Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by j0ka View Post
    Yup! They won... Anyone seen the owner of the Dolphins crying for that one win? I was like wow, can't blame him though. I was hoping the Dolphins would win against the Pats. Come on think about that... Unbelievable right? Heh.

Dallas lost. Now 12-2 with us. Jessica Simpson a bad Omen anyone?
    Yeah I thought that was kind of lame to be honest. The celebration was a bit too much, jumping on the backs of some of the Ravens team members. Show some class, act like you've been there before for pete's sake.

I don't buy into that ESPN peddled garbage. It's merely a coincidence IMO. Know one would be saying it if the cameraman didn't focus on her every two minutes. It's all hype.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason the Miami players went crazy was because they HADN'T been there before all year, heh! And they probably were starting to think that they never would be. I think it's all easily forgiven either way, considering their circumstances. Their owner was even considering selling the team out of embarrassment!

Actually Jessica Simpson was at two other games that the Cowboys won anyways, they really did make too big a case out of that. -_- Give more credit to the Eagles' defense, geez. By the way, I think the Eagles are definitely the best team out of all the teams that WON'T be going to the playoffs. Too bad for them...
    Last edited by Gold Knight; December 21, 2007 at 07:32 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MadDog's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Cowboys fans are nuts to complain about Jessica Simpson. If her sister was singing at halftime or something, then I'd understand, but good lord is she fun to look at. The Eagles always play well against the Cowboys too.

Anyway, I think Pittsuburgh just lost Fast Willie Parker for the playoffs, which they seem to be a lock for. Najeh Davenport is a pretty good backup, but that's going to be tough for them.

Also, good for the Tuna, going to Miami for a couple of years. He's in a good situation since they couldn't possibly get any worse. They'll probably be a decent team a few years down the road, once he's helped them rebuild and then moved on.
    Last edited by MadDog; December 21, 2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Forgot about the Tuna

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call it a lock for the Steelers just yet, although they do have a better chance than the Titans at this point (since the Titans have to play the Colts in their last game). Still, nothing's guaranteed until the Steelers beat the Ravens.

Not sure about Miami being a better place than Atlanta for Bill Parcells. At least he had a better nucleus of young players in Atlanta than he'll have in Miami. But either way it'll be a challenge, and I suppose he does know the divison, having been a Patriots and Jets coach

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I probably did jump the gun a bit with the Steelers being a lock. My gut tells me they'll get in there though. They can actually clinch the AFC North this week if either the Bengals beat the Browns, or the Jets beat the Titans, but I seriously doubt either will happen.

The Titans should beat the Jets this week and will make things interesting vs. the Colts in week 17. They came close to beating them in week 2, plus the Colts may decide to limit the playing time for some of their starters to give them some extra rest.

Yeah, Parcells would have had more talent to work with in Atlanta, no question. I'm guessing he probably didn't want to deal with the lingering effects of the Vick scandal. He may have also decided that, from a non-football standpoint, Miami was the place to be if he's going to go back to work for a few more years. Don't remember if he got more money, which is another motivating factor.
    Last edited by MadDog; December 22, 2007 at 11:14 PM.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Browns surprisingly lost, and the Steelers did clinch their division as a result.

Titans control their destiny now, be interesting to see what happens...

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    Well, the Browns surprisingly lost, and the Steelers did clinch their division as a result.

Titans control their destiny now, be interesting to see what happens...
    It looks like Manning, Clark, and Addai won't be playing much, if at all in week 17. The Titans have a better chance at getting in to that 6th seed than the Browns do at this point...and I love it. Browns fans are some of the most obnoxious people around, and their team never does anything to warrant their arrogance. They've never won a Super Bowl, and haven't won a division since 1989, yet every year they get pounded by the Steelers, Ravens, and even Bengals. They happen to have a good offense this year, but that defense is pitiful.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They're saying that Marvin Harrison has been practicing, and could be available for limited play on Sunday. Dungy also said that if Harrison does play, he might keep Manning in the game longer so they can work on their timing. Looks like Albert Haynesworth is gong to play too, which will definetly help the Titans.

The Browns basically need the Titans to lose in order to get into the playoffs. It doesn't even matter if they win their own game against the 49ers. There's also a scenario where the Browns can get in if there is a TIE, but it's kind of rediculous (there's been 16 tie's in nearly 8,000 games...not that anyone cares). I know I've never seen or heard of a Tie game. Anyone else?

The team that gets me nervous going into the playoffs is Jacksonville. They've won 6 out of their last 7, with their only loss coming in a close game against Indy. (they've actually lost to Indy twice this year) Fred Taylor has been tearing it up, and they'll go up against either the Stealers or Chargers in the first round - both of which they've already beaten this year. That doesn't mean they'll definetly win, but shows they can match up well. It's crazy to think they didn't have on pro-bowl player this year.
    Last edited by MadDog; December 27, 2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Indy

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Having no Pro-Bowlers just means that their more team-oriented; everyone does their part. It doesn't help that their a small-market team either.

You're right, regardless of what the Browns do against the 49ers, the Titans win and they're in. If they lose, the Browns are in.

I think a game resulting in a tie hasn't happened since the 2002 season or something. It was a game involving the Raiders...I think...I'm going on pure memory here.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I vaguely remember watching that game, I think it was a Steelers game.

Anyway, yes the Colts do seem like they're going to play all out for three quarters at least, so it depends on if the Titans can keep up with them until then. If they can, then they have the fourth quarter to themselves.

I'm not too worried about Jacksonville. They weren't able to beat Indianapolis and they lost to Tennessee as well. They only beat the Titans in the second game because the Titans happened to be missing Al Haynesworth in that game and we had absolutely no rush defense.

Aha, it was a Steelers-Falcons game.
    Last edited by Gold Knight; December 29, 2007 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for looking up the Tie game - it still seems crazy to me that it happens.

I think it's kind of cool that a lot of the "storied" franchises in the NFL are in the playoffs. Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, Redskins, Giants, Patriots, Colts. Definetly makes things more interesting.

The best game in the first round, I think, will be Titans vs. San Diego. There's some bad blood after their last game, so it's going to be a slugfest.

And even though I was praising the Jaguars before, I don't think they can overcome Pittsurgh's D. This is the first time Jacksonville has been in the playoffs this decade, which is maybe not such a big deal, but I think playoff experience counts for something. Still not sure which team I'd rather have the Pats face. Even though the Pats didn't have much trouble against the Steelers this year, they've been having trouble with great defensive teams lately. Not sure if Polamalu played in that game either...I don't think he did.

Also, wasn't really surprised that the Ravens fired Billick. He's a good coach, but he never really got the offense going there. Plus, the team was struggling before they almost beat the Pats, but it seems like they completely fell apart after that. He'll end up somewhere. Maybe Miami will give him a shot.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah good luck to whoever's team gets Billick. I like Billick...nice guy, but his offense is bland. The only year the offense was viable was in 2003, but Jamal Lewis had to rush for over 2,000 yards and rush for over 500 yards (2 games) against Cleveland (his current team). Even then we had no real passing game. Now you could say that since Lewis was such a horse that season, we didn't have to have a passing game, but we still didn't win in the playoffs. With a stud like Lewis we STILL couldn't amass any sort of deep passing game, except in one bizaree game against Seattle when we came back to win 43-40 or something to that effect. If that isn't an indictment on someone's offensive ability, I don't know what is. Even with the worst receivers, and good offensive coach can take advantage of a INSANE running game and run play action rollouts and get something going. Nope.

Ever since then we've never had any success on offense. Last season we didn't make many mistakes on offense, and we road our defense and Matt Stover's foot into the playoffs, much like in 2000 when we won the Super Bowl.

This season we added a more versatile running back in McGahee, but we didn't use him correctly IMHO. We got rid of Jamal Lewis, but we still ran plays as if McGahee was him...and that just isn't the case. Even with a horrible offense McGahee still finished 8th in rushing yards...by some miracle. We lost our biggest receiving threat, Todd Heap to injury. Three positions on our line were filled by rookies(Grubbs, Yanda) or 2nd year starters (Brown). We had even more injuries on defense, yet they still held up as being one of the league's best defenses even with losing Trevor Pryce, Both of our Cornerbacks, Samari Rolle and Chris McCalister, Ray Lewis for two games, Ed Reed for three games. Our defense still held up...yet our offense sucked. Billick was an offensive coordinator with the Vikings...a prolific scoring offense. He was a Bill Walsh, West Coast offense guy. We saw none of that while he was here.

So...good luck to the Eagles if they hire him as a consultant...whatever.

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, the Patriot's won. Go figure :/

And YAY, the Giants v GB game just went into overtime, and GB just won the coin toss. I'm not really rooting for either team here, since most of my teams are AFC, but I doubt either of them can beat the Pats. Which is why I wont bother staying up and watching the Super Bowl this year

I'm back :3

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HisshouBuraiKen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The NFL Thread

GIANTS WIN
    GIANTS FUCKING WIN
    FUCK YES ELI
    DISCUSS

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!

Moderator message by: rb
    why must you mock me? anyway, moving to appropriate section
    Last edited by rhapsody blue; February 03, 2008 at 10:20 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GIANTS WIN

football sucks in general so this topic is irrelevant ;p lol

hockey > football

i also dont get why the hell ppl get so fucking riled up over watching somebody throw a piece of rubber/plastic around -.-
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

New Reply
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast