Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    No, it does not help that Ray Rice is short, but plenty of other QBs throw to short players and don't have problems.
    Okay? I'm aware of this

It happens from time to time, but luckily Rice has gotten quite good at catching balls onehanded

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Then again, if Welker had caught Brady's pass, we'd be talking about NE having a fourth SB.

It's actually a problem with a lot of QBs, not just Flacco, Gary. Flacco will never throw four or five picks in a game, so that's a plus.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry to butt in...i'm a dolphin fan and we finally have some spark on offense unfortunately no WR threat nor a secondary worth a shit....

but,i live in the tampa bay area...and these guys might have something going in the next year or so...doug martin is beast and V.J. has all the WRs playing at a higher level...these guys might be dangerous next season...shiano is for real
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on Josh Freeman. If he keeps playing like he has this year, they should be a good team. Like last year, and the Buc's are not going anywhere. Doug Martin is a beast, great back.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A solid win for the Redskins tonight. A win over the Ravens, who have struggled in some games, and then three very winnable games against the Browns, Cowboys, and Eagles would leave the Redskins at 10-6, which is enough for a playoff berth, whether or not that's a division title we'll have have to see. If the Giants lose once more and the Redskins win out (which would be a seven game winning streak), the Redskins would win the NFC East on divisional record as they split the season series.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That was NFC East football how it's supposed to be played! Last night was a game Gibbs and Parcells would have recognized, especially the second half. I'm not thinking about the playoffs yet, to much has to happen, we need to much help. I'm excited to see the Redskins relevant again, for the first time in ages the Skins are actually fun to watch. That is what RG3 has really meant to DC, this team is exciting again. A great win too, the offensive line was masterful; 207 yards rushing, no sacks. RG3 may have been the star, but I'm glad Alfred Morris had the chance to shine nationally. He's a beast, tied with Doug Martin for most rushing yards by a rookie (3rd overall).

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Reddit co-founder, and University of Virginia alum, Alexis Ohanian popping his RG3 jersey at last nights game.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    That was NFC East football how it's supposed to be played! Last night was a game Gibbs and Parcells would have recognized, especially the second half. I'm not thinking about the playoffs yet, to much has to happen, we need to much help. I'm excited to see the Redskins relevant again, for the first time in ages the Skins are actually fun to watch. That is what RG3 has really meant to DC, this team is exciting again. A great win too, the offensive line was masterful; 207 yards rushing, no sacks. RG3 may have been the star, but I'm glad Alfred Morris had the chance to shine nationally. He's a beast, tied with Doug Martin for most rushing yards by a rookie (3rd overall).

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Reddit co-founder, and University of Virginia alum, Alexis Ohanian popping his RG3 jersey at last nights game.

kaiten...u talk like u are older than me...wat u know about the old school gibbs vs parcells...

i agree,alfred morris is just outta nowhere and beasting...garcon is coming along as well as the rest of the WRs....

also,they gave eli 11mins to do something...and the D really showed up...wish u guys luck...i kinda always doug the redskins(doug williams)
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunate that RG3 got hit like that, but it is the Ravens, a team known for hard hits. Some Ravens player (the same guy who injured Welker a few seasons before when the guy played for another team) wrecked Gronk last season.

Thankfully, it didn't cost the Redskins the game.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunate that RG3 got hit like that, but it is the Ravens, a team known for hard hits. Some Ravens player (the same guy who injured Welker a few seasons before when the guy played for another team) wrecked Gronk last season.

Thankfully, it didn't cost the Redskins the game.
    Known for hard hits? I think reputation exceeds reality if we had stats on fines on defensive players. I think Pollard was the one that injured Gronkowski, the same guy who ended Brady's season some years ago.

Ngata's hit was legal, Griffin wasn't playing smart there at all...slide dude.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Known for hard hits? I think reputation exceeds reality if we had stats on fines on defensive players. I think Pollard was the one that injured Gronkowski, the same guy who ended Brady's season some years ago.

Ngata's hit was legal, Griffin wasn't playing smart there at all...slide dude.
    Yeah, it was Pollard.

Well, it's true that the Steelers are fined much more often than the Ravens; I was insinuating that the Ravens make choicer hard hits, and don't make overly blatant illegal hits on defenseless receivers like James Harrison does, but that doesn't make them any less of a hard hitting team. Ray Lewis definitely attempts to light people up at times.

Nowhere did I say that Ngata's hit wasn't legal. I just said that it was excessively hard. Griffin should've slid, but Ngata would've hit him just as hard whether or not Griffin had slid. I'm also not saying that Ngata was trying to injure him, but that the Ravens are a hard hitting team. We've seen defensive players attempt to hammer running QBs this season, not on the Ravens, but across the league. Defensive players need to find ways to get their hits in on the QB now, and sometimes it happens in unfortunate ways like today.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it was Pollard.

Well, it's true that the Steelers are fined much more often than the Ravens; I was insinuating that the Ravens make choicer hard hits, and don't make overly blatant illegal hits on defenseless receivers like James Harrison does, but that doesn't make them any less of a hard hitting team. Ray Lewis definitely attempts to light people up at times.

Nowhere did I say that Ngata's hit wasn't legal. I just said that it was excessively hard. Griffin should've slid, but Ngata would've hit him just as hard whether or not Griffin had slid. I'm also not saying that Ngata was trying to injure him, but that the Ravens are a hard hitting team. We've seen defensive players attempt to hammer running QBs this season, not on the Ravens, but across the league. Defensive players need to find ways to get their hits in on the QB now, and sometimes it happens in unfortunate ways like today.
    Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that. Part of me wonders when the point that game becomes a shell of what it once was with all these rule changes...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that. Part of me wonders when the point that game becomes a shell of what it once was with all these rule changes...
    Yeah, as much as the game is "safer" these days, it doesn't feel like the same game anymore. It was unfortunate that Griffin got injured, but if the rules didn't hinder defensive players so much, we probably wouldn't be in this situation today. It is better that concussions are dealt with much better nowadays, but the offensive side of the game has gotten much freer and bigger at the expense of the defensive side.

Hopefully Griffin will be okay, or commentators will start having discussions about whether or not you should even be able to touch a QB once he's become a runner.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, as much as the game is "safer" these days, it doesn't feel like the same game anymore. It was unfortunate that Griffin got injured, but if the rules didn't hinder defensive players so much, we probably wouldn't be in this situation today. It is better that concussions are dealt with much better nowadays, but the offensive side of the game has gotten much freer and bigger at the expense of the defensive side.

Hopefully Griffin will be okay, or commentators will start having discussions about whether or not you should even be able to touch a QB once he's become a runner.
    I would like to think this is part of some sort of cycle. Commentators have to be more vocal, but Goodell speaking about removing kickoffs entirely...I just got nauseous.

The game is fluid, rules change, all in hopes of improving the product. But these sort of things, it's just TOO much.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to think this is part of some sort of cycle. Commentators have to be more vocal, but Goodell speaking about removing kickoffs entirely...I just got nauseous.

The game is fluid, rules change, all in hopes of improving the product. But these sort of things, it's just TOO much.
    Everyone disagreed with moving up the kicking team, and that's taken the return game out of the game for the most part. Goodell's just awful, and him wanting to remove kickoffs entirely would be drastically changing the game. Don't forget that he wants freaking 18 game seasons. *shakes head*

Yeah, there are positive rule changes, but more often than not, Goodell's rule changes have been anything but good.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone disagreed with moving up the kicking team, and that's taken the return game out of the game for the most part. Goodell's just awful, and him wanting to remove kickoffs entirely would be drastically changing the game. Don't forget that he wants freaking 18 game seasons. *shakes head*

Yeah, there are positive rule changes, but more often than not, Goodell's rule changes have been anything but good.
    I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's SOOO obvious that the League's stance on fining for brutal hits and these added penalties are not just to make the game safer, they're also trying to dampen their liability in the numerous pending lawsuits they have by former players. Them wanting to increase the schedule is enough of a contradiction that it forces you to look elsewhere.

New Reply
Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast