Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1175

Thread: NFL Thread

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NFL Thread

I have nothing against him either, but he is comically bad. Not a Philip Rivers fan either. He reminds me of those kids who were way to into it during little league.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That was fairly poor defending by the Jets there.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet Pea

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

He was already out 4-6 weeks, who cares

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Still funny.

The NFC East is an atrocity!!

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, great trade by the Ravens this week. LT Egene Monroe for a 4th and 5th round pick. A good young left tackle for the price seems like a steal to me.

By contrast my Steelers traded for LT Levi brown in a clear desperation move.(an idiotic desperation move IMO)
    Last edited by Jammin; October 02, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

He isn't THAT young, but plenty of tread on the tires hopefully. Will be interesting to see how he performs on a team that actually tries to win.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    He isn't THAT young, but plenty of tread on the tires hopefully. Will be interesting to see how he performs on a team that actually tries to win.
    He's 26 and a very talented left tackle. That's a great investment in my book.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As opposed to say Levi Brown who's 29, has a fairly big contract hanging over his head, and was rumored to have been on the brink of getting cut if the Steelers hadn't traded for him. Which I just don't get. So we're renting an older pricier version of Mike Adams for a year, which screws up our cap situation further all so we can...do what exactly? We're 0-4 and it's not out of the realm of reason we could be headed for 1-2 win season.

We're not beating the Ravens, Packers, Patriots, Lions, Bengals, or Dolphins. And unless we improve significantly we're not beating the Browns or Bills. So assuming we can pull off wins against the Jets at home as we come off a bye and the Raiders in Oakland (which is not looking certain) we Steeler fans could be looking at a 2 win season. Trading for players just doesn't make any sense in that situation unless the front office is starting to get scared of going winless. Which seems unlikely but I suppose isn't impossible.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 02, 2013 at 04:23 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    He's 26 and very a talented left tackle. That's a great investment in my book.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As opposed to say Levi Brown who's 29, has a fairly big contract hanging over his head, and was rumored to have been on the brink of getting cut if the Steelers hadn't traded for him. Which I just don't get. So we're renting an older pricier version of Mike Adams for a year, which screws up our cap situation further all so we can...do what exactly? We're 0-4 and it's not out of the realm of reason we could be headed for 1-2 win season.

We're not beating the Ravens, Packers, Patriots, Lions, Bengals, or Dolphins. And unless we improve significantly we're not beating the Browns or Bills. So assuming we can pull off wins against the Jets at home as we come off a bye and the Raiders in Oakland (which is not looking certain) we Steeler fans could be looking at a 2 win season. Trading for players just doesn't make any sense in that situation unless the front office is starting to get scared of going winless. Which seems unlikely but I suppose isn't impossible.
    Ah, I read an article that said we was almost 29....wow, good reporting

---------- Post added October 09, 2013 at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was October 02, 2013 at 05:15 PM ----------

http://redsk.in/1cwejoe

...lol

So he's quoting support from Native Americans and naming Native Americans who were on the inaugural team. It just seems like a bunch of excuses to me, sorry.

There's a reason the Cleveland Indians have stopped using that goofy Chief Wahoo logo as much - it's an offensive caricature, and no different than the use of pickaninnies being used to represent African-Americans. The team name should still be reconsidered, but the "disappearance" (for the most part) of the logo has quieted complaints that have gone on for more than 20 years. If the logo isn't used, it just equates to a misnomer, and not necessarily something offensive. It's the imagery in that case that offends people. There's also a reason the Atlanta Braves got rid of dancing Chief Noc-A-Homa and that stupid teepee in the stands.

Despite the NCAA being completely inept most of the time, they at least did something right by getting rid of the images/names being used by their universities, except in cases where they're given permission (FSU Seminoles). The problem is a "redskin" isn't representative of any specific group, it's a racial epithet in reference to an entire population of people. It doesn't really matter that it isn't used as much as others, it's still a part of our country's unfortunate history. It is what it is. No one would be okay with an epithet referring to other ethnic groups being used in the same way just because the team owner quotes sources who "aren't offended" by it. It isn't about what some "fan polls" say, It's about common sense and good taste here.

Coming from a family of Baltimore Colts fans, I completely understand the nostalgia, civic pride, and attachment fans can feel to names and logos, but come on. The only thing more ridiculous than the continued use of "Redskin" is Daniel Snyder's continued excuse-making and justification of it's use. If you have to justify it over and over again, isn't it obvious something is amiss? The Washington Wizards aren't the Bullets anymore just because of the DC murder rate! A franchise's past is it's past, regardless of the names, logos, or colors. I don't know why he clings to it so much, rebranding the team in some way just when the team seems to have the talent and hype around it wouldn't really hurt the franchise too much if done correctly. The NFL is the supreme revenue-sharing league after all. The only thing that mattered would be results.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe that we just won that game. It looked like we'd done everything possible to lose that game in the fourth quarter, but an unbelievable drive beats the Saints at the end.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are awful parodies, Gary.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Those are awful parodies, Gary.
    Blame the internet

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Blame the internet
    Well, obviously you didn't create them, but you brought them into my sight. I'm not blaming you at all. :P

New Reply
Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast