Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz Rewards and Weapons

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Rewards

But you are still sending perfect idiots(on fighting) on the battlefields without any explanation of how things work...But that is Tokyo's weird Gantz.
    President Netero/My D-A account!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Seta Soujirou's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

How about if you take down a single 100 pointer, you get to choose a special weapon(mecha) or the other regular options?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think he's that cool...

Due to the new info we have today brought to you by Dofla: Spoiling everything so that your life is not really exciting anymore. Haha.

We can now affirm that the suit that Oka possess is a prize won with the points he accumulated.

Now what do you think?
    Last edited by TheGenius; February 26, 2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd also like to add on this:
    Quote Quote:
    It's obvious that the Tokyo Gantz does not volunteer information unless asked, so the Osakan Gantz may bet different in that sense.
    There's quite a bit different about Tokyo people and Osaka people in terms of personality. Tokyo people hardly ever talk to anyone unknown to them in a train, whereas if you were in Osaka(kansai region) people talking to strangers isn't uncommon. So as far as exchanging information and what not, they probably tell people various things without being asked, and leave it up to them whether they believe it or not.

They however probably don't waste their time telling those that don't seem worthy to have such knowledge (old people / kids / animals etc )
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i'm sure that guy is Oka.

When Anzu mentioned Oka, we saw that huge invisible figure on the river, unless there is another guy who got the Menu 5 or more times and Anzu forgot to say something about him, that guy is definetly Oka.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Milo Bellow's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

A Possible Reward System, based on the assumption that a "Clear" is 100 points and "Option 2: A Better Weapon" is chosen:

1 Clear= "H-Gun"
    2 Clear= ?
    3 Clear= ?
    4 Clear= ?
    5 Clear= ?
    6 Clear= Powersuit
    7 Clear= Mecha

The "H-Gun" was an option chosen by all the Osakan team who had 1 or more "Clears" except the smackhead on the bike and maybe that was only because it is unwieldy on the bike (also assuming Oka must have one).
    The way the Osakan team is so open about points and "Clears" as something to brag about and be proud of, makes the "banking" system hard to concieve. As much as I really want there to be a "200 Point Menu" etc, their attitude leans more towards a simple "100 points= 3 options" and they have always chosen "option 2".
    I blame Oka for the Osakan teams attitude to the Hunt, after all, he was already 3xClear when the current/late decapitated 4xClear first joined the Osakan team. Oka would have been hugely intimidating to anyone entering Gantz-land, remember how powerful Izumi was after just 1xClear? Oka was already so powerful that those who came after had a much easier time than the Tokyo team ever has had. This has allowed them to power play and indulge in all manner of entertainment during a Hunt. I wouldn't be surprised if Oka is just waiting until most of them die before wading in.

More thoughts to follow...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a theory. What if Oka used some of his clears to revive people?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a big nono, quoting myself...
    Quote Quote:
    Hmm I Doubt the laptop is one of them, there is probably someone very electronic savy in this room that connected the Gun to the computer. I does contain info by scanning the alien which comes "free".

About the Gaps...speculating is easy when we have info about other Osakan Gantzers.
    Which can also be denied if they revived someone.

Shimaki Tho'(Georges) : 3X still had the BFG so under that we can discard any other thoughts of better weapons or suits because I'm pretty sure he would've have chosen it to get an edge. Point Count HERE.
    Muroya Nobuo: 4x , still has the BFG, same applies to him.
    Kyou: 2x but did not hold any improved weapon.

Sooo, the fun most probably starts at 5 times cleared.

And Welcome Milo! Glad to see interesting posts!
    We'd have to see Oka's personality but they don't look like the reviving type.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron View Post
    Here's a theory. What if Oka used some of his clears to revive people?
    Given the weapon distribution we've seen so far, it's far more likely that the other Osakans revived than Oka. Keep in mind that if this is the case, this use was probably earlier in their careers. After reviving someone and seeing how much more useful the weapons were, they probably decided against using that option again. Who knows, maybe Nobu used one of his clears to revive who he thought was the most attractive dead person in the data bank and make her his #$!& buddy.

Milo, the fact that there's only a three clear difference between Nobu and Oka makes the banking system more plausible. Note that the 100 point menu says "you will be given an extremely powerful weapon" not "one of many powerful weapons." The item is fixed. Besides, if gantz has a 100 point menu and counts points beyond 100, there's gotta be a 200 point menu in there and so on. Otherwise, he'd just cap it at 100 and negate leftover points. The problem is that no one from the Tokyo team's tried banking. Keep in mind that there's a variety of menu combinations Oka could've used if this is the case (100-200-300, 100-200-400, 100-500, 100-600), while the 100 point menu is fixed and limited. I doubt gantz would change it based on something arbitrary like clear counts. if this were the case, izumi would have been given a different option since technically, he had cleared twice.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Milo Bellow's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaliayev, we cannot say for certain that when a person chooses "option1" and leaves/loses memory, they then are still part of the game. If anything, it is the opposite, they leave the game, end of story. Therefore, the fact that Izumi cleared once and left/lost his memory, does not count at all towards which weapon he would of gotten had he not died beforehand. Izumi's clear does not even count at all really. The Osaka team that have cleared did so consequetively, without dying or leaving, something that the Tokyo team have never experienced before.

I still lean towards the simple 100 per "more powerful weapon" option, and when that option is chosen once already by someone, they get another new weapon. Even though only the Hammer Gun is evidence of this so far, to argue that there aren't any more new weapons to be seen is limited in vision, not good for a prediction that.
    Last edited by Milo Bellow; March 07, 2008 at 12:01 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the H Gun is the only second option weapon, until finishing the game 5 times.

Then the option changes to the Specially Made Suit and the Mecha...

Yes...no more H Guns for you, five or four are enough...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skittles's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i doubt any of the osakans would revive each other because i remeber when katou saod he was gonna revive kei one of the chicks said somethin like "what are ya retarded?"

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    i doubt any of the osakans would revive each other because i remeber when katou saod he was gonna revive kei one of the chicks said somethin like "what are ya retarded?"
    My point exactly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about this reward system in the global perspective for a couple days now. So far, I think we know of three other countries (may be wrong) that have gantz balls. According to Nishi and Izumi, Japan is lagging behind everyone else in the "race." Now, it may be that they were limited in their knowledge of Japan's hunters, but Izumi and Nishi referred to Japan as a whole rather than just Tokyo, so I think they at least know most of Japan's limits. We have to ask ourselves: where does this put the Osakans? Are they the best Japan has to offer? They've taken on a 100 pointer before, while the Tokyo team has only just heard of the possibility. Is a 7xer really someone worthy of praise in the global perspective? I just want to reiterate that I think we should keep in mind that Japan is thought of as low tier. Bwa ha ha, mechas suck. XD

One of the main reasons I disagree with the auto-upgrade system is the fact that it places way too much stress on the limited 100 point menu. If gantz were to automatically upgrade this menu with every clear, by default, every other option would have to be upgraded as well. Eventually, option 1 would have to come with a nice add-on that allows one to keep one's memory. Option three would also have to expand, allowing the revival of more and more people. This problem is easily addressed with higher point menus, such as a 200 point menu. The options, while being higher quality, remain constant. I really don't think I can put enough stress on the idea that gantz would most likely keep rewards constant. I mean, he's a complete douche. Why would he let anyone get better weapons that easily? It would fit his personality more to force people to get 200 or more points each time they wanted to access higher options.

A rumor's been flying around that the 10x reward allows an individual to become a gantz ball. I personally disagree with this since it sounds like a crappy reward to me, unless one is kept in a constant state of ecstasy. If we look at it this way, gantz pretty much becomes a pyramid scheme for the collection of points. Starting at the origin ball, a person managed to clear ten times and became a ball, which was sent to a new location. The process would continue on until we finally have the gantz ball that we know and love. Meanwhile, the top dogs are benefiting from the stream of points, while the lowest players get stuck with all the work and none of the perks.
    Last edited by kaliayev; March 09, 2008 at 10:21 AM.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kusomaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I agree with the idea that H-Guns are 1-clear weapons just because the three sadists possessed them. The guns seem to be passed around from person to person. You don't see the Tokyo team arguing over it. "HEY! That's MY X-gun!"

It's possible that they used to belong to previously deceased members, and the sadists just acquired them in the middle of a mission by picking them up. Or even the Osakans gave the H-Guns to them so they didn't have to use the "weak" stuff.

I'm pretty sure one of the characters theorized that the H-Guns were the result of selecting option 2 multiple times. I don't know why Oku would put that in there as a red herring.

New Reply
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast