Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Keep in mind that this was before the whole "Catfishing" thing, I think. People are looking at a legend retiring, and then the biggest name in college football last season playing a similar position to him. I'd say Ozzie Newsome is more likely to trade back and amass more picks in the second round or so. Trading up to get him? Hell no.
    Oh, so now that we know all the scandals with Te'o and the fact that his Combine stats were awful (a 4.82 40 yard time), you're not so sold on him?

It wasn't going to be trading up. The idea was getting Te'o with the final pick of the first round. To be honest, even that's too high for me. I think that Te'o is second round talent.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Oh, so now that we know all the scandals with Te'o and the fact that his Combine stats were awful (a 4.82 40 yard time), you're not so sold on him?

It wasn't going to be trading up. The idea was getting Te'o with the final pick of the first round. To be honest, even that's too high for me. I think that Te'o is second round talent.
    Was I sold on him? I think from the standpoint that it's an interesting story, I was intrigued. You aren't without talent as a football player if you're a finalist for the Heisman as a defensive player. We were talking about him prior to him even playing in the Championship I thought?

I didn't even follow the combine this year, so I wasn't even aware of how he performed.

The scandal puts me off, but he does seem like a dumbass so who knows. I'm sure he got drilled by the interviewers. If Ozzie thinks he's a value pick at 32, then he'll take him. It depends on where he and DeCosta have him on their big board.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Was I sold on him? I think from the standpoint that it's an interesting story, I was intrigued. You aren't without talent as a football player if you're a finalist for the Heisman as a defensive player. We were talking about him prior to him even playing in the Championship I thought?

I didn't even follow the combine this year, so I wasn't even aware of how he performed.

The scandal puts me off, but he does seem like a dumbass so who knows. I'm sure he got drilled by the interviewers. If Ozzie thinks he's a value pick at 32, then he'll take him. It depends on where he and DeCosta have him on their big board.
    I can't recall, honestly. You did seem to like him, however. As we saw against Alabama, Te'o just didn't have it. This horrible Combine (including saying that he'd recently run a 4.6 or maybe a 4.5 when he'd clearly just run a 4.8+) doesn't help matters.

I don't want someone with this many off-field issues. I don't know if Te'o is really as slow as 4.8+, but I wouldn't think he's any faster than 4.7+.

Te'o is a value pick at 32, but I don't know. Someone will still take him in the first round, most likely, although I don't believe that he's necessarily first round talent/whatever.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I like him for his pedigree and the intangibles. He seems to be a good leader. Combine numbers will earn you money, but it has nothing too do with whether you'll pan out or not. We've been hitting on second rounders lately, so if we take him in the second round it would probably be a good value.

But I do know that if he seems like a fuck-up, we're probably not going to draft him. Probably even more so now that Lewis isn't in the locker room anymore.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I like him for his pedigree and the intangibles. He seems to be a good leader. Combine numbers will earn you money, but it has nothing too do with whether you'll pan out or not. We've been hitting on second rounders lately, so if we take him in the second round it would probably be a good value.

But I do know that if he seems like a fuck-up, we're probably not going to draft him. Probably even more so now that Lewis isn't in the locker room anymore.
    Te'o is someone that I'd take as a second rounder because it would bring him back down to earth and make him realize that he's not entitled. If he's a first rounder, he'll act like he's uber-awesome.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Te'o is someone that I'd take as a second rounder because it would bring him back down to earth and make him realize that he's not entitled. If he's a first rounder, he'll act like he's uber-awesome.
    You think so? Aside from the whole Catfish incident, he didn't strike me as cocky or acting entitled or anything,

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You think so? Aside from the whole Catfish incident, he didn't strike me as cocky or acting entitled or anything,
    Yeah, but he got to be in the news and everything and have attention focused on him. I think he wants attention and being a first round pick would give him this sense of being entitled and people wanting him or something.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but he got to be in the news and everything and have attention focused on him. I think he wants attention and being a first round pick would give him this sense of being entitled and people wanting him or something.
    I think you're being pretty pessimistic here. Whether he handled the Catfish thing the right way or not, I can't imagine he liked the attention it got him...unless he has some sort of personality disorder. Who knows.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you're being pretty pessimistic here. Whether he handled the Catfish thing the right way or not, I can't imagine he liked the attention it got him...unless he has some sort of personality disorder. Who knows.
    I don't know. I didn't like Te'o before any of the stuff anyway.

On the big news, the Chiefs agree to acquire Alex Smith from the 49ers.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Andy Reid will manage to have success with the Chiefs. I would say they have the best talent among the cellar-dwellers.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They did have five all-pros last season, and some of their best players were injured. He at least will help make them respectable again. Other than that 2011 spending spree, he is good at evaluating talent and building a roster. His flaws (clock management, in game decision making) might prevent them from taking the next step, but he at least should make the franchise respectable again.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It helps that they're probably in the weakest division in the AFC as well.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That too. Last season only the Broncos had a winning record. Four games against Oakland and San Diego should make rebuilding feel a little easier.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

We won a Super Bowl with his superb play. But Joe Flacco and "highest paid in NFL history" just doesn't seem to fit

I'm not a doubter of his skill, or his value. I guess he just lucked out by turning down an extension last year and delivering 100% at the end of the season. That was a ballsy move.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I can agree with you there, Gary. If he performs comes playoff time, that's what matters, right? These days, while Brady's great during the regular season, no one's going to deny that he's had some questionable finishes in the playoffs.

New Reply
Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast