Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

This was one for the ages IMO. I think I'll look back on this game for the rest of my life and it will be the benchmark. Holy shit.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Indeed, it was quite a game.

Congratulations, Gary! I look forward to, assuming we beat the Texans tomorrow, seeing you back in Foxborough.
    Many assumed the Broncos would win, so tut tut

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    This was one for the ages IMO. I think I'll look back on this game for the rest of my life and it will be the benchmark. Holy shit.
    I honestly wanted to see us play Denver because we match up against Denver a lot better than we do against the Ravens. In fact, I didn't want to have to see Ray Lewis' face again.

Apart from a few plays here or there, the game was really well played. I still don't understand what Denver's secondary was doing on that pass at the end of regulation.

Many assumed the Broncos would win, so tut tut
    True, true, as did I. If you looked at my previous post, however, you'll notice that I am rather worried about tomorrow's game.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

The operative word was "assuming"

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The operative word was "assuming"

True, true. The Broncos were never actually 10 point favorites, but the Ravens had been poor down the stretch. I don't know. I'm not sure if it was here or elsewhere, but I had expressed the opinion that the Broncos' vaunted 11 game win streak wasn't all that, especially as most of the the wins were against the bad teams in the AFC West. Sure, it was 11 games, but their defense hadn't played particularly well against the better teams or anything.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

True, true. The Broncos were never actually 10 point favorites, but the Ravens had been poor down the stretch. I don't know. I'm not sure if it was here or elsewhere, but I had expressed the opinion that the Broncos' vaunted 11 game win streak wasn't all that, especially as most of the the wins were against the bad teams in the AFC West. Sure, it was 11 games, but their defense hadn't played particularly well against the better teams or anything.
    Well, any time you score two times on Special Teams, have Peyton Manning at the helm and still manage to lose, it means you ran into a team at the wrong time.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, any time you score two times on Special Teams, have Peyton Manning at the helm and still manage to lose, it means you ran into a team at the wrong time.
    Indeed, although Peyton wasn't that great in this game. He wasn't at fault for the pick six, at least. The defense definitely let him down at times.

The Ravens played really well.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

The 49ers are looking good against the Packers and Kaepernick's runs have been really good.

---------- Post added January 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was January 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM ----------

Kaepernick and Gore literally ran over the Packers and I am now 1-5 in my playoff game picks. My lone successful pick was the Packers beating the Vikings. In fact, my actual SB pick from the preseason was Patriots vs 49ers, and that's still alive, but I have been awful with picking these games.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew the Packers were going to lose. There was no reason for them to win that game especially with the 49ers at full strength.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

I did not expect the Denver to lose that game. The defense was horrendous giving up so many points. Denver had opportunities to win, but that interception by Peyton in OT sealed the deal.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Come on Seattle...

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

What a stupid timeout.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Well, I still like the 49ers to win the NFC. Atlanta wont beat them the way they played today.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    I did not expect the Denver to lose that game. The defense was horrendous giving up so many points. Denver had opportunities to win, but that interception by Peyton in OT sealed the deal.
    The difference in the game was our defense and offensive line. Whatever they decided to do to give Champ Bailey help at halftime might have worked, but their secondary let them down in other ways. The switch we made last week to move Oher from LT to RT, Osemele from RT to LG, and McKinney off the bench at LT has worked. Their defense had one sack. I don't care how good a defense is, if they aren't pressuring the QB enough, any secondary can look pedestrian.

They turned the ball over three times. Their two scores on Special Teams made this game closer than it had to be. I'm not taking anything away from Manning though, the game went how it went. We were better than them on Offense and Defense, simple.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Looks like we won't have to gameplan for Gronkowski...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, in last season's AFC Championship game, Pollard attempted to kill Gronk, so you didn't even have to deal with him for the whole game, although that was quite near the end.

I'm 2-6 in my playoff picks so far. I hate the idea of icing the kicker and Pete Carroll lost his team that game right there.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, in last season's AFC Championship game, Pollard attempted to kill Gronk, so you didn't even have to deal with him for the whole game, although that was quite near the end.

I'm 2-6 in my playoff picks so far. I hate the idea of icing the kicker and Pete Carroll lost his team that game right there.
    Yeah? Was he flagged for it? No. So thanks.

Icing the kicker? Kind of bush league, but I think the threat of it is worth more. That is, if the kicker is looking to the sideline and trying to guess to expect it or not. But that kicker wouldn't be on my team. I'm too used to Matt Stover who was like a robot out there.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah? Was he flagged for it? No. So thanks.

Icing the kicker? Kind of bush league, but I think the threat of it is worth more. That is, if the kicker is looking to the sideline and trying to guess to expect it or not. But that kicker wouldn't be on my team. I'm too used to Matt Stover who was like a robot out there.
    It wasn't a dirty hit, but Pollard has made a bunch of questionable tackles that have led to opposing players getting injured throughout his career.

I still think that Ngata's hit on RG3 was dirty. Ngata dove in with the head at RG3's knees with an attempt to injure. He wasn't trying to tackle RG3 as RG3 was already going to ground. Even if RG3 was sliding in, Ngata would've gone for it. Ngata was rightfully flagged for the hit.

Actually, stats show that kickers who are iced make the following kick at a higher percentage than guys who aren't iced. There's a smaller sample size of kickers being iced, but if you got on what traditionally has occurred, icing the kicker doesn't work. The last two seasons, I think I've seen coaches lose their teams three or four games because they iced the kicker and the original kick missed.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't a dirty hit, but Pollard has made a bunch of questionable tackles that have led to opposing players getting injured throughout his career.

I still think that Ngata's hit on RG3 was dirty. Ngata dove in with the head at RG3's knees with an attempt to injure. He wasn't trying to tackle RG3 as RG3 was already going to ground. Even if RG3 was sliding in, Ngata would've gone for it. Ngata was rightfully flagged for the hit.

Actually, stats show that kickers who are iced make the following kick at a higher percentage than guys who aren't iced. There's a smaller sample size of kickers being iced, but if you got on what traditionally has occurred, icing the kicker doesn't work. The last two seasons, I think I've seen coaches lose their teams three or four games because they iced the kicker and the original kick missed.
    Because he made a legal hit on Tom Brady and ended his season? You're biased. He's a hothead, but he plays the way it's meant to be played.

How the hell was Ngata's hit illegal? He wasn't even fined for it. RG3 was in an awkward position and when Ngata hit him his knee hyper-extended with A LOT of force against Ngata's body. It was a freak thing. His leg flailing out and bending the wrong way against his big body isn't Ngata's fault at all.

I know what the stats are. My point is the threat of it might be worth more than actually doing it. I saw a kicker on ESPN saying the same thing.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Because he made a legal hit on Tom Brady and ended his season? You're biased. He's a hothead, but he plays the way it's meant to be played.

How the hell was Ngata's hit illegal? He wasn't even fined for it. RG3 was in an awkward position and when Ngata hit him his knee hyper-extended with A LOT of force against Ngata's body. It was a freak thing. His leg flailing out and bending the wrong way against his big body isn't Ngata's fault at all.

I know what the stats are. My point is the threat of it might be worth more than actually doing it. I saw a kicker on ESPN saying the same thing.
    I didn't say that Pollard was a dirty player, just that he goes for the legs/knees of players too often, but that doesn't make him dirty.

You just want to ignore my point by saying I'm biased.

There's a difference between dirty and illegal. You can make a legal hit, but it can be dirty. For example, Ndamukong Suh makes a lot of dirty hits that aren't illegal, although he does make a lot of illegal hits as well.

When you dive forward and put a lot of force onto a guy's knee like that, there's a large chance that it could hyper-extend like that.

There's always the threat of it as the coach is usually right next to the ref no matter what at that point in the game. Some coaches flat out don't believe in it, however.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't say that Pollard was a dirty player, just that he goes for the legs/knees of players too often, but that doesn't make him dirty.

You just want to ignore my point by saying I'm biased.
    He ended Brady's season when he was playing for the Chiefs. He was rough with Gronkowski a year ago. You're biased.

No, I'm not ignoring anything. You're making some point about Pollard hitting hard...and that's what I want my Strong Safety to do. I don't know what you're complaining about. Every DB in the league gets flagged for illegal hits nowadays.

There's a difference between dirty and illegal. You can make a legal hit, but it can be dirty. For example, Ndamukong Suh makes a lot of dirty hits that aren't illegal, although he does make a lot of illegal hits as well.

When you dive forward and put a lot of force onto a guy's knee like that, there's a large chance that it could hyper-extend like that.
    He didn't put force into his knee, look at the hit again. His leg was just out there, flailed out and the impact cause the hyper-extension. He was sliding to avoid a hit but he did it too late. He didn't hit RG3 in the knees!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

He ended Brady's season when he was playing for the Chiefs. He was rough with Gronkowski a year ago. You're biased.

No, I'm not ignoring anything. You're making some point about Pollard hitting hard...and that's what I want my Strong Safety to do. I don't know what you're complaining about. Every DB in the league gets flagged for illegal hits nowadays.

He didn't put force into his knee, look at the hit again. His leg was just out there, flailed out and the impact cause the hyper-extension. He was sliding to avoid a hit but he did it too late. He didn't hit RG3 in the knees!

Gary, nowhere have I said that Pollard's a dirty player. I just said that he's really hard hitting.

I did call Ngata a dirty player, however.

If you want to claim that I'm biased, how are you not biased? You want to believe that all of your players hit fairly and aren't dirty because you're a Ravens fan. It doesn't go only one way, Mr. Gary.

New Reply
Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast