Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 40 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Are they going to stop this bullshit and just play Tebow? I mean, it amazes me that Rex Ryan just stands there. Maybe trading for him wasn't his idea after all, weird.

Watching that BAL-OAK game yesterday. I mean, holy shit, was that an NFL team? Looked more PAC 12
    I don't know. Things can't get much worse with Tebow in than with him out, but I don't care much either way.

You know, as crazy as Steve Spurrier's comment may have seemed, and then Alabama proceeded to lose to an unfavored opponent, Alabama could perhaps have beaten an awful NFL team. Cam Newton's Auburn team perhaps could've beaten the dregs of the NFL.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate Rex Ryan, the Jets, and I dislike Tim Tebow. However, at 3-6 I don't see what they have left to lose at this point starting Tebow. "Mark gives us the best chance to win" bullshit week after week he's only proving he's the worst QB in the NFL and that he'll never be a franchise player.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I don't know. Things can't get much worse with Tebow in than with him out, but I don't care much either way.

You know, as crazy as Steve Spurrier's comment may have seemed, and then Alabama proceeded to lose to an unfavored opponent, Alabama could perhaps have beaten an awful NFL team. Cam Newton's Auburn team perhaps could've beaten the dregs of the NFL.
    No way. The best College team, even if it's from a heavyweight University is not an All Star team. And pretty much any NFL team is its own College All Star team. The talent gap is too wide, and the play concepts are too drastically advanced. The biggest misnomer is people labeling certain College Teams as having a "pro style offense", when all that really means is that the QB lines up under center 30% of the time instead of 10%...and wow, they might line up in the I formation and play a Fullback for some plays. It's nonsense really. The offense can be "pro style" all it wants, but it isn't seeing the same caliber defenses week in and week out like you do in the NFL. And lets not even get into the kind of Offenses they see. It's The Spread on steroids, and even if they could play man-up against them on defense (which they wouldn't), they wouldn't be able to stop the run IMO. They would be blown off the line of scrimmage.

Professionals are Professionals. Amateurs are Amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    I hate Rex Ryan, the Jets, and I dislike Tim Tebow. However, at 3-6 I don't see what they have left to lose at this point starting Tebow. "Mark gives us the best chance to win" bullshit week after week he's only proving he's the worst QB in the NFL and that he'll never be a franchise player.
    He's not the worst QB in the NFL. I'm not certain if he's even the worst starting QB in the NFL either. Remember, that Jets team has had a ton of injury issues and awful chemistry. I don't think Rex will last much longer unless there are drastic changes.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Things are not looking good for my Steelers right now.

Looking soft on D against KC was bad enough but losing Roethlisberger to a shoulder sprain right before we are set to play the Raven's in 2 of the next 3 games is rough stuff. Roethlisberger was playing great which helped hide some issues on offense and take some pressure of the defense. Pressure will be on now.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post

Looking soft on D against KC was bad enough but losing Roethlisberger to a shoulder sprain right before we are set to play the Raven's in 2 of the next 3 games is rough stuff. Roethlisberger was playing great which helped hide some issues on offense and take some pressure of the defense. Pressure will be on now.
    Well - lets not mention the Eagles...

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

There was potential he could miss one of those games because his wife is due in the next weeks.

Oh well, I'd like for us to beat the Steelers at full strength but we'll take it

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez is probably the worst QB starting. Who else comes close? maybe Cassel or Weeden..but you're right there are a lot of other issues to acknowledge that prevents pinning all the blame on him. The Jets receiving corps is devastated, play calling, and poor offensive line have been major issues too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Well - lets not mention the Eagles...
    Thanks Charlie, that cheered me right up.

There was potential he could miss one of those games because his wife is due in the next weeks.

Oh well, I'd like for us to beat the Steelers at full strength but we'll take it
    At this point the Steelers and Ravens fighting over the division are like two intensive care patients fighting over a box of band-aids.

The way I see it the Raven's have so many injury's on D that in order to beat good teams you need Cam Cameron be consistently competent. We need the running game to get moving and Polamalu healthy, and Leftwich to not get injured. He's no Roethlisberger but he's not bad.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary, I don't believe that a college team can actually beat a pro team, but when you look at teams like the 0-16 Lions, you do have to ask at times.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point the Steelers and Ravens fighting over the division are like two intensive care patients fighting over a box of band-aids.

The way I see it the Raven's have so many injury's on D that in order to beat good teams you need Cam Cameron be consistently competent. We need the running game to get moving and Polamalu healthy, and Leftwich to not get injured. He's no Roethlisberger but he's not bad.
    That's not untrue, for sure. But an injured QB trumps everything really.

Time will tell. I'm not a big Cameron fan, but we've played three times since Webb and Lewis were lost for the year and we're 2-1 without them. We got thrashed by the best team in football on the road though.

To ask Leftwich to not get injured...well. The guy is a statue back there, yeah he's big and strong but I don't think there's a QB with less mobility or pocket awareness in the league than him.

I don't think Polamalu is playing though. To be fair though, his replacement has done well.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Gary, I don't believe that a college team can actually beat a pro team, but when you look at teams like the 0-16 Lions, you do have to ask at times.
    I know, I took that thought and ran with it. But even with the famously awful teams I don't see it happening. Maybe it would be possible to win if they played ten times or something.
    Last edited by xi0; November 14, 2012 at 06:57 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Ben out for Sunday's game.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I swear that guy can never get through a full season without some type of injury. He's tough though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not untrue, for sure. But an injured QB trumps everything really.

Time will tell. I'm not a big Cameron fan, but we've played three times since Webb and Lewis were lost for the year and we're 2-1 without them. We got thrashed by the best team in football on the road though.

To ask Leftwich to not get injured...well. The guy is a statue back there, yeah he's big and strong but I don't think there's any QB in the league with less mobility or pocket awareness in the league than him.

I don't think Polamalu is playing though. To be fair though, his replacement has done well.
    All true statements though in his case it's not so much a matter of pocket awareness than it is that he takes so long to get the ball out. He throws the football like it's a javelin.

The Raven's offense is actually pretty potent and I can easily imagine them from a skill standpoint being able to do what the Pat's did last year and just putting pressure on teams by scoring like crazy. Cam Cameron is really the weak link there though in my opinion. I realize offensive coordinators always get blamed for everything by football fans but some of his play-calling is just...hard to understand.

I mean, when we had Bruce Arians he did a fine job except for 2 things and both of them drove Steeler fans crazy enough for us to move on to Haley.

1) The bad combination of not keeping extra blockers in to protect nearly and called deep passes. (It'll win you games but it will also put your quarterback in bodycast come playoff time.)
    2) Those 3rd down screen passes (Grrrrr)

Cam Cameron just does things that make you scratch your head.

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Big Ben out for Sunday's game.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I swear that guy can never get through a full season without some type of injury. He's tough though.
    I remember him once being described a wildebeest. I think that is an apt description.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

59-24 was a rather harsh score, but we picked off Luck three times, including two pick sixes (one from our new acquisition Talib), and got a strip sack which led to a one play TD.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Eagles are failing so hard.....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Eagles are failing so hard.....
    Yeah they're done for the season. I wonder if Andy Reid will be there next season

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I'm so sad Gronk broke his forearm I wonder how long he'll be out

New Reply
Page 40 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast