Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 41 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

I stopped watching kind of carefully after it was 31-17. I only stopped in here or there and saw some of the TDs. When did he break his forearm?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone in the world sound like a dumber human being than Ron Gronkowski? I saw an interview he did some weeks ago...dear god. Thank god there's sports for him to play

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I stopped watching kind of carefully after it was 31-17. I only stopped in here or there and saw some of the TDs. When did he break his forearm?
    It was midway through the 4 quarter
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the highlights. Apparently the broken arm occurred on the extra point of the final Pats TD. I'm not understanding how that could've happened, but unthinkably, we've lost Gronk for 4-6 weeks. Moreover, Gronk would have set the record for the most reception TDs in a player's first three sets if he hadn't been injured. He's at 37, Jerry Rice had 40, and Randy Moss had 43. I trust that Gronk could've gotten at least 7 TDs in six games.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man it's bad enough Aaron Hernandez is still out, but now this!? Kill me now

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Does anyone in the world sound like a dumber human being than Ron Gronkowski? I saw an interview he did some weeks ago...dear god. Thank god there's sports for him to play
    Yeah, he was doing all of this idiotic stuff over the summer and Belichick (and probably Tom) came down on him and told him to shut up and get in line, after which he did. Then again, when you're a freakishly tall white man who may not be that intelligent and you have similarly built brothers, I'm not sure what else there is other than sports. We had one of his brothers (also a TE) on the roster, but we kept cutting and resigning him, and then I think he went to Denver.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Man it's bad enough Aaron Hernandez is still out, but now this!? Kill me now
    Well, it's time for Welker and Edelman to get 150 yards each per game and for Lloyd to pick up 2 rec TDs each game. :troll:

Yeah, but seriously, this is not looking that good for us. I actually think that we're better off without Hernandez on the field, as when he's there, Welker gets less touches.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, he was doing all of this idiotic stuff over the summer and Belichick (and probably Tom) came down on him and told him to shut up and get in line, after which he did. Then again, when you're a freakishly tall white man who may not be that intelligent and you have similarly built brothers, I'm not sure what else there is other than sports. We had one of his brothers (also a TE) on the roster, but we kept cutting and resigning him, and then I think he went to Denver.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Well, it's time for Welker and Edelman to get 150 yards each per game and for Lloyd to pick up 2 rec TDs each game. :troll:

Yeah, but seriously, this is not looking that good for us. I actually think that we're better off without Hernandez on the field, as when he's there, Welker gets less touches.

I don't know Hernandez is probably their best receiver. He's so versatile in so many ways coming out of the back field sometimes, blocking, getting yards after the catch, and he's a such big target in the middle down the field. It's hard to replace all of those things nothing against Welker though

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that Hernandez can do all of that, but I've never really liked him. He's fun to use in Madden as you can get him with a decent draft pick in a fantasy draft, and he's got good hands and good speed, but in real life, he's not really someone I love...

Lloyd's been a disappointment this season though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that Hernandez can do all of that, but I've never really liked him. He's fun to use in Madden as you can get him with a decent draft pick in a fantasy draft, and he's got good hands and good speed, but in real life, he's not really someone I love...

Lloyd's been a disappointment this season though.
    I was going to make excuses for him but I cant. This late into the season he should be fully acclimated to the Patriots offense by now, but his production proves otherwise. He had some opportunities to shine, but you cant keep dropping balls.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

As long as other receivers are picking up the slack I don't mind though.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

I was hoping the Rams would beat the Jets today. I guess I was asking for too much

Steelers lost

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like with Chad Johnson (he's no longer Ochicinco), Lloyd hasn't adapted to the pace of our offense.

With both of our TEs out now, what if they don't?

It's the Rams. Have you seen Sam Bradford play? He is truly awful.

Yeah, but the Ravens again failed to score points and if you take away Jacoby Jones' punt return TD, the Ravens would've lost 10-6. Also, if Big Ben had played, perhaps he could've done something, as the only points that the Steelers put up came from the long rushing TD by Byron Leftwich and some FG at some point.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; November 19, 2012 at 01:12 AM.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like with Chad Johnson (he's no longer Ochicinco), Lloyd hasn't adapted to the pace of our offense.

With both of our TEs out now, what if they don't?

It's the Rams. Have you seen Sam Bradford play? He is truly awful.

Yeah, but the Ravens again failed to score points and if you take away Jacoby Jones' punt return TD, the Ravens would've lost 10-6. Also, if Big Ben had played, perhaps he could've done something, as the only points that the Steelers put up came from the long rushing TD by Byron Leftwich.
    Sam Bradford is not awful in my opinion. He was drafted to a team with almost nothing around him. In less than three years as a professional player he's had two different head coaches and a different Offensive Coordinator each year.

What is this "if you take away" nonsense? Special Teams don't count all of a sudden? Our win wasn't impressive but most of the games between these two teams are like this. It's nothing new.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Steelers lost

The loss of Roethlisberger really was just too much to overcome. Leftwich did as well as he could be expected to, maybe even a little better, but it's still a pretty significant step down. Even with that though were still plenty of opportunities to win it, but there were just too many mistakes.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the Steelers record now after this loss?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Sam Bradford is not awful in my opinion. He was drafted to a team with almost nothing around him. In less than three years as a professional player he's had two different head coaches and a different Offensive Coordinator each year.

What is this "if you take away" nonsense? Special Teams don't count all of a sudden? Our win wasn't impressive but most of the games between these two teams are like this. It's nothing new.
    You keep on believing that. Were you watching him play today? A bunch of times he wasn't even close to receivers, regardless of the amount of talent around him.

Of course special teams count, but the success of your special teams unit often papers over the cracks. The reality is that offensively, the Ravens put up a pair of FGs and it's not the first game that the Ravens have struggled offensively in this year. Apart from the Patriots game and one other game, the Ravens have not really been very successful offensively and while they've looked at least decent defensively, they haven't always faced good offensives. A win is a win, and nothing takes away from that, as the 07 Pats team may have been one of the best teams in history, but in the ultimate game, they didn't get it done. The Ravens have played well enough this season to get the No. 2 seed, and they'd have to lose twice in order to lose that, but you need to be able to put up more than 13-17 points a game on a regular basis.

As a Ravens fan, what would you be saying about this game if the Ravens managed two FGs and lost? Of course special teams count, but you can't rely on them to make up for a struggling offense.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ BASED Shinigami
    6 and 4

Our remaining schedule is easier than Baltimore's, with the Raven's being the only team on it over .500 but it's going to be hard to take the division now.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 19, 2012 at 01:20 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

New Reply
Page 41 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast