Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

I'm so rooting for Peyton to make it. He's on the brink of greatness right now. I don't know if there's ever been more pressure on a quarterback before to win a game. But if Peyton and the Colts can get past New England, Peyton will probably finally get that elusive Lombardi Trophy to validate his career as one of the greatest in the history of the NFL. And he'll also finally get that big monkey of never winning the big game off his back in the same weekend.

But if he loses... well, let's just say that Peyton will probably never be able to live it down.

UNLESS he does have a great game, say three touchdowns and over 300 yards and no interceptions, but the rest of the team lets him down somehow (ie. running back fumbling, Marvin Harrison continuing to be in the wrong place, or the defense finally collapsing.) In which case, I think he gets away with it, but still.

Venom65437

Well Peyton is going to have to perform a lot better this game than he has so far in the playoffs to win, no doubt about it...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Holland's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I live around Indy and I love the colts, been to a few of thier games and I believe this is thier year...if its not...well, I'll keep on saying it until it is thier year. lol

!青二才は行く!
    We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Venom65437
    Well Peyton is going to have to perform a lot better this game than he has so far in the playoffs to win, no doubt about it...
    Like I told you on MSN, I think Peyton just went up against a tough Baltimore defense, so he couldn't really have a great game. Heck it's funny but he actually didn't think he had all that bad a game after the game, he made enough plays for them to win the game and that's really all that mattered.

He did have a bad game against KC but part of that had to be on Marvin too.

Holland, hope the Colts do it! I'm so excited about this weekend game, I have to stop myself from thinking about it too often. I thought the Colts missed out on their best opportunity to win a Super Bowl last year by losing to the Steelers, but looks like they may be able to atone for that this year when nobody really expected them to go far in the playoffs.

Venom65437

THE "GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME" CHOKED WHEN HIS TEAM NEEDED IT MOST!! HELL YES!!! I HATE THE PATRIOTS SO MUCH, I'M SO GLAD THEY LOST! I DON'T EVEN LIKE INDY, BUT I'M SO GLAD THAT TOM "JESUS" BRADY FAILED!!! WOOHOO!!

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I got back to school (after i went to go get food) when the colts were down 21-3 and i thought, " another choke for manning" but the second half of the game was something else. From the first drive on, the colts almost looked unstoppable. Credit the pat's offense for keeping pace and for making use of the great field position they got and i almost though brady was going to do it after seeing some of those passes but I feel the same was as venom, im soooo glad Brady is out of the playoffs. I bet GK is happy his prediction came true.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have posted much earlier, but I couldn't get on-line for a few days. I was so damn thrilled.

But yeah, that was a classic game. I mean, I'll admit it, I gave up and went to bed when the Colts were down 21-3. I was so depressed and I was like "ah man, it's happening all over again."

My mom came to wake me up to tell me that they were tied. I was like, "Oh shoot, that's what I get for giving up so soon."

So anyway, I watched the second half, and man, that was MUCH better. Good for Peyton and the Colts.

And Venom, hate to say it but Brady hasn't lost any respect from me. I was still scared stiff that he was going to pull out a win in that last minute. My heart didn't stop racing until he finally threw that interception to Marlon Jackson. Peyton wasn't praying on the sidelines for no reason, y'know.

I think Brady will always continue to scare people when his team's put into that situation, and he's won enough times that I still consider him a great clutch quarterback. I mean, he already had an amazing playoff win this year over the Chargers.

And to boot, he's a pretty nice guy, too. For him to treat Peyton with respect even despite beating him and going to the Super Bowl twice before, and everybody saying Peyton was still the better quarterback, that says a lot about him.

But I am also VERY sick of seeing Brady and the Patriots in the Super Bowl, so I'm thankful this year that's not the case.

Now the question is if Peyton can win a Super Bowl. If he does that, he'll never have to worry about the media ever again.

Venom65437

Brady doesn't scare me... but then again Jason Taylor seems to be the magic potion for him!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Key to beating Brady is just putting pressure on him, pretty much. If your team can do that, Brady will go down. But for some odd reason, no team ever does that when Brady is back there throwing the ball - except for Miami, and now, Indianapolis too. They finally learned that's what they've got to do.

Venom65437

Well not many teams have a one man wrecking crew like Jason Taylor. It also helps to have a MLB as good as Zach Thomas having the whole defense ready on every play.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true. And we know that Peyton usually has problems against Miami's defense with Zach Thomas back there, too. Odd that Miami is the kind of team that could potentially beat both the Patriots and Colts, but yet hasn't really lived up to expectations as far as going a long way in the postseason.

You've seen teams with worse offenses get by with their defense in the playoffs.

Venom65437

Those teams didn't have game killing QB mistakes though...

Give our D a chance in the post season and I think we could get the job done.

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so now that I'm "back on duty" here ....

Colts = Love.

I watched the first half of the game with my dad, and by the time it was 21-3, I was extremely depressed. I turned off the tv and got online. Luckily, Venom here was nice enough to tell me not to give up, and lo and behold, Indy made one kickass comeback. Now, I have to say, when it was towards the last quarter and they were going back and forth with who was winning, I got worried. When the Colts scored that last time with only a bit left on the clock, my heart was pounding. I thought Brady was going to pull one out of his ass and the pats would win. As soon as I saw that interception, I damn near cried.

I think now that Peyton's won the AFC and made it to Super Bowl, he'll do okay. I hope >.>

I'm back :3

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Venom65437
    Those teams didn't have game killing QB mistakes though...

Give our D a chance in the post season and I think we could get the job done.
    Good point. Baltimore, New England, and Tampa Bay all had quarterbacks that didn't lose the game for them.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHatake
    Okay, so now that I'm "back on duty" here ....

Colts = Love.

I watched the first half of the game with my dad, and by the time it was 21-3, I was extremely depressed. I turned off the tv and got online. Luckily, Venom here was nice enough to tell me not to give up, and lo and behold, Indy made one kickass comeback. Now, I have to say, when it was towards the last quarter and they were going back and forth with who was winning, I got worried. When the Colts scored that last time with only a bit left on the clock, my heart was pounding. I thought Brady was going to pull one out of his ass and the pats would win. As soon as I saw that interception, I damn near cried.

I think now that Peyton's won the AFC and made it to Super Bowl, he'll do okay. I hope >.>
    Well, the pressure's off. Peyton doesn't have to worry about the media for a while. I think he'll go into the Super Bowl a lot more relaxed. Of course the Bears defense isn't going to make it easy for him.

Since it's a huge worldwide event, I've created a Super Bowl XLI thread.

Venom65437

Well, I'm shocked as hell, but Brett Favre has decided to play next year. Of course barring injury this means he will pass my beloved Dan Marino for most TD's all time, but I guess I can take solace in the fact he'll also pass George Blanda for most INTs all time too, LoL.[br]Posted on: February 02, 2007, 08:33:11 PM_________________________________________________You know, I just want to say I don't understand why Favre is coming back. His team was 8-8 last year and just missed the playoffs. Normally I'd say that's a good reason to give it one more shot. That said, the NFC was so incredibly weak last year, I can't imagine the same thing happening again this year. And even with how bad it was last year the Pack had to get hot and go on a 4 game winning streak at the end to even have a shot at the playoffs.

That and Favre, IMO, is clearly slipping. If you read the article you'll notice he was 25th in QB rating last year. That's pretty bad, his number was well below his career average.

As a player who has already done everything there is to do, I don't really understand the motivation behind this, and I think it just puts the Pack ANOTHER year behind in moving on without him. Not to mention it's another year of not knowing what Aaron Rodgers can and can't do.

New Reply
Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast