Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Victory for the players I know Roger Goodell is
    Spoiler show
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The players had their suspensions repealed, but Sean Payton still will serve the entire year. Tagliabue seemingly didn't want to say that Goodell was completely wrong, nor that the players were completely wrong, so he repealed the players' suspensions, but claimed that the Saints organization, and therefore Sean Payton, were guilty of some form of bounty scandal.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the result I hoped for but didn't expect. I'm not saying that I don't think the players were guilty, because I think they probably were, but I think Goodell pushed forward their suspension without the evidence to back it up. He bluffed in the belief that he wouldn't have to prove anything and that sort of arrogant behavior is unfair and intolerable.

I've suspected he had no real case on the players ever since was forced to present evidence and he presented an affidavit signed the week of the hearing. Which is just plain silly.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The Saints were pretty clearly guilty of something since the beginning as Sean Payton never even attempted to appeal his year long suspension. However, as we all saw from the beginning, Goodell attempting to overstep his bounds is what has been wrong since the beginning with this whole thing, and it's symbolic of his whole time as commissioner.

Jammin, remember how they claimed that there were those tens of thousands of pages of documents, but there ended up not being a single mention of the players charged at all?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    The Saints were pretty clearly guilty of something since the beginning as Sean Payton never even attempted to appeal his year long suspension. However, as we all saw from the beginning, Goodell attempting to overstep his bounds is what has been wrong since the beginning with this whole thing, and it's symbolic of his whole time as commissioner.

Jammin, remember how they claimed that there were those tens of thousands of pages of documents, but there ended up not being a single mention of the players charged at all?
    Tagliabue probably opened a file cabinet labled "Tens of thousands of pages of evidence" and found a single sheet of paper, written in Goodell's hand, which read.

"PLAYAZ IS MY BITCHIZ!"

---------- Post added December 16, 2012 at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was December 11, 2012 at 07:27 PM ----------

Oh man, CBS just gave Raven's fans the ultimate insult.

I was just watching the Raven's versus Bronco's game and they literally said "we're going to switch you over to a more competitive game" and switched the coverage to Colts Broncos before it was even the 4th quarter. That is a ballsy thing for a network to do.

6. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Redskins are in good position right now to take the division. The Giants loss today will haunt them for the rest of the season.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Adrian Peterson is a freaking work horse. A few more games and he'll definitely break the record. He may not deserve to be League MVP, but he's certainly in the conversation.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is that the ultimate insult? The team's play was enough.

To be fair though, I don't remember seeing the team play with less starters. It's like the field is covered in land mines or something.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Why is that the ultimate insult? The team's play was enough.

To be fair though, I don't remember seeing the team play with less starters. It's like the field is covered in land mines or something.
    Because they almost never switch games before like 5 mins to go in the 4th quarter even if a team is getting killed. It was like CBS admitting this game sucks.

Don't get me wrong the Raven's had plenty of reasons to be in trouble. New play caller, tons of injuries, facing legit team in the Broncos. There are worse teams to take a drubbing from

(like the Chargers for example)

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

They have no contractual obligation to stay with a game unless they're in the team's market. It's not something you see often I guess

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kirk Cousins

If it makes Ravens fans feel any better, the Giants looked just as bad, and had more on the line. At least the Ravens still have a one game lead. The Redskins own the division tie breaker, and now hold the NFC East play off spot. Hopefully the Steelers can win today, we still have a game left against the Cowboys, I would hate to be tied going into the last game of the regular season. A Steelers win puts the Cowboys a game back.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, is Indy vs Houston really more representative of the market than Denver vs the Ravens? I had switched away for a minute to the other game that was on, so I missed the CBS announcer's comment, but when I came back, it was Indy vs Houston, so I was like, okay.

Big Ben gets picked off and it's run back to the 1 yard line. The Cowboys will win in a few seconds.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Bailey kicks the FG and the Cowboys win, setting up a three way tie at 8-6, but the Redskins have the tiebreaker, so...

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Pittsburgh Steelers,

I hate you.

Sincerely,

Me

For the love fuck, what was Antonio Brown thinking? I really would have liked a one game lead over the Cowboys. The Giants no longer control their own destiny, they need the Redskins and Cowboys to lose a game. The Cowboys are now in the same situation we are; if they can go 2-0, they will win the division. If both teams win next week, the last game of the season decides the division.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Steelers are not a contender this year.

Look I love the Steelers. They were my football team since the day I was born but they just aren't playing anywhere near the level you need to in order to go anywhere in the playoffs, if they can even manage to make them. It's not just the injuries either. For whatever reason they have been playing sloppy football.

The Cowboys tried to give us this game and we just wouldn't take it.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I am just utterly uninspired by and bored of this Ravens team. I don't even care to discuss the game with people, nor watch highlights. I feel like a big part of why I even still watch is the fact that we're fortunate to have a winning team in this city. But other than that, my interest on a week to week basis is dwindling.

Yes I know we have injuries, and yes I know I sound like a spoiled fan...but fuck it, I'm just being honest.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the way the Patriots are playing. Too many uncharacteristic mistakes have been made in the first half. SF could easily be up a few touchdowns by now.

New Reply
Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast