Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GIANTS WIN

Its always great to see the underdogs win, and this win was more special cuz they will always be remembered as the team that stopped perfection, a true Cinderella story.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, i am excited for the giants

as a colts fan, i naturally had to root for the other manning. i always like the underdog upset anyway. this was a much better game than i had imagined. the giants' defense really deserves a round of applause. that's where the game was won. nice job, guys

side note: 100th post!

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HisshouBuraiKen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

drunk

happy

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

edit: sorry rb too drunk to see sports section

wajebrfouwbfeouwbfwheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I watched it too on french televisoon

and I must say I liked the game because it was very strategic (great defense game by the giants) and there was a lot tension

Of course I am more neutral than americans since they are more into this sport (Must say I like it)

and I was for the underdog: ny giants and I cheered when that last touchdown was made - the QB manning was great in that last +2 minutes of the last time
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

I'm not into rooting for a NY team in any scenario, but I must say that regardless of who was playing the Patriots this year, I wanted them to lose. Great game, great plays. The Bowl was worth watching this year. Unlike last year, lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MadDog's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Giants fans. Things were too good for too long for us NE sports fans...

I'm actually kind of getting a kick out of seeing everyone moping around. It's like they've forgoten Boston's long and proud history of choking in the big game (more red sox than pats I guess, but they were terrible for years). Sports talk radio is like listening to grief counseling...it's rediculous. Don't get me wrong, I wanted them to win (just by less than 12 points).
    Last edited by MadDog; February 06, 2008 at 08:40 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Moping around seems like the appropriate response to going 18-1 and losing to 12 point underdogs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MadDog's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't disagree with you there. It sucks they lost, but it was still a fun season and I'll take 18-1 over, let's say.............5-11 every time.
    Last edited by MadDog; February 07, 2008 at 07:50 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Yeah, I don't disagree with you there. It sucks they lost, but it was still a fun season and I'll take 18-1 over, let's say.............5-11 every time.
    What are you trying to say?

The Ravens don't go 5-11 every year.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was so happy that the Pats lost.

I couldn't give two shits that the Giants won (Good for them btw). I was just so fucking pumped up to see the shittiest organization in all of the NFL lose. It was pure awesome and epic.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I was happy that the Patriots lost, too.

I'm a bit biased towards the Manning boys, so it was just good to see Brady fall in consecutive years to them - but at the same time, it's crazy that the last loss Brady suffered before Super Bowl XLII was to Peyton in the AFC Championship game the year before. The Patriots put up one of the most dominating performances in any regular season ever, and they choked in the end. I think that's going to really besmirch their legacy.

But I was really glad for the Giants. Quite a story they have there to tell. It was that Eli to Tyree catch that basically won the game for them, I think, besides the superb defensive effort they put forth.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    I was so happy that the Pats lost.

I couldn't give two shits that the Giants won (Good for them btw). I was just so fucking pumped up to see the shittiest organization in all of the NFL lose. It was pure awesome and epic.
    That's purely your opinion though. It's clear to me that the Jets, Cardinals, and Raiders are all "shittier" organizations. That being said, the Pats coach is still a cheater and a tool. So he did himself no favors there.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    That's purely your opinion though. It's clear to me that the Jets, Cardinals, and Raiders are all "shittier" organizations. That being said, the Pats coach is still a cheater and a tool. So he did himself no favors there.
    Yup, I know. "Shitty" for me is a piece of shit organization from top to bottom. From the people at the top of the organization to it's fans. More accurately, the majority of the fans who don't live in New-England. I actually like the N-E fans. However, the vast majority of the Pats fans who aren't in N-E are huge cunts. They're all bandwagon jumpers who have a huge hard-on for Tom Brady. Where were these so-called "fans" when the franchise was having losing records? Cheering for Montana? Then Aikmen? Then Favre? I have no respect for you. Once Brady becomes old and past his peak, you'll just jump on the next star player bandwagon (If they haven't already.)

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

So it looks like the Bills will be playing a regular season game in Toronto starting next year. Are people in Canada embracing this? Or do they only care about the CFL?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends where in Canada. Out West, they might care in the province of British-Columbia. In Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba is probably irrelevant. Most them like their local produce, ie. CFL. Ontario cares a lot. They say that about half the people who go to the Buffalo games are from somewhere in Ontario. Then they said the games in Toronto would be giving them twice the profit that they would be getting if the game was held in Buffalo. As for Quebec, Quebec cares. The NFL is already pretty popular here, and Quebec has one of the best (If not the best) Football Programs at L'université de Laval in all of Canada. As for the Eastern Provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scota, Newfoundland & PEI), I'm not sure they care a whole 'lot, but I don't know to be honest.

But overall the biggest concern is the health of the CFL. A lot of people think that the CFL is going to die from this. I'm not really one of those people, though. There's plenty of things the CFL can do to avoid getting crushed by the NFL. Instead of starting the season in early June, start in early May, or even late April.

In any case, let's see what happens.
    Last edited by GGpX; February 10, 2008 at 05:21 PM.

New Reply
Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast