Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Well Frosty, didn't matter much

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Gary, it did not. That was just shocking...

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really, I sort of felt it was coming. We were dropping like flies during the game as well.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That is true, but beforehand, I thought it was a toss up game, especially after Houston's awful performance the previous week. I figured 3-4 points either way.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting that Deja Vu feeling again about the Patriots secondary. The feeling of stressful dread

---------- Post added October 27, 2012 at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was October 23, 2012 at 04:42 PM ----------

Skip Bayless said that you can win a super bowl with Tim Tebow on First Take yesterday

Thought's anyone?
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; October 27, 2012 at 02:06 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the point of giving thoughts on that?

I mean, sure...if he had the 1985 Chicago Bears or 2000 Baltimore Ravens defense a part of the team as well

But even then, the rules are so geared towards offense nowadays, I don't really know.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    I'm getting that Deja Vu feeling again about the Patriots secondary. The feeling of stressful dread

---------- Post added October 27, 2012 at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was October 23, 2012 at 04:42 PM ----------

Skip Bayless said that you can win a super bowl with Tim Tebow on First Take yesterday

Thought's anyone?
    I think it's probably true to some degree.

Everybody rags on Tebow but he *takes deep breath and braces self* beat my beloved Steelers in the playoffs last year. Sure they limped into that game but make no mistake Tebow won that game. He threw the deep ball well and they won because of it. You can beat the Patriots deep. You can beat the run on the Ravens. You can run on the Steelers (and we take what seems like 200 yards in penalties per game).

Face it, besides the Texans, the AFC is not good right now. So if the Jets got to the playoffs they could be 2 fluky wins away from a superbowl title and Tim Tebow seems to carry twice that many fluky wins in his pocket. So yeah I could buy that a team could win a Superbowl.

---------- Post added October 28, 2012 at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was October 27, 2012 at 08:25 AM ----------

Bwahahahahahaha..haha...haha

L-look at the Steeler throwback uniforms. They couldn't be more absurd if they were hot pink! It's so hideous that it's awesome!
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post

Thought's anyone?
    In 1931 or 2012? If Skip was talking about the 30's I'd agree. Otherwise, probably not. Not unless he plays for a team that does not need to pick up multiple 3rd and longs, does not need to throw over the middle, or fit the ball into tight passing windows. Maybe Tebow could repeat last seasons heroics, but if I were a coach or GM I would not stake my career to that. He'd be better off as a running back or tight end, lining up as a quarterback only in triple option formations.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

He couldn't play RB in the NFL and I have no idea about his hands so him playing as a TE seems questionable to me as well.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

RGIII is tha truth... love to watch the kidd play

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    He couldn't play RB in the NFL and I have no idea about his hands so him playing as a TE seems questionable to me as well.
    I think the last time he tried to catch a ball it hit the back of his helmet

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I'm glad the Patriots are finally getting to mid-season form. I was uncertain for awhile, but we'll definitely finish the rest of season strong and take the division again. The Jets are no longer a threat, but the dolphins are still to watch out for.

The Falcons are still undefeated? Impressive. Let's see what they do come playoffs. Show out like every year or finally show up
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; October 29, 2012 at 08:56 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I hate bye weeks. This year we had a nice, timely bye. Especially with the injuries we've suffered. But still, after losing the way we did to Houston it's a frustrating time to have one.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Falcons are no longer undefeated

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Vick is going to end up in a wheel chair before the season is over. I feel bad for the guy. Andy Reid should be fired. You have a stellar RB, and you hardly don't use him enough. Make Vick throw passes an excessive amount of times a game, and wonder why he's getting hit all the time when you know the offensive line is terrible missing 4 starters to boot. Terrible terrible terrible

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

CIN destroyed the NYG yesterday. Not surprised it was about time the Giants took a game off anyway.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The Saints have apparently gotten their act together and put an end to Atlanta's pretending and the biggest news of the day (other than the three QBs out with head injuries/concussions) is the TIE.

Way to go Rams and 49ers! Way to absolutely stink it up and give us a tie. It's not as if they were in the position of Donovan McNabb where he just didn't know there was a tie; they knew and they failed.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Are they going to stop this bullshit and just play Tebow? I mean, it amazes me that Rex Ryan just stands there. Maybe trading for him wasn't his idea after all, weird.

Watching that BAL-OAK game yesterday. I mean, holy shit, was that an NFL team? Looked more PAC 12

New Reply
Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast