Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The American Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHatake
    Amused? ;__; How depressing

>< I love the Vikings, I do, but I wish they'd have ONE good season ><
    I mean I was amused at the score being so low scoring (it was just 9-7) - NFL Network's having a hard time with ratings and most of their games are blowouts, but a close game like that is usually pretty boring (unless you love defense.) I have nothing against the Vikes

Quote Quote:
    Yeha, they're one one heck of a winning streak right now, aren't they? Well, you never know ^^ Maybe with a lot of hard work and a little luck, they'll squeeze in there ^^
    It would take a whole lot of luck. Here's what I said on another forum a while ago:

Quote Quote:
    The Titans just won their fifth straight game today, they're 7-7 after a 0-5 start, and to stand any kind of chance of getting to the playoffs, a lot of things have to happen.

That includes the Jets losing both of their last two games, against Miami, and Oakland.

Personally I have more faith in Miami beating the Jets than I do Oakland, so that last game really worries me. But the Jets don't really seem to be playing very great football right now, so you never know.

Either way, I'll be cheering hard for the Dolphins in their next game to win!

Other factors to have to happen - we also need the 8-6 Broncos to lose their next two.

That means I'm hoping for a scenario where the 8-5 Bengals will be the other wild card. These two play each other next week, so I want the Bengals to win that one. If both teams get in, there's no way we can get in. But the Broncos also have to lose to San Francisco though, which also worries me.

The Bengals play the Colts tomorrow night and the Steelers in their last game to go with their game with Denver next week, but I don't mind if they're the other wild card team especially as it would help in eliminating at least two teams from the equation.

So, assuming the Jets lose to the Dolphins and Raiders and Broncos lose to the Bengals and 49ers, then we also need the Jaguars to lose at least one game, so that if we win out, we'll have the tiebreaker over them because we have more divison wins (we're 4-2 and they're 3-3, thanks to their two losses to Houston, hah.)

Best scenario would be the Jaguars losing to the Pats (who will probably get in anyway) and then beating 7-7 Kansas City (eliminating that team from the playoffs).

We also need the 7-7 Steelers to lose to either the Ravens or Bengals and we'll have the opportunity to eliminate the 7-7 Bills ourselves next week.

I think that's all there is to it... the slimmest of chances... but it's there.
    So yeah, I don't have high hopes, but one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom65437
    I think Indy will at least LOOK fine going into the playoffs, I can't say they WILL be. I have no doubt they'll look good against Houston, I have no idea what to think of when they play us.... we're so up and down, we might give them one of the best games of the year, or we might just bend over and take it. Who knows.
    Yeah, but if they look bad in either game, I doubt they'll make it to the big dance.

Venom65437

Indy is done. No other way to put it, their defense is so pathetic, it doesn't matter if Indy scores scores 50 points, that defense will let someone rush well enough to score 51. They suck. Plain and simple. Hopefully Indy will do themselves a favor and just lose quickly so we don't have to watch LT run all over them.

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Indy is done. No other way to put it, their defense is so pathetic, it doesn't matter if Indy scores scores 50 points, that defense will let someone rush well enough to score 51. They suck. Plain and simple. Hopefully Indy will do themselves a favor and just lose quickly so we don't have to watch LT run all over them.
    I wanted to cry when I saw the score on TV awhile ago >< How could they lose to the damn TEXANS!? Shit >< That's utterly fucking ridiculous. I'm so tired of this season >< I jsut want it to be over :/ I seriously had my hopes up that Colts would take the SuperBowl this year, bu after today? They've got a snowball's chance in hell, and we all know that ain't good

notalwaysright.com = story of my life.
    Personal Blog

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I hate to say it, but Indianapolis' defense let them down big time this year. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Coach Dungy retire or be fired at the end of the season.

He's been around long enough to have incorporated his defensive schemes and it's just done jack. Sure he's been lacking the players, but it's just no excuse. Every team has a bit of imbalance when it comes to offensive and defensive players, but that didn't stop teams from winning Super Bowls in the past. When a team starts 9-0, the head coach is supposed to improve the players that he has throughout the season, and they've just gotten worse and worse.

It's just time for Coach Dungy to go. He also seems to have totally lost the passion for the sport as well. Not that I blame him because he did lose his son last year.

Things are looking up for the Titans though. Although Cincinnati lost to Denver, that actually doesn't mean the Titans are out of it yet because now we just need Cincinnati to lose to Pittsburgh next year (instead of Denver to San Francisco) and I'm actually more confident that could happen.

The real scary game for me is still the Jets game with Oakland though. Of course if the Jets win tonight against Miami, it'll be essentially over for the Titans.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

>< Seahawks were 30 seconds away from beating the number one team in the NFL. (Chargers)

Well even though they lost 3 (or 4) games in a row there still number on in the NFC west, though that doesn't mean much...

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The Seahawks are far removed from their team from last year. Still, in the NFC playoffs, anything could happen this year, I think. There's no real stand-out team at all in that conference.

Bears: superb defense but anemic offense (though they finally played Griese.)
    Saints: up and down team with suspect defense
    Cowboys: underachieving team led by overachieving first year starting quarterback
    Seahawks: injury-prone year has led to a somewhat battered team

And probably the Eagles and the Giants will make it as the wild card teams, neither of which I'd put my faith in at all to win games. But actually the Eagles might have the best chance of surprising because Jeff Garcia's playing pretty good.[br]Posted on: December 25, 2006, 01:42:02 PM_________________________________________________* * *

Well, the Dolphins let us down. Jets won 13-10. But amazingly enough the Titans still have a chance to get to the playoffs (I thought they were going to be eliminated as a result), but they need 1) a win against the Patriots, 2) a Bengals loss or tie against Steelers, 3) a Broncos loss to the 49ers and 4) a Chiefs win vs Jaguars. I know it's difficult to believe that all that could happen but at least the Titans will go into next week still playing hard with hope.

Venom65437

I'm going to start at the end, because this was the worst. Once again our GREAT defense is completely helpless in the last two minutes. While I understand you won't stop them every time, it seems to be a freakin' miracle when we do. The Jets were clearly playing for OT, or a long FG AT BEST, and we let a stupid ass screen pass, where... Matt Roth I think? Had his hands on Washington and instead we let it go for 65 yards. 65!!!

On a night where we put Richmond Webb in the Ring of Honor, and had all these old great Dolphins come back, you'd think this team could show something....

By the way, for all the fans that left before the FG, why do you come? I mean seriously? You didn't know what was going to happen and you gave up. The Jets had already messed up one FG, whose to say they can't do it again? And those of you who left after when 10 seconds left... same question... I hate our fans, I really do. They don't show up... and when it gets tough they leave. They suck, and it's no wonder our home field advantage isn't that great. I know for a fact I was the loudest person in my section... I can't even talk today...oh well

More thoughts... the Jets put together only one TD drive... and Michael Lehan should have gotten the interception on that. But this whole year we've had our hands on turnovers that just never happened. Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas were great... the rest of the defense.... wasn't bad... but they all folded when we needed them the most. Also, we had about 3 hits that could be on jacked up...

Mike Mularkey still sucks. Ronnie Brown... averaging over 6 yards a carry... can't get the ball on 3rd and 2?? We had several situations like that and we threw EVERY TIME! No surprize, we also didn't convert any time. I swear to God...

Also, it's clear to me now that the coaches don't have faith in Joey Harrington to run this team anymore... so Cleo should start next game... he badly outplayed Joey anyway.

Chris Chambers again was a non-factor.

Olindo actually MADE a FG we had to have. I was so sure he missed it... I couldn't believe it.

Finally... weather.com lied... they said it would be in the 70s with a 20% chance of rain.... it was colder than that and rained virtually the entire time... I was soaked.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, for all the fans that left before the FG, why do you come? I mean seriously? You didn't know what was going to happen and you gave up. The Jets had already messed up one FG, whose to say they can't do it again? And those of you who left after when 10 seconds left... same question... I hate our fans, I really do. They don't show up... and when it gets tough they leave. They suck, and it's no wonder our home field advantage isn't that great. I know for a fact I was the loudest person in my section... I can't even talk today...oh well
    Say, you weren't wearing a jersey with 8 on it were you? I thought for a split second I saw you on TV, heh. (I figured you'd be wearing a 13 jersey though... looked like you tho!)

Quote Quote:
    Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas were great... the rest of the defense.... wasn't bad... but they all folded when we needed them the most. Also, we had about 3 hits that could be on jacked up...
    I saw all of them, the best one was the one Zach Thomas laid out on the wide receiver. Talk about a slobberknocker! They're beasts, no doubt. (I guess I just hadn't watched the Dolphins enough this year, but I actually thought that Zach had lost a step - guess not!)

Quote Quote:
    Also, it's clear to me now that the coaches don't have faith in Joey Harrington to run this team anymore... so Cleo should start next game... he badly outplayed Joey anyway.
    I don't know if they made the right move or not, but I do still think that the Dolphins could use a young quarterback. Harrington and Culpepper have both been banged up in their respective careers - one emotionally, the other physically - and I don't think either one of them will rebound. And I never had that much faith in either of them to be great leaders anyway.

Quote Quote:
    Finally... weather.com lied... they said it would be in the 70s with a 20% chance of rain.... it was colder than that and rained virtually the entire time... I was soaked.
    Yeah, when I was watching the game from my cozy couch, I felt bad for you, heh

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To get off of NFL-- just because I want to talk College and haven't been keeping up with the national league this year very well--...

Ohio State and U of M should have had a rematch in the championship game instead of Florida State and Ohio State. That was depressing, considering U of M would have had the game back in November if we'd played a cleaner, better first half. You can't play half a game, you have to play the full game, and unfortunetly that's what the Wolverines did :/ (I go to U of M, so this might just be loyalty speaking :P)

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk college football in this thread or not, so sorry if I'm in the wrong place!
    For me from Yfantgirl!<br />

Venom65437

First, I was wearing my Zach Thomas jersey to the game. And you should have been watching ZT Phil! This is the third week in a row he's completely wrecked someone.

Second, I believe Sireta means Florida, not my beloved Seminole, who might just get their ass whooped one more time tomorrow.

Anyway, I'll create something for college football...

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Well, there weren't very many Miami games on my TV this year

Good notion on creating a separate thread for college football. I've changed the title of this thread to the NFL thread.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Logikl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OooOooOoo... football thread!!! Let me cry in my beer for a sec

Man.... talk about an annoying year of football for a Giants fan...

I want them to lose this week so I dont have to be tortured anymore. Even then, they might still make it into the playoffs at 7-9 which is so laughable. Coughlin's pissing everyone off... Shockey needs to stfu and just play... Tiki's retiring... Plexico is a pain in the ass... Eli's rattled... we've lost 6 of 7... etc etc *sigh*... (I'm thinking I need some cheese with this whine lol) Well... theres always next year

At least this season can end and I can start routing for the local team or something.... (I live near Baltimore so I guess I have a reason to be excited?... lol)

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's been a horrible year for the Giants... which is a shame, since it's going to be Tiki Barber's last year. But well, I don't even think the Giants want to go to the playoffs. They seem really down and feeling like they aren't going to win anyway. I think Coach Coughlin at this point has to be fired. I've never seen a coach so intensely disliked by his own players that they just gave up on the season.

But everybody has to be held accountable on that team, it just wasn't a good year at all for anybody.

Yeah, Baltimore is one of the teams very likely to win the AFC Championship. I think it's going to come down to either San Diego and Baltimore for the AFC side of the Super Bowl. In the NFC I'd be shocked if New Orleans doesn't make it, despite their up and down year. Although Chicago can still make it, of course, especially if Brian Griese starts giving them some decent offensive games to go with their mighty D.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Logikl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree GK... Coughlins old school style just doesnt fit with the modern player... or this group of players at least... I think they should get rid of Shockey and Burress as well... they are more distractions than they are productive. What I wouldnt give for a Steve Smith or Todd Heap on that offense... someone that just shuts up and produces on the field (*sigh* to dream the impossible dream.. lol)

B-more has a great chance... I think if they played San Diego today they would have a VERY good chance of winning... but right now, they are just shooting for 2nd seed and the bye in the playoffs. Get players healthy and rested and maybe get some players back for the playoff run to the AFC Championship. Theres so much parody in the NFL in general especially the NFC, you just dunno whos gonna make it in... and any of those teams could honestly be a dark horse and knock out the Saints or Bears... thats what I love about the NFL... you just never know...

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Logikl
    I agree GK... Coughlins old school style just doesnt fit with the modern player... or this group of players at least... I think they should get rid of Shockey and Burress as well... they are more distractions than they are productive. What I wouldnt give for a Steve Smith or Todd Heap on that offense... someone that just shuts up and produces on the field (*sigh* to dream the impossible dream.. lol)
    How about Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne over Steve Smith? Nothing against Steve Smith but he once almost beat a fellow teammate to death in the locker room before Not to mention he's injury-prone, and the Colts duo aren't.

I think Shockey is actually good for the Giants though. He's fiery and the Giants need that kind of spirit. He doesn't like to lose, he just wants to play to win. Problem is Coughlin I think is too conservative a coach for Shockey's liking. They butt heads too much, which isn't surprising as Coughlin puts his foot down so much on stuff.

They need another coach who's more flexible and who can work with Shockey as well as the others. Coughlin would be perfect for a team with, you know, players that aren't so "wild" as much as they are "technicians." The Colts would be a good team for him to go to, for example. I don't think old-fashioned coaches are going out of style, they just need to be a right fit with their players. Bill Cowher definitely found his niche with the Steelers.

Jon Gruden is a "modern era" coach, who went to the Buccaneers, who I think is a more "old-fashioned-type" team. Gruden's a good coach but I think that was the wrong team for him to go to. Jeff Fisher is another "modern era" coach (even though he's a Buddy Ryan disciple) who fits perfectly with the Titans, I think.

Tony Dungy's kinda somewhere in the middle... I think he fits in just fine with ANY team but I don't know if he has the coaching ability to take any team to the Super Bowl.

Quote Quote:
    B-more has a great chance... I think if they played San Diego today they would have a VERY good chance of winning... but right now, they are just shooting for 2nd seed and the bye in the playoffs. Get players healthy and rested and maybe get some players back for the playoff run to the AFC Championship.
    Baltimore does have their best team in years, I think. Might even be better than their 2000 team - it's too bad Jamal Lewis isn't running like he did back then, or they'd be absolute team killers.

Quote Quote:
    Theres so much parody in the NFL in general especially the NFC, you just dunno whos gonna make it in... and any of those teams could honestly be a dark horse and knock out the Saints or Bears... thats what I love about the NFL... you just never know...
    Yeah, the NFL is fun to watch 'cause you just never know. But didn't always use to be that way... it used to only be the Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers, ya know? And even lately we had a Patriots dynasty. I'm glad it seems to be over though.

But yeah in the regular season it's great stuff.

This year though I'd be willing to bet a million bucks (if I had it) that the AFC is going to win the Super Bowl. The NFC is just so weak. My Titans would have made the playoffs already if they had been in the NFC.

New Reply
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast