Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Embarrassing is not even close to it Did you see the one play where he almost got sacked and threw the ball straight up in the air with multiple green jerseys around ?
    That's a rookie type of blunder...but the throws he made towards the end of the half....I'm not sure I've ever seen something more miserable than that. I don't even...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that we all thought that Christian Ponder was bad...AP just needs to get out of Minnesota.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Don't forget that we all thought that Christian Ponder was bad...AP just needs to get out of Minnesota.
    We share the exact same sentiments. Where would a decent destination be for AP?
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a bit harsh

I looked up who was activated as the backup this game....McLeod Bethel-Thompson? Could he do worse than Webb?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    That's a rookie type of blunder...but the throws he made towards the end of the half....I'm not sure I've ever seen something more miserable than that. I don't even...
    The Vikings are going to take a L tonight with the way Webb is throwing the ball. On some of his throws he's missing the wide receivers completely, my gosh.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

The Vikings are going to take a L tonight with the way Webb is throwing the ball. On some of his throws he's missing the wide receivers completely, my gosh.
    He one-hopped a ball to a wide-open receiver...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is tomorrow's games....

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    That's a bit harsh

I looked up who was activated as the backup this game....McLeod Bethel-Thompson? Could he do worse than Webb?
    I've never heard of him. You never know though. He could be the next Tom Brady.

Of course, that's complete bs, but there's a chance that he could better than Webb. I mean, McElroy was doing better than Sanchez until he got clobbered and had to be removed from the game.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Picks for tomorrow?! I'll start.

INDY at BAL

I know the Ravens are favored to win, but the Colts are one of hottest teams right now, and the return of Chuck Pagano will be a huge emotional motivational factor for them. Also, I like Luck's knack for making big plays in the 4th quarter. I'm sensing upset.

SEA at WAS

I like Seattle on the road. Wilson is playing with a much better defense, and he doesn't hesitate on the big stage much like RG3. I believe they will win a close game in Washington provided Wilson makes some crucial plays down the stretch and doesn't turn the ball over.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Picks for tomorrow?! I'll start.

INDY at BAL

I know the Ravens are favored to win, but the Colts are one of hottest teams right now, and the return of Chuck Pagano will be a huge emotional motivational factor for them. Also, I like Luck's knack for making big plays in the 4th quarter. I'm sensing upset.

SEA at WAS

I like Seattle on the road. Wilson is playing with a much better defense, and he doesn't hesitate on the big stage much like RG3. I believe they will win a close game in Washington provided Wilson makes some crucial plays down the stretch and doesn't turn the ball over.
    Well, I had picked the Bengals over the Texans, so assuming that the Packers don't throw this away somehow, I'll be 1-1 today.

I think that the Colts are playing better right now, whereas the Ravens are really injured on defense. Even with the return of Ray Lewis, I don't see it happening. I'm seeing a close Colts win, so 24-21 or 27-24.

Seattle haven't been great on the road this season, going 3-5. I think it's an insult to Washington that they're the underdogs at home. Redskins to win by three, 20-17.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I had picked the Bengals over the Texans, so assuming that the Packers don't throw this away somehow, I'll be 1-1 today.

I think that the Colts are playing better right now, whereas the Ravens are really injured on defense. Even with the return of Ray Lewis, I don't see it happening. I'm seeing a close Colts win, so 24-21 or 27-24.

Seattle haven't been great on the road this season, going 3-5. I think it's an insult to Washington that they're the underdogs at home. Redskins to win by three, 20-17.
    I stopped watching the game a while ago, but I doubt they'll lose. Packers advance. I'm 0-2 tonight

Well, haven't the Ravens been beat up on defense all season long, but still have found ways to win games? I think it's time we stop making excuses for them.

It's true. They haven't been really good on the road, but they've been getting better. They lost most of their road games early in the season, but they've won their last two away. A lot of people believe Seattle is playing better than most teams right now including WAS, so I don't think it's that much of an insult.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Damn, I feel bad for AP. It just feels like in this day and age a NFL team can't possibly make it to the super bowl stage without an Elite QB at the helm. Something the Vikings haven't had in several years not even with Brett Favre who had one of his best statistical seasons in years with them (I didn't consider Favre elite that season despite the numbers it seemed more like to me it was fluke he was having such a good season).
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; January 05, 2013 at 11:20 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I feel bad for AP. It just feels like in this day and age a NFL team can't possibly make it to the super bowl stage without an Elite QB at the helm. Something the Vikings haven't had in several years not even with Brett Favre who had one of his best statistical seasons in years with them (I didn't consider Favre elite that season despite the numbers it seemed more like a fluke season to me if anything).
    Yeah, you just can't win without an elite QB because the ability to quickly move the ball down the field is so important in a close game.

Well, without the Saints attempting to kill Favre, they may have won that game. I don't know what actually happened, although the players accused by the Goodell were innocent, apparently. There's nothing wrong with attempting to kill the opposing QB anyway.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe Webb

Yeah, you just can't win without an elite QB because the ability to quickly move the ball down the field is so important in a close game.

Well, without the Saints attempting to kill Favre, they may have won that game. I don't know what actually happened, although the players accused by the Goodell were innocent, apparently. There's nothing wrong with attempting to kill the opposing QB anyway.
    Innocent is not the right word. Because the bounty system was started by coaches, Taglibue decided it would inappropriate to suspend players. Even if they were active participants, accepting money, they were only following orders. Had the players instituted the bounty program themselves (something that historically has taken place in the NFL), then suspension would have been more appropriate.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Joe Webb
    ikr? :P

Innocent is not the right word. Because the bounty system was started by coaches, Taglibue decided it would inappropriate to suspend players. Even if they were active participants, accepting money, they were only following orders. Had the players instituted the bounty program themselves (something that historically has taken place in the NFL), then suspension would have been more appropriate.
    That's why I said "apparently." They didn't start it, but I'm pretty sure that Vilma was involved in some of the attempted injuries.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe Webb
    He should play wide out next time

New Reply
Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast