Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiraiya's Code

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Windmillblade's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jiraiya's Code

i think its something simple like body switch or something.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's useless to break the code until we find out later details. The only thing we know about the numbers is that all of them added together is 383, the chapter in which they were presented.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

for all we noe it could mean nothing, prolli a diversion just to hide the real code

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrcongojack's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Frankie! Because you pointed out that the numbers added up to 383, the chapter it appeared in, I had a "House" moment and came up with this theory:

Perhaps the code isn't for the "narutoverse", but for us, which is why Kishimoto displays the numbers so bluntly.

The code is
    9, 31,08
    106, 7
    207, 15

What if the numbers represent chapters/pages in the manga? the first number in each number segment (9, 106, 207) represents the chapter number, and the second (or third) number represents the page in the manga!

The only problem is, chapter 9 doesn't have 31 pages, so perhaps that refers to volume 9 and and the other two are chapters.

Volume 9

Spoiler: page 31 show

*Note: I'm not sure if this one is the right page, there's a "numbering conflict" at onemanga, they start at "00" for the cover page, so I went with what they called "11" which would be twelve if including the cover.

Spoiler: page 8 show

Chapter 106
    Spoiler: page 7 show

Chapter 207
    Spoiler: page 15 show

What does this all mean? I have no idea. It may have something to do with chakra strings, Shikamaru's kagemane, testing your existence and those weird chakra ghost/beast things of Tayuya. This is again, just a theory, but my main point is that Kishimoto made Jiraiya's code so clear to allow us to figure out Pain's secret. Why else would the code add up to 383? Coincidence? I doubt it. Perhaps it is a fake clue. I can't tell. But it sure is interesting.

EDIT: Alternatively, the first line of the code could refer to chapter 9, page 8 and chapter 31, page 8.
    Spoiler: Chapter 9 page 8 show

Spoiler: Chapter 31 page 8 show
    Last edited by mrcongojack; February 03, 2008 at 06:16 PM.
    Everyone who was on this board when I signed up has either been banned or left.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    What does this all mean? I have no idea. It may have something to do with chakra strings, Shikamaru's kagemane, testing your existence and those weird chakra ghost/beast things of Tayuya. This is again, just a theory, but my main point is that Kishimoto made Jiraiya's code so clear to allow us to figure out Pain's secret. Why else would the code add up to 383? Coincidence? I doubt it. Perhaps it is a fake clue. I can't tell. But it sure is interesting.
    I honestly just think it's just a bunch of random numbers, and Kishi will eventually pinpoint them to that book that Jiraiya wrote, the book brought up in his flashback. It could all simply be a coincidence where Kishi works out the later details, but I'm not entirely sure.

What's interesting to note is that Pein vs Jiraiya does have something in common with Orochimaru vs Sarutobi. Sarutobi officially fell shortly before chapter 140, in chapter 138 to be specific. Jiraiya officially fell in chapter 383 as he sank in the swamp. When did Part II start? Chapter 245. 383 - 245 = 138. I don't think this interesting tidbit is sheer coincidence.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i think this is like if you see the number 23 everywhere....OMG STUPID FILM STRIKES BACK IN MY HEAD....must ..... forget.....must....*dead*
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrcongojack's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    I honestly just think it's just a bunch of random numbers, and Kishi will eventually pinpoint them to that book that Jiraiya wrote, the book brought up in his flashback. It could all simply be a coincidence where Kishi works out the later details, but I'm not entirely sure.
    I don't think Kishi would waste a panel on some random numbers. For one thing, there' s only so much space in a 17 page manga and if the numbers didn't have significance that close up of the code would have been better used for more fight scenes (ex. Another Pain body goes after the frog or something).

Besides, why would Kishi make the code so obvious if it wasn't some sort of code to the readers? That is not his style. He likes to toy with his readers, keep them in the dark as long as possible. Remember how long he had us going with the whole "who is Naruto's father" bit, or "the secret of the MS"? He enjoys making us wait, it's like a sickness with him. If it was as simple as "pages in his book"(which I doubt it is, because I doubt authors memorize the exact wording of their books and what sentence/paragraph was on what page) why give it two good shots? Seeing as the book does not exist, the code would have no real meaning to the readers in this circumstance.

I suppose if he had written a "reference" of many different types of jutsu, he may have had a vague idea of what chapter or section certain different topics would be in. But, as I said, if this was the case why give us two good shots of the code? One blurry shot of nonsense numbers would have sufficed, and would have left room for more important things to be included into the chapter.
    Last edited by mrcongojack; February 06, 2008 at 07:51 PM.
    Everyone who was on this board when I signed up has either been banned or left.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amatersu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pages in the Bingo book? Or, as has been said, pages from his books? It could be that each page has an interaction with one of the already seen bodies on it plus the original body of Nagato making a grand total of 7. Or in the Bingo book, each page is one of the persons...ahhh. Like mrcongojack said, Kishimoto will probably reveal it to us in 20 chapters or so.
    frack.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Jiraiya's Code

Quote Originally Posted by TuNDrA-KuN View Post
    Well, everybody knows that Jiraiya has left a secret code or message. Well, what would it be?

My Theory:
    Well, i think that, that numbers are the pages of the book that he has written in his journey arround the world when he met the others peins, and to know pein's secrets or how to defeat him, they (someone) have to read the book in the orderof the numbers...
    Your theory sounds good but I think no one in Konoha can make sense of Pervy Sage's secret code, he may have written who Pein is and his secrets in toad language.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Windmillblade's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think we are looking at the simplist idea too much . lets start of with the simple questions. how is it possible that he has body's of ninjas he has previously beaten? and why those particular ones? why bring them out when he had to fight jiraiya? wouldn't he know jiraiya would notice? was pein giving him a sign?how did he come back with more after killing the initial ones?what numbers are you guys referring too? maybe pein had tabs on jiraiya for a very long time using zetsu? how could he have those ninjas from his past?now look at what jiraiya could have possibly noticed? he found the answer after knowing about the ninjas he had beaten.
    somewhere between the time he noticed this and the time they beat his throat in at close range he noticed the so called secret.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrcongojack View Post
    Thank you Frankie! Because you pointed out that the numbers added up to 383, the chapter it appeared in, I had a "House" moment and came up with this theory:

Perhaps the code isn't for the "narutoverse", but for us, which is why Kishimoto displays the numbers so bluntly.

The code is
    9, 31,08
    106, 7
    207, 15

What if the numbers represent chapters/pages in the manga? the first number in each number segment (9, 106, 207) represents the chapter number, and the second (or third) number represents the page in the manga!

The only problem is, chapter 9 doesn't have 31 pages, so perhaps that refers to volume 9 and and the other two are chapters.

Volume 9

*Note: I'm not sure if this one is the right page, there's a "numbering conflict" at onemanga, they start at "00" for the cover page, so I went with what they called "11" which would be twelve if including the cover.

Chapter 106

Chapter 207

EDIT: Alternatively, the first line of the code could refer to chapter 9, page 8 and chapter 31, page 8.

nice. You actually did look up in the previous chapters. thanx!. i was waiting for someone to do this. im too lazy.

Im also thinking it might mean character number or strokes in japanese kanji or something,

like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_stroke_count
    9 strokes, radical 31 or 31th character or sumthing.
    Last edited by jiro; February 08, 2008 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrcongojack View Post

The code is
    9, 31,08
    106, 7
    207, 15

Volume 9

Chapter 106

Chapter 207

For One thing, I don't believe the code was destined to US, readers; at last, something in konoha or the Toad sage will find out the code, if the code was a hint to us, how exactly the people of narutoverse would decrypter it? if the numbers are pages of the Naruto manga, the people on naruto couldn't understand this code, because in their universe, there isn't a naruto manga...

Quote Originally Posted by Windmillblade View Post
    i think we are looking at the simplist idea too much . lets start of with the simple questions. how is it possible that he has body's of ninjas he has previously beaten? and why those particular ones? why bring them out when he had to fight jiraiya? wouldn't he know jiraiya would notice? was pein giving him a sign?how did he come back with more after killing the initial ones?what numbers are you guys referring too? maybe pein had tabs on jiraiya for a very long time using zetsu? how could he have those ninjas from his past?now look at what jiraiya could have possibly noticed? he found the answer after knowing about the ninjas he had beaten.
    somewhere between the time he noticed this and the time they beat his throat in at close range he noticed the so called secret.
    Agreed with you, I'm really serious to decrypter the code, but I still believe there's one thing missing, the most important thing to decrypt it and with this missing thing, all the truth will be revealed
    I think the entity "Pain" is somehow related to Jiraya, look at this:

the fact we already have:

-The prophecy day: "Jiraya will train a person, and this person will bring the a great balance or the total destrucion to the world;
    Jiraya will travel the world and write a book, maybe a book with all of the beautiful things in the world;
    And then, the time will come to Jiraya makes a choice, and this choice will be the trigger to the balance or destruction to the world."

