Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Multiple coaches in SD have been fired because of Rivers' ineptitude, plus the ineptitude of the defense. Rivers has been there for eight years now and there's never any talk of him being gotten rid of.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Kaiten, but the Chargers have been an awful franchise since they got Philip Rivers, who's probably the most overrated QB in the last 15 years. Remember all of the years that they won all of those games, but went absolutely nowhere? These days, they can't even get close to touching a playoff berth.
    That will be blamed on Peyton Manning this year. In the past they would just rebound in the final weeks and everything would be just peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    There is plenty of blame to go around. Philip Rivers has been horrible, but he does not play defense. It's not his fault the defense gave up a first down on 4th and 29. Norv Turner is as mediocre a coach as Rivers is a quarterback. Rivers is more likely to be back next year though. Coaches are easier to find than new quarterbacks. I have a feeling is time in San Diego is short anyway.
    My dad on top of others have eyed him to replace Cameron here

Multiple coaches in SD have been fired because of Rivers' ineptitude, plus the ineptitude of the defense. Rivers has been there for eight years now and there's never any talk of him being gotten rid of.
    Isn't it just two? He and Schottenheimer?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    That will be blamed on Peyton Manning this year. In the past they would just rebound in the final weeks and everything would be just peachy
    Denver would have won the division even without Peyton, only less convincingly. The AFC West is a horrible division. Nine wins would have been enough to take the division. San Diego will struggle to win seven this year. Even without Peyton, the Broncos probably would have won eight or nine.

Quote Quote:
    My dad on top of others have eyed him to replace Cameron here
    Don't laugh, Turner is one of the best offensive coordinators in the league. He's a lot like Wade Phillips; a mediocre head coach but brilliant as a coordinator.

Quote Quote:
    Isn't it just two? He and Schottenheimer?
    That's right. Rivers has only ever had two coaches, Schottenheimer and Turner.

It would be a stretch to say that any coach was fired because of Rivers. Scottenheimer was fired for being Schottenheimer, a great coach in the regular season, but disaster in the playoffs. He had the same flaws in SD as he did in KC and Cleveland. San Diego's lack of postseason success can be attributed as much (or more) to Marv as it was to Rivers. Norv Turner will also be fired for being Norv Turner. His play calling late games and clock management are as questionable now as when he was coaching the Redskins. He is a mediocre coach, not horrible, but may never be one to take a team deep into the playoffs.

Philip Rivers had some very good years. He may have been overrated in his prime, and his skills have clearly declined, but I don't think it would be right to say he is a bad quarterback. Blaine Gabbert is a bad quarterback. Jon Skelton is a bad quarterback. Rivers is solid with the right supporting cast. Notice his decline has coincided with the departure of LT, decline of Antonia Gates, and departure of Vincent Jackson. San Diego has no talent at the skill positions. Since Marcus Mcneill's injury they line has been unsteady too. He's definitely out in SD as soon as they are in position to sign or draft another quarterback. But he will be signed somewhere else, to be a starter, very quickly. In the right situation he may even thrive.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming Tebow was still there, I'm not going to say Denver would be in the drivers seat of that division. That's all speculative anyway, of course.

I wasn't laughing at the idea of Turner being here, but it's just funny considering the Cameron situation. Plus, it's assuming Turner would want to coach next year and Cameron would be fired. How many firings can the team make if they do about as well as last year? What if they're fortunate enough to make it to the Super Bowl?

I pretty much agree with your sentiment regarding Schottenheimer. When he was fired, no one was down on Rivers. They did however have the same "soft" reputation they have now and haven't been able to shake for years. I'm glad we dodged that bullet and hired Harbaugh instead.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No more than speculation of course, but the rest of the AFC is really bad. KC might be the worst team in the NFL, and the Raiders are not much better. Mediocrity would have been enough to win that division.

The Chargers always had a reputation as "November's team". They always started slowly, surged in November, entered the playoffs with a lot of momentum, only to lose sooner than anyone thought they would. That did not change after Schottenheimer left either. San Diego reminds me a little bit of Indy last year. The team has made some poor draft choices the last four or five years, and the lack of young talent really shows.

Considering the Ravens are a win away from clinching a playoff berth, I would also find it hard to believe they would fire their long time offensive coordinator. I've already shared my thoughts with you regarding Cameron. But as long as the Ravens are winning his job is safe.
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 27, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

No more than speculation of course, but the rest of the AFC is really bad. KC might be the worst team in the NFL, and the Raiders are not much better. Mediocrity would have been enough to win that division.

The Chargers always had a reputation as "November's team". They always started slowly, surged in November, entered the playoffs with a lot of momentum, only to lose sooner than anyone thought they would. That did not change after Schottenheimer left either. San Diego reminds me a little bit of Indy last year. The team has made some poor draft choices the last four or five years, and the lack of young talent really shows.

Considering the Ravens are a win away from clinching a playoff berth, I would also find it hard to believe they would fire their long time offensive coordinator. I've already shared my thoughts with you regarding Cameron. But as long as the Ravens are winning his job is safe.
    Of course. Mediocrity won that division last year.

I have no idea. I imagine if Bisciotti wanted him gone, he would be gone...and no one would be up in arms about it, regardless of how the offense ends up at the end of the season.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bisciotti could fire him, I suppose. That sounds more like how the Raiders did business though, not the Ravens. Losing early in the divisional round of playoffs too many times is about the only thing I can think of that can justify that.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Bisciotti could fire him, I suppose. That sounds more like how the Raiders did business though, not the Ravens. Losing early in the divisional round of playoffs too many times is about the only thing I can think of that can justify that.
    Mmm, I wouldn't go that far. I don't believe Ozzy would argue much with that course of action in any case. Bisciotti is not too much of a hands-on owner, but many believe the firing of Billick was spearheaded by him and it turned out well.

And regarding the Eagles - no one in the NFL should have an emo haircut, especially a QB. That is clearly what they need to remedy first.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Cam played well (3 TDs and no picks), but the Chiefs got a magical win after the Belcher issue. Brady Quinn actually does something for the first time in his career.

Bad luck for your Ravens there, Gary, especially as Big Ben wasn't out there and Sanders fumbled away a reception that probably should've been run out for a TD.

I just wish that SD could've stopped Ray Rice last week.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Cam played well (3 TDs and no picks), but the Chiefs got a magical win after the Belcher issue. Brady Quinn actually does something for the first time in his career.

Bad luck for your Ravens there, Gary, especially as Big Ben wasn't out there and Sanders fumbled away a reception that probably should've been run out for a TD.

I just wish that SD could've stopped Ray Rice last week.
    Don't forget the wide open receiver in the end zone that Batch missed(or confused with the sound guy he hit in the chest)

Lord knows, I'm not complaining. Nothing washes the foul taste of that absolutely heinous loss to the Browns like going into Baltimore and coming out with a win. I feel like the shock of last week has made the whole team play better. The defense is has tightened up a good bit, the O-line is playing great, and the running backs all have a renewed interest in ball security.

Once we have a real passing game again things could get interesting.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Batch is pretty bad, but he made a few plays here and there.

I didn't watch much of the game, so I missed out on Batch hitting the sound guy.

It'll be interesting to see what happens come playoff time. I think that the Texans are overrated, but we'll see.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It amazes me how many intermediate passes Flacco throws above the heads of his receivers. He throws a beautiful deep ball, and is deadly accurate short. His intermediate passing attempts almost never seem to go where they need to go.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny Sanchez gets benched the same week Tebow is on the inactive list I sense a plot in the force!

Good win by the Steelers way to show some life

OMG there almost another tie yesterday
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It amazes me how many intermediate passes Flacco throws above the heads of his receivers. He throws a beautiful deep ball, and is deadly accurate short. His intermediate passing attempts almost never seem to go where they need to go.
    This has been a bit of the case in some games this year, yes. But as a fan who watches enough of him, I would say he suffers more at short throws, ball placement on screens and what not. It doesn't help that he's throwing to a short Ray Rice, but he seems to forget he's doing that sometimes.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No, it does not help that Ray Rice is short, but plenty of other QBs throw to short players and don't have problems.

New Reply
Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast