Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 69 of 81 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1211

Thread: NFL Thread

  1. #1021
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    That's something. I still have no idea who will win the AFC, however.

  2. #1022
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Passive-Aggressiveville
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    Easy, we will. Who got better enough to compete? The Dolphins?

  3. #1023
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Easy, we will. Who got better enough to compete? The Dolphins?
    I would say that all of the Ravens, Patriots, and Colts actually got worse. The Ravens lost key defensive players and Boldin, the Pats still don't really have a defense and they lost Welker, and then the Colts gained Welker, but lost Elvis and potentially some others.

  4. #1024
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Passive-Aggressiveville
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I would say that all of the Ravens, Patriots, and Colts actually got worse. The Ravens lost key defensive players and Boldin, the Pats still don't really have a defense and they lost Welker, and then the Colts gained Welker, but lost Elvis and potentially some others.
    I wasn't being serious, you know... I think predicting such things at this point is kind of silly. However, I will say that I think our team on the whole got better. But that's just paper, hence me joking about the Dolphins.

  5. #1025
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I wasn't being serious, you know... I think predicting such things at this point is kind of silly. However, I will say that I think our team on the whole got better. But that's just paper, hence me joking about the Dolphins.
    Obviously you were joking, which is why I ignored the comment about the Dolphins.

    I don't really see how you think that the Ravens improved even on paper, unless there was some other acquisition in the last few days that I haven't heard about.

  6. #1026
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Passive-Aggressiveville
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Obviously you were joking, which is why I ignored the comment about the Dolphins.

    I don't really see how you think that the Ravens improved even on paper, unless there was some other acquisition in the last few days that I haven't heard about.
    Our defense got younger, faster, and stronger. We have more options at pass-rusher, more depth on the line. Depending on what we do in the draft and the rest of free agency, I think we'll be better on paper. That's just a prediction, but I like our defense more than last years already. Lewis and Reed are legends, but they were/are shadows of their former selves. There's some questions in some places, but no one expected that roster last year to do what it did. The 2011 roster was much better. Our only questions are at WR and MLB.

  7. #1027
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    Belichick, stop trading away our first round picks, kthxbai.

  8. #1028
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    This was a terrible first round, moving back and drafting for depth was a much better strategy. New England was not getting anyone at 29 that they could not get in the second round. He used two first round picks last year when there was actual available talent. That's no excuse for some of the past drafts where he traded down essentially for nothing, but it was the right thing to do this year. Horrible first round.

  9. #1029
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    This was a terrible first round, moving back and drafting for depth was a much better strategy. New England was not getting anyone at 29 that they could not get in the second round. He used two first round picks last year when there was actual available talent. That's no excuse for some of the past drafts where he traded down essentially for nothing, but it was the right thing to do this year. Horrible first round.
    Yeah, but it's not as if we got the 35th pick or anything, we got the 52nd pick. Unless there was absolutely no one Belichick was interested in, I disagree with this move. What about the WR that the Vikings took from our pick? That would've given us more length.

    Unless the plan is to pick up some random defensive player who won't be on our roster by the end of the season (something Belichick has done before), I don't get it. Remember the year when we traded our pick to the Packers and let them pick Clay Matthews?

    I'd actually like for us to get Matt Barkley, but I don't see it happening.

  10. #1030
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Passive-Aggressiveville
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    The way the round unfolded with the Bears passing and then the Vikings passing on him twice, I was sort of expecting us to take Manti with the last pick. But apparently we really coveted Elam more. Seems like a classic Ozzie pick. We have 11 picks left, should be interesting.

  11. #1031
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Yeah, but it's not as if we got the 35th pick or anything, we got the 52nd pick. Unless there was absolutely no one Belichick was interested in, I disagree with this move. What about the WR that the Vikings took from our pick? That would've given us more length.

    Unless the plan is to pick up some random defensive player who won't be on our roster by the end of the season (something Belichick has done before), I don't get it. Remember the year when we traded our pick to the Packers and let them pick Clay Matthews?

    I'd actually like for us to get Matt Barkley, but I don't see it happening.
    Why Barkley when they already have Mallett? Mallett is worlds better, and it's not like drafting QB improves the team anyway.

    There was no Clay Matthews in this draft. Patterson was a reach at 29, not the best available receiver, or best available player. There really was not anyone they could have drafted at 29 that they can't get in the second round. They should stay put and grab a running back and DB, there should be good talent at both positions still available.

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    The way the round unfolded with the Bears passing and then the Vikings passing on him twice, I was sort of expecting us to take Manti with the last pick. But apparently we really coveted Elam more. Seems like a classic Ozzie pick. We have 11 picks left, should be interesting.
    Manti is not a first round talent, and he plays a low impact position. He is small, slow, and suspect in pass defense. He's not even suited for the Ravens defense.

  12. #1032
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Passive-Aggressiveville
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    They stated interest in him during the pre-draft press conference. It doesn't mean he was high on their big board, but if it was right player, right price I have no doubt they would have drafted him.

  13. #1033
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    They stated interest in him during the pre-draft press conference. It doesn't mean he was high on their big board, but if it was right player, right price I have no doubt they would have drafted him.
    Smoke screen. 90% of what coaches and GM's say during the draft period is bullshit. The remaining 10% are lies.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #1034
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Why Barkley when they already have Mallett? Mallett is worlds better, and it's not like drafting QB improves the team anyway.

    There was no Clay Matthews in this draft. Patterson was a reach at 29, not the best available receiver, or best available player. There really was not anyone they could have drafted at 29 that they can't get in the second round. They should stay put and grab a running back and DB, there should be good talent at both positions still available.

    Manti is not a first round talent, and he plays a low impact position. He is small, slow, and suspect in pass defense. He's not even suited for the Ravens defense.
    Maybe because I think Mallett sucks? Then again, the Pats did draft Brady, so maybe they see something in Mallett that lowly peons like me can't see.

    Clearly there was no Clay Matthews. :P I don't really like Patterson, but I'd rather have had something than have nothing, which is where we are right now.

  16. #1035
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NFL Thread

    Mallett was a better college QB than Barkley, with a bigger arm too. Barkley was bailed out for three years by Robert Woods and those big USC receivers. They were able to work their way back to under thrown balls, and all his other inaccurate throws. It's not that surprising that he fell to the third round, given his accuracy issues, lack of arm strength, poor senior year, and shoulder injury. Mallett had attitude issues coming out of college, to go with first round talent. Sitting behind Brady should sort that out. And if he can't play, it's not like he was a first round pick.

New Reply
Page 69 of 81 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts