Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 56 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    He should play wide out next time
    You mean like Tebow?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    You mean like Tebow?
    A more effective version of Tebow! One that's more inclined to catch the ball, and not have the ball hit the back of his helmet

Spoiler show
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like the Ravens will win tomorrow. I envision a lot of Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce carrying the ball and I don't think the traditionally undersized Colts defense will have an answer for it. I might have a different gut feeling if it was on the road, but no. Anyway, I hope they can keep Ray Lewis playing another week. I was rooting for the Bengals as I'd rather play the Patriots than the Broncos in the next round, but whatever.

I think the late game will be a good one. I'm not sure what to make of it, but the better team thus far has been Seattle. But the Redskins being home underdogs scares me so I think they could win.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A more effective version of Tebow! One that's more inclined to catch the ball, and not have the ball hit the back of his helmet

Spoiler show
    Exactly! I was actually watching that game and I laughed so hard when that happened.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I feel like the Ravens will win tomorrow. I envision a lot of Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce carrying the ball and I don't think the traditionally undersized Colts defense will have an answer for it. I might have a different gut feeling if it was on the road, but no. Anyway, I hope they can keep Ray Lewis playing another week. I was rooting for the Bengals as I'd rather play the Patriots than the Broncos in the next round, but whatever.

I think the late game will be a good one. I'm not sure what to make of it, but the better team thus far has been Seattle. But the Redskins being home underdogs scares me so I think they could win.
    That's fair.

Um, what were your picks for today's games?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really make any formal picks. I felt like each game was a tossup, but that was without the news that Ponder wouldn't be playing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering what type of injury he had that was so severe that he had to be kept out of arguably the biggest game of his career...

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Exactly! I was actually watching that game and I laughed so hard when that happened.
    It was just a weird play. He faked it then tried to run up a "invisible" hole. I wonder if he was thinking he could forcibly push the linemen forward like some RB's do occasionally either way it was hilarious.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; January 06, 2013 at 01:17 AM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand that. I made the Packers pick as I just didn't trust Ponder anyway and I thought that the Packers would turn it on in the playoffs. I know that the Vikings had won last week, but I just didn't think it would happen for them this week.

I'm still confused why even an injured Ponder wouldn't have been better than Joe Webb, but whatever. I'll be curious to see what Leslie Frasier's explanation is for this.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering what type of injury he had that was so severe that he had to be kept out of arguably of the biggest game of his career...
    They said it was an elbow injury, plus a deep triceps bruise I believe.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

A deeply bruised triceps, assuming it was his throwing arm, would obviously have an effect on his play.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Most definitely. An injury like that would of certainly hindered Ponder's already limited throwing abilities.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think that even with his off hand, he would trow better than Webb

anyway, it's looking like a Ravens game to lose. It's a shame that I won't be able to watch the redskins tonight, I'd like to see RGIII doing his thing!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to go 0-3

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am sorry, Gary. I had thought that your Ravens were looking a bit shaky lately, but Lucky's inaccuracy popped up again. Then again, his receivers dropped a bunch of passes, too. I mean, he's thrown the ball 50 times. I thought Chuck Pagano made some poor play calls, such as not going for it on that 4th and 4 from the 5 yard line. I thought that the back up offensive coordinator with Bruce Arians being out sick did a bad job.

The Ravens played well though and the defense played fairly well.

I'm now 1-2 in the Wild Card games, with only my pick of the Packers over the Vikings working out. Come on, Washington, make me .500 for the weekend!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

RG3 was so hurt in this game, but like I said before "I like Seattle on the road". OH YEAHHHHH! *KOOL AID MAN VOICE*

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Patriots vs Seattle in the Super bowl. I call it.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; January 06, 2013 at 07:48 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am sorry, Gary. I had thought that your Ravens were looking a bit shaky lately, but Lucky's inaccuracy popped up again. Then again, his receivers dropped a bunch of passes, too. I mean, he's thrown the ball 50 times. I thought Chuck Pagano made some poor play calls, such as not going for it on that 4th and 4 from the 5 yard line. I thought that the back up offensive coordinator with Bruce Arians being out sick did a bad job.

The Ravens played well though and the defense played fairly well.
    Was there a pass completed in the fourth quarter? All I saw was drop after drop. I thought the replacement play-caller didn't do a bad job actually. The Colts ran into our defense. They made some plays and converted first downs, they just couldn't get touchdowns instead of field goals.

I'd say our defense played better than fairly well. They didn't score a point on offense. I don't think this is the case of numbers lying either.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Was there a pass completed in the fourth quarter? All I saw was drop after drop. I thought the replacement play-caller didn't do a bad job actually. The Colts ran into our defense. They made some plays and converted first downs, they just couldn't get touchdowns instead of field goals.

I'd say our defense played better than fairly well. They didn't score a point on offense. I don't think this is the case of numbers lying either.
    A big part of why I don't like Luck that much (although he's good/decent) is that he doesn't always hit the players where they need to be hit. It didn't help that his receivers couldn't catch a ball in the fourth quarter. :P

Well, your defense played well, but the Colts ineptitude hurt themselves quite a lot. The Ravens did do a good job hitting Luck, although most of the better teams have done well at that.

With RG3 going down with injury and the Redskins only recording 70 or 74 yards of total offense in quarters two through four, I went 1-3 this weekend in my picks. The Packers over the Vikings was the only pick I got wrote.

I hope RG3's okay going forward.

New Reply
Page 56 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast