Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 886 to 900 of 1177

Thread: NFL Thread

  1. #886
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    I know the Falcons defense is pretty mediocre, but Kaepernick look pretty amazing today. He throws laser beams.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #887
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    In one of my worst years of picking games, I've gone 3-7 in my NFL playoff game picks. The only games that I picked correctly were the Packers over the Vikings, the Pats over the Texans, and the 49ers over the Falcons.

  4. #888
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    I would like the Niners to win, but I can no longer doubt the Ravens. I've doubted them since they made the playoffs, and they've proved me wrong by winning all their games. Kudos good luck
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #889
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    They DROOOOVE the Harbaugh thing into the ground for half a week last season for the Thanksgiving night game. I expect to be sick of it before the Pro Bowl

    Can't wait to see what Skip Bayless has to say tomorrow morning...lolz
    It's a fact of life for sports fans; ESPN, sports radio, Bleacher Report, SB Nation, and Twitter will conspire to run any semi-interesting into the ground. I make a point of not watching Slip Bayless. Icky.

    I think at some point Ray Lewis eclipses all other stories.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I know the Falcons defense is pretty mediocre, but Kaepernick look pretty amazing today. He throws laser beams.
    He looked amazing against Green Bay too, also a mediocre defense. It's actually a really good match up, it should be a well played, well coached competitive game.

    Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    I would like the Niners to win, but I can no longer doubt the Ravens. I've doubted them since they made the playoffs, and they've proved me wrong by winning all their games. Kudos good luck
    I can't doubt either team. They both have that team of destiny feel. Hard game to pick.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 21, 2013 at 01:39 AM.

  7. #890
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    I brought up Bayless because the guy is an unabashed Patriot and Tom Brady fanboy and basically has never anything decent to say about the Ravens, much less Flacco. Going so far to call him "Fluke-o". I get that's how he makes his money, to use Wrestling terminology - he's a Heel... but saying that and then in the next segment kneeling at the altar of Lord Tebow. It's just hilarious.

  8. #891
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    I tried to watch First Take for a minute, but all they wanted to take about was Ray Lewis and God. Skip apparently was upset that people are fine with Ray Lewis talking about God, but people hated on Tebow for talking about God. I think Skip has forgotten that Ray Lewis is a future HOFer and Tebow's a hack.

  9. #892
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I tried to watch First Take for a minute, but all they wanted to take about was Ray Lewis and God. Skip apparently was upset that people are fine with Ray Lewis talking about God, but people hated on Tebow for talking about God. I think Skip has forgotten that Ray Lewis is a future HOFer and Tebow's a hack.
    I missed that...I'll catch it on the replay

    And I don't think there's any sort of reverse racism there, it's like you said.

    I'm equally annoyed by it coming from both of them, but in the moment I don't care. It helps that he owns this city though.

  10. #893
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I missed that...I'll catch it on the replay

    And I don't think there's any sort of reverse racism there, it's like you said.

    I'm equally annoyed by it coming from both of them, but in the moment I don't care. It helps that he owns this city though.
    It was pretty amusing, although still unwatchable.

    When you say "he owns this city," who are you referring to, Skip or Ray Lewis?

  11. #894
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    It was pretty amusing, although still unwatchable.

    When you say "he owns this city," who are you referring to, Skip or Ray Lewis?
    Yeah, I was assuming it was turned into a racial thing. Apparently not and I would have been surprised since Skip doesn't go down that route usually. He isn't Jason Whitlock or anything.

    You seriously asked that question?

  12. #895
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Yeah, I was assuming it was turned into a racial thing. Apparently not and I would have been surprised since Skip doesn't go down that route usually. He isn't Jason Whitlock or anything.

    You seriously asked that question?
    Steven A's the only one who usually does that, but they only time that they ever discuss race is in terms of college QBs and the fact that African American QBs with similar, or higher, levels of talent as Tebow hadn't gotten the chances that Tebow got. However, this season, three African American QBs, all of whom run and pass better than Tebow, have become stars in the league.

    No, I just wanted to gauge your reaction.

  13. #896
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I brought up Bayless because the guy is an unabashed Patriot and Tom Brady fanboy and basically has never anything decent to say about the Ravens, much less Flacco. Going so far to call him "Fluke-o". I get that's how he makes his money, to use Wrestling terminology - he's a Heel... but saying that and then in the next segment kneeling at the altar of Lord Tebow. It's just hilarious.
    He makes me nauseous. I don't care what he thinks and have not watched him in years. That's how he's always been, he needs a target. Last time I watched his target was Lebron, before "the decision".

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    It was pretty amusing, although still unwatchable.

    When you say "he owns this city," who are you referring to, Skip or Ray Lewis?
    Skip Bayless, Natty Boh, crab cakes, and Cal Ripken, Jr. - all Baltimore icons.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #897
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your pants
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    YESSS!!!! Black and Purple!!!!!!! At least my Super Bowl winner choice made it

  16. #898
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Steven A's the only one who usually does that, but they only time that they ever discuss race is in terms of college QBs and the fact that African American QBs with similar, or higher, levels of talent as Tebow hadn't gotten the chances that Tebow got. However, this season, three African American QBs, all of whom run and pass better than Tebow, have become stars in the league.

    No, I just wanted to gauge your reaction.
    Hmmm, well there's nothing wrong with talking about racial issues to me...if it makes sense. They've been talking about revisions they want to make to the Rooney rule, as well as the glaring lack of black head coaches in Divison I College Football. I have no issues with this at all.

    But when you have guys like Bryant Gumbel going off on David Stern...calling him a plantation owner and the NBA players as his "boys", this is an example of using race to only inflame. When I heard him going off on that a year or two ago and looked into more of the past racial issues in sports he's brought up, it's clear to me that he's so hyper focused on race that I would say he has to be racist.

    I wouldn't compare Stephen A. Smith to that type of journalism at all. I find him to be pretty reasonable most of the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    He makes me nauseous. I don't care what he thinks and have not watched him in years. That's how he's always been, he needs a target. Last time I watched his target was Lebron, before "the decision".
    Yeah, but that's a little lower on the ladder of ridiculousness than this Tebow thing. I now what he's playing at and I don't care much about what he thinks, but I LOVE when he's wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    YESSS!!!! Black and Purple!!!!!!! At least my Super Bowl winner choice made it
    Yeah but you like all of the bird teams

  17. #899
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Hmmm, well there's nothing wrong with talking about racial issues to me...if it makes sense. They've been talking about revisions they want to make to the Rooney rule, as well as the glaring lack of black head coaches in Divison I College Football. I have no issues with this at all.
    In terms of the Rooney Rule, honestly, while there probably should be more black head coaches, if NFL teams think that they're not more qualified, they don't have to hire them. I hope that Lovie Smith gets a new job somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    But when you have guys like Bryant Gumbel going off on David Stern...calling him a plantation owner and the NBA players as his "boys", this is an example of using race to only inflame. When I heard him going off on that a year or two ago and looked into more of the past racial issues in sports he's brought up, it's clear to me that he's so hyper focused on race that I would say he has to be racist.

    I wouldn't compare Stephen A. Smith to that type of journalism at all. I find him to be pretty reasonable most of the time.
    I was talking about the guys on First Take.

    Bryant Gumbel is clearly cut from a different cloth on that front.

    Remember when the owner of the Cavs came out with that email/whatever that basically said that LeBron should've stayed because blacks owe things and stuff, which actually was a plantation owner remark?

  18. #900
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    In terms of the Rooney Rule, honestly, while there probably should be more black head coaches, if NFL teams think that they're not more qualified, they don't have to hire them. I hope that Lovie Smith gets a new job somewhere.
    The rule is just to interview a minority candidate. The expansion would require them to interview a minority for the coordinator positions as well. I don't really take issue with that all. It's not about requiring them to be hired or anything.

    You can't really deny that the amount of minority head coaches in the league, compared to how many play in the league is pretty insanely lopsided. But the right guy for the job is the right guy for the job, I'm not arguing there.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I was talking about the guys on First Take.

    Bryant Gumbel is clearly cut from a different cloth on that front.

    Remember when the owner of the Cavs came out with that email/whatever that basically said that LeBron should've stayed because blacks owe things and stuff, which actually was a plantation owner remark?
    Yeah I know, I was just drawing a comparison between Smith and someone who I think is actually focused TOO much on it.

    Gumble's commentary was during the last NBA lockout, comparing the players to slaves and Stern to a slave owner. It's one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard, and I don't like Stern at all. It's not only unintelligent, it actually downplayed the actual struggles black people have had in history here, ironically. To compare million-dollar athletes, who could do any number of things with their money and talent, to slaves. It just left me dumbfounded...anyways, too offtopic so nvm

New Reply
Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts