ya, Izumi got the feel that the door can be open up. Because, Akari and the other guy opened the door before in Gantz minus, and Izumi was involved in that mission too.
    Conquer the mind is a type of FREEDOM

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    I think a small portion of the robot it is inside (the cabin maybe?) in one of the rooms.

It'd be a huge pain in the ass plugging in all those cables one by one before a mission...

We've just seen that the G-suit arms can be transferred onto a Gantzer. Perhaps some new options become available on the little map/frequency changer device thing, such as "transfer armor" or something. Might be the same kind of thing for the mech, although wasn't the flying bike necessary to use it?
    Last edited by Damura; May 15, 2010 at 10:08 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ownage404's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I think it's visible now that the super suit is just an advancement of the normal gantz suit. Look at the part when that Zaibaitsu big wig guy started to fight that giant alien, the super suit just developed over his normal suit. The mecha, well it could be possible that it's stored in that room using the same tech the Giants have(air space compression).

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    If it was in the room you'd see it. Possible that it's 'compressed' somewhere else though. I assumed Oka would have to be sent to another room to be seated in it or he'd transfer straight into it at whatever location the fight is at.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TheAwesomeOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^
    If it was in the room you'd see it. Possible that it's 'compressed' somewhere else though. I assumed Oka would have to be sent to another room to be seated in it or he'd transfer straight into it at whatever location the fight is at.
    Capsule Corp technology? xD Just click and pop convenient Gantz Uber Mech.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Just click and RUN or the mech will crush your body.

New Reply
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16