-After the prophecy, Jiraya went in a travel in the world, just like the great Toad sage said, and began to write the book(Still I'm uncertain about the book's contents, but I believe its contents are the beautiful things in the world)

-In his travel, Jiraya was challenged by a man from Fuuma clan, during their fight, the man got a scar in his forehead

-Jiraya then meets with several ninjas from many villages( I believe all this encounters were during his travel) but we don't know if Jiraya fought with all of them

-Years later, Jiraya, Tsunade and Orochimaru found three kids around Amegakure(if I'm not mistaken); Jiraya then stay with them to train them; The kid's name are Konan, Nagato and Yahiko

-In the training, eventually a strange nin showed up right in front of the 3 kids, then a misterious event happens: Nagato, with a strong desire to save his friends, killed this nin, and in that moment, Jiraya found out that Nagato had achieved the Rinnegan, the legendary eyes, said to be the most powerful of the 3 eyes, but even jiraya is surprised, because no one have ever seen these eyes before.

-After 3 years of training, then Jiraya left the 3 kids, now they're already become more strong to survive.

-Several years later, Jiraya was going to fight with the Akatsuki leader, and he went to Amegakure; there, he again found Konan, but this time as an akatsuki member, soon after their battle began, the leader showed up, and Jiraya called him "Nagato", because Pain has the same eyes of Nagato

-Their fight begins: The Pain right in front of Jiraya could only summons, nothing else, then Jiraya activate the Hermit mode, and after that, Pain summons anothers 2 people with Akatsuki cloth, and Jiraya was surprised because these 2 people also have the rinnegan

- A fierce battle begins, for a moment seems Jiraya would Win, as he used a powerful genjutsu to trap Pain and the others 2 people and finally gave the merciless attack, apparently killing all the three.

-but for his surprise, Jiraya was caught in a surprised attack by another person with the rinnegan, and loses his left arm in the process.

-After That, Jiraya was in shocked, because right in front of him,2 people, all with the rinnegan and akatsuki cloth showed up, The 6 of them called themselves "Pain" and the most shocking thing is that apparently their leader(because of the Akatsuki ring) is Yahiko! But now Yahiko also has the Rinnegan, How it's possible?

-Jiraya then finally got one Pain in his trap, kinf of a barrier, and this Pain was the first he fought, the one qho could only summons

-Jiraya thinks this man is the real Nagato, but for his surprise, when the man's forehead protector falls, Jiraya recognize this man as the man that he fought Years before, the man from the fuuma clan with the scar in his forehead! (maybe here Jiraya already got a hint who Pain really is)

-Totally astonishing, Jiraya then decides to make his choice, the prophecy's choice and find out the true identity of Pain, because he believes that anyone won't be able to get this chance again, as he will fight again with Pain

-after left the barrier, then Jiraya could see all of the other "Pains" and finally recognizes them as ninjas that he had encontered in the past

-With so many flashbacks, since the time of the prophecy, Jiraya finally find out who is really Pain, but before he could speak the truth, One of the Pains crushed his throat, and the others 4 stabbed him, and Jiraya die.

-But with his last will to live, Jiraya returns to the life and write a code in the Pa's back: a series of numbers:

9, 31,08
    106, 7
    207, 15

and he asks to Pa to deliver this code(maybe great toad or Konoha, still is unclear

* Well, so far that's all we know, maybe there one more piece to the puzzle, but for now, let's use this facts to try to discover at least something about Pain.

ps: and if you guys really want to know more about Pain's powers, just click in my sig, hehe!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kyuubifrique's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Ill probably get kicked off of mangahelpers for this, but I cant help it. Maybe, the numbers are the GPS location of Naruto's mother's clan which will help him to find/create some super jutsu/weapon to defeat Pein. Lol. But big props for the concept though....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sariachan's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

GPS?! Well, if in the Naruto there was something like that, this would have been the best theory ever! XD

Imho,the only element in the code we can analyze a little is "08".
    Now, the complete code is:
    9, 31, 08
    106, 7
    207, 15

Why the only number under 10 to be written with a zero is "08"? This seems strange to me, and maybe it's the key to solve this mistery.
    Any opinions? ^^

I accept cosplay masks, props and other type of commissions, please visit my deviantART gallery!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a certain date or certain number that will trigger a memory related to it. Also, the code has two numbers below ten, the 08, and the 7.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